Which Crews are best for card-manipulation?

Hateful Darkblack

So, I mostly play Leveticus, and I find that my games go best when I do a lot to draw more cards. In a Levy crew, that means having Abominations damage other Constructs for extra cards, and Levy saccing friendly Constructs (usually a disposable Abomination or a rejuvenating Ashes and Dust) to draw 2 cards. If you hire 2 Abominations, that's 4 card draws on the first turn!

What other crews are good at card draw? What's the best card draw combination Crew?

I know Zoraida has some great tricks. She can Bewitched to get a lot of extra cards if she does it early in the turn and targets a model that takes a lot of attacks or walks. And she can get another card each turn from Crystal Ball.

I know Nicodem has a really powerful trick, combining Necromantic King with Muahahaha, so he can turn Corpse Markers into Mindless Zombies, so that he draws a card each time he sac's one.

I know Colette can spend a soulstone to get two cards. Or vice versa. And that her Crew often gets the Surge trigger.

I know Mechanical Rider can draw another card from her trigger, and that this was reduced in the final Crossroads version because it was so powerful to draw two.

What other Crews are good at this? What other tricks are there?

Last question: What's the most card-drawing Crew build available in the game?

Impress me, y'all!

• Like 1

Lynch as Ten Thunders is quite card-manipulating, with Sensei Yu you can Mulligan twice a turn (so drawing up to 6 cards and then discarding the same amount) for the cost of two 0 actions, plus if I remember correctly you can still take Stiched Togethers as they''re Darkened models, so still get to use A Game of Chance.

Plus there's the native ability Lynch has of keeping Aces that drop into his discard pile, he's a fairly card-focused Master and crew :)

• Like 1

Well, in a 50SS game you can take sixteen Bayou Gremlins and with Family Tree you can summon three more per turn, so by turn five you could have 31 Bayou Gremlins and then have them all kill one another and thus draw 62 cards with Somer.

:P

Edit: hmm, what happens if you have your whole deck in your hand and are called to perform a duel? I'd say you win the game.

• Like 7

Lynch as Ten Thunders is quite card-manipulating, with Sensei Yu you can Mulligan twice a turn (so drawing up to 6 cards and then discarding the same amount) for the cost of two 0 actions, plus if I remember correctly you can still take Stiched Togethers as they''re Darkened models, so still get to use A Game of Chance.

Plus there's the native ability Lynch has of keeping Aces that drop into his discard pile, he's a fairly card-focused Master and crew :)

You have to discard before you draw with Muligan.

I suspect you would not be able to kill the last few. But this sounds like a hilarious method for card-gathering, Math!

Bayou Gremlins have four wounds. They can take two damage when they activate to get one extra AP, summoning them does two points of damage for the summoned and to the gremlin used in the summoning and they have four damage blasts with their dumb luck trigger - killing them won't be a problem :D

But, you couldn't really summon three per round without expending any cards.

But, you couldn't really summon three per round without expending any cards.

That might not slow you down as much as you think. Assuming your drawing faster then you're spending, you're only putting good cards back in the deck. That would improve your odds of top-decking the cast and not needing to cheat. :D

• Like 2

Somer has some utterly stupid card draw. 

Family Tree to summon Gremlins, and whenever one of them dies around him, you get two cards.  If you use Do It Like Dis for a Crow, you can just stab the gremlins and tune them into pigs on Moderate or higher damage, getting a healthy Piglet and two cards out of the deal. 

Of course, you don't want to waste Somer's Ap with summoning, so just give Family Tree to Sammy and have her stand nearby, so that whenever Somer draws a card, you can discard a card to draw another card.  Toss in Old Cranky nearby, and now you've got a free action to discard a card and draw a card (as well as defensive buffs to your nearby Gremlins, and a free soulstone when you kill nearby enemy models).  

It's really quite an amusing little engine of gremlin death. 

Well, in a 50SS game you can take sixteen Bayou Gremlins and with Family Tree you can summon three more per turn, so by turn five you could have 31 Bayou Gremlins and then have them all kill one another and thus draw 62 cards with Somer.

:P

Edit: hmm, what happens if you have your whole deck in your hand and are called to perform a duel? I'd say you win the game.

Sounds like the original Sommer. They had to change Survival of the fittest as he used to draw so many cards that he ended up with a Deck only containing severe cards.

It made for a pretty solid turn when you can't flip worse than a 10. (I'd suggest keeping your deck at at least 8 cards if you want to do tthis, just to make sure you can do all your duels without running out of cards, I'm not sure what the rules are if you have no cards in Discard or Draw deck when it asks you to flip a card...)

Sounds like the original Sommer. They had to change Survival of the fittest as he used to draw so many cards that he ended up with a Deck only containing severe cards.

It made for a pretty solid turn when you can't flip worse than a 10. (I'd suggest keeping your deck at at least 8 cards if you want to do tthis, just to make sure you can do all your duels without running out of cards, I'm not sure what the rules are if you have no cards in Discard or Draw deck when it asks you to flip a card...)

If you only have the Red Joker in the deck, you flip it every time :P

Lilith with Puke Snake will draw two extra cards in the draw phase. That is a ten card draw in the draw phase if you spend a stone too. With On Wings of Darkness, it is 11. Lilith can also cycle some cards when she deals damage with her sword.

Lynch can probably filter with most ease with Mulligan. I have seen Nico draw an insane amount of cards at times once the summoning engine gets rolling. Zoraida's Bewitch might be one of the best sources for it. If you manage to throw it on two-three models that the opponent need to do stuff with you can easily end up with 10+ cards.

Lets see, with Arcanists you can have a base hand of 8 (Bring Hannah and the Arcane Reservoir upgrade), Colette can then potentially get off Surge 6 times a turn (with reactivate), and I can't remember if Hannah can copy Prompt/triggers (probably not). Add in the upgrade that gives you two cards when the model is killed and you can get to draw quite a lot of cards while still doing other things.

Lets see, with Arcanists you can have a base hand of 8 (Bring Hannah and the Arcane Reservoir upgrade), Colette can then potentially get off Surge 6 times a turn (with reactivate), and I can't remember if Hannah can copy Prompt/triggers (probably not). Add in the upgrade that gives you two cards when the model is killed and you can get to draw quite a lot of cards while still doing other things.

Imbued energies give four cards on killed/sacrificed, not two. And it's rare 3.

I've got a pal that plays Lynch as Neverborn and his card tricks are just as good there as in 10T. 

Weeeellllll.... I wouldn't actually agree with that (and I'm a Neverborn player) - Lynch himself is just as good regardless of faction, but taking him as TT gives you access to Sensei Yu, who can copy Lynch's 0 actions, thus letting you Mulligan twice a turn, or Pay Up twice a turn, or both in one turn, etc.... that does add a lot to his card tricks if he plays as ten thunders