Ulix art

Malal

The beard throws me off a bit.  If it wasn't for that, I think I would like him a lot more. 

I guess I'm just not used to seeing Gremlins with facial hair.  Model-wise, I hope it's a piece we can just not attach. 

Otherwise, I think it'll make for an alright model.  I sort of want to see if that's a crutch in his right hand or just a short stick, as the perspective makes it difficult to really tell.

Not bad - that should make for a nice mini. Though I must echo the sentiment of being surprised by the look. He doesn't look like a Master-level mover and shaker (other Gremlin Masters with the possible exception of Mah look like they could be Masters - this one not so much IMO).

But yeah, I will likely be buying this one.

It doesn't have the "wow" factor for me but I certainly don't dislike him. He actually reminds me a little of the plastic Mortimer sculpt.

Either way, I'm sure I can make him look ridiculous enough to come all the way around and back up to awesome. ;) 

This actually gets to an intriguing discussion about what a 'correct' Gremlin is. I'm leaning towards buying Ulix more now because the art puts him closer to the Ophelia design style which I like more TBH. Mah, while interesting mechanics wise, lost me with the "Hanna Barbera/ Winsome Witch" design. This is purely my opinion though, cause I certainly understand the flip of the coin.

I have to say, I get a Captain Ahab vibe off the image.  Perhaps the reason he's so different stylistically from the traditional "redneck" gremlins is he has been away from large enclaves of Gremlins more, searching for some elusive fabled pig that took his leg years ago.  As such, he has been less insular compared to other Gremlins and picked up better on mimicking humans.

As not a regular Gremlin player (except for waiting for Brewmaster), I like the design and am intrigued.

I like it well enough, except for the peg (pig?) leg. It have some air of Long John Silver over it. I applaud the art going away from pure hillbilly since if he looked that way he would probably end up looking like Somm'er's cousin from the hills.

All in all, this is tha master I want, if not for looks so for mechanics.

I'm relatively neutral on it.  I don't love it but I don't hate it.  I'll play with him.  I've been happy with the new Somer, Zoraida, and Ophelia art and I liked Wong's original just fine, so I can fall back to it if I don't like a new sculpt.  I'm not going to play Mah, so that doesn't matter to me.  The only one I genuinely dislike is Brewmaster.

• Like 1

I didn't expect a gentlemen Ulix, but I think he's a pretty cool guy and isn't afraid of anything.
I wasn't sure if I would be getting him, based just on his rules and concept, but with the art avaliable, yes I think I will be getting him.

I'm also not in love with the Brewmaster and he's keeping me from going Full Metal/Plastic Gremlin.
I'm overall happy with most of the other gremlin goodness out there and the new Gremlin direction doesn't bother me.
I need the new plastic slop haulers, because I'm currently proxying them since I didn't like the metal ones...

New taxidermist will look great with Ulix on the table.
They both look like grizled veterans. That's what life surrounded by pigs will give you, I suppose. :D

New taxidermist will look great with Ulix on the table.

They both look like grizled veterans. That's what life surrounded by pigs will give you, I suppose. :D

Where is the new art spoiled for the Taxidermist, if you don't mind linking me?  I haven't seen it yet, I don't think.