August releases?

Barsuk

Wave2 decks have roughly 2/3 number of cards compared to Wave1 and they will cost more. Strange.

What makes you think that? There are less upgrades, but more profiles (ressers have 20 in Wave 1 with 24 upgrades and 26 profiles with 14 upgrades). Add the need of multiples for minions and so on and I don't know where you get it's less cards when it can easily be more.

What makes you think that? There are less upgrades, but more profiles (ressers have 20 in Wave 1 with 24 upgrades and 26 profiles with 14 upgrades). Add the need of multiples for minions and so on and I don't know where you get it's less cards when it can easily be more.

It is.

Average 15-20 more cards depending on faction.

• Like 4

As a player just really learning about the overall world of Malifaux, I really want to see a compendium re-release of all the old story lines from the previous edition books. I'd love to learn more about them all, but I either the books are unavailable, or more expensive then I care to spend (i.e. jacked up costs due to out of print etc) just to read the fluff. I'd pay for one, all inclusive, fluff book though. I've also noticed others in my fledgling community who wanted to know more, but were rather turned off when they found out the only way the could was to do a scavenger hunt for the source material. =/ 

• Like 1

Also when considering August release....

GenCon and the fact that Wyrd has previously had special release mini's for the event which have been available online for all us poor saps who live to damn far away to attend easily. So I imagine that there will be plastic mini's in August but in the GenCon weekend release.

Guessing Nightmare......? something, maybe Johanna, maybe the Whiskey Gremlins, maybe Jack Daw and his little band of freaky misfits.

We'll see but I plan to be online and ordering August 14-17.

Nightmare Jack Daw is probably a bit close to the Hanging Tree release.

I'd expect a big, flashy single model with a "scary" theme - something like Nekima, or the Belle-monster from Seamus' story, or... not really sure, to be honest. The whole concept of a "nightmare" treatment has become way less relevant with the freedom that plastic casting brings, so maybe it's time to think outside the box and come up with a different kind of special "Gencon thing" instead.

I would really like to see more gender-swapped versions of existing models, personally.

• Like 1

As a player just really learning about the overall world of Malifaux, I really want to see a compendium re-release of all the old story lines from the previous edition books. I'd love to learn more about them all, but I either the books are unavailable, or more expensive then I care to spend (i.e. jacked up costs due to out of print etc) just to read the fluff. I'd pay for one, all inclusive, fluff book though. I've also noticed others in my fledgling community who wanted to know more, but were rather turned off when they found out the only way the could was to do a scavenger hunt for the source material. =/ 

Nathan has confirmed already that a compendium is in the works. Just give them time.