Wyrd at Gen Con 2014

CaseyJ

I haven't ordered from Wyrd but from other American places and if you are unlucky customs plucks your package out of the bin and adds 25% tax and a fee (and tax on the fee).

Happens to me pretty much every time!  Royal Mail are pretty vigilant as they charge £8 ($12) just for the privilege of you going to the post office to pay your customs!

@Jonahmaul - I have that model (the undead guy with the wavy cloak) if you want it it's yours. He was my proxy dead rider but I kinda prefer the Wyrd one

D.

I will let you know once I've seen the actual miniature if that's cool dude (plus I need to save my finds for Gencon!).

That's the post from Dakka Justin.  Page 51 of their TtB Kickstarter thread in the Malifaux section, A guy named Eric posted it.  I don't remember his last name, but I've seen his posts on "A Wyrd Place" as well.

Edit:   -It's the same post as he made in your Kickstarter link.

Err, MG, that's not Wyrd posting that there.

That's someone literally copy and pasting everything from the update (including Eric's name at the end) into a forum post.

I mean, unless Eric lives in the UK and has taken to the handle of "Thraxas Of Turai", I think you've misunderstood what happened there.

Edit: oh look there's another page of comments.  Point stands.  Dakka is known for that; when an update for a KS goes out, people often just copy/paste it in the relevant thread, for those too lazy to go to KS themselves or whatever.

And a Kickstarter update gloriously announcing that as anticipated, all of the boxes have triumphantly left the warehouse and are now in the hands of various noble shipping services around the world!

:-D

.... why yes I have been told I can focus on something with Terminator like single-mindedness.

Why do you ask?

• Like 1

Which goes to show that Justin isn't kidding when he says that he doesn't know about the shipping aspect of the business. I mean almost every interview I've ever heard with him have that disclaimer. He is a game designer and that is what he knows about, now if he were to say that a mysterious multi-faction master was being worked on and it was not April 1st, I'd be inclined to believe him. On Wyrd's production and release schedule, and availability? Not so much.

Which goes to show that Justin isn't kidding when he says that he doesn't know about the shipping aspect of the business. I mean almost every interview I've ever heard with him have that disclaimer. He is a game designer and that is what he knows about, now if he were to say that a mysterious multi-faction master was being worked on and it was not April 1st, I'd be inclined to believe him. On Wyrd's production and release schedule, and availability? Not so much.

Luckily I leave no need to believe me about Wyrd's production and release schedule, since I never speak about it. 

I am Schultz. :D

• Like 1

You don't get news stories in Germany about Americans actually killing each other trying to get first to the sales?

German News tend to be a bit more about serious things. Like the World Cup. Also this.

heute-show_120323.jpg

EDIT:

@ Cosplay: Okay, those are GREAT. Seamus is obviously boss, but that Death Marshal is golden, too.

Edited by Dirial

Speaking of that guy named Eric, he posted in a reply on A Wyrd Place that barring shipping issues, multiple Wave 2 boxes are expected for GenCon.

Exciting!

Those Cosplay's are awesome!  I love the Mortimer dude who obviously wouldn't be allowed to take an actual spade so is improvising grandly!

Here's a question - will there be minion boxes available during Gencon?  I think previously there's just been crew boxes plus the NE and Miss (who is free) right?  I'd love to get some (very selfish post coming here) plastics for Drowned, Crooligans and Guild Autopsies as I'm not a fan of the current metals and really want to use them!

Last year it was just Crew boxes. The year before that it was crew boxes, well, crew box, Dark Debts was the only box to make it, but also Willie, Graves, Tannen, Beckoners, Rail Golem...so, who knows? I would guess, since they have limited production capacity, seem to want to avoid problems like only having stuff available for two factions, and crew boxes are the biggest, flashiest products, that they may focus on crew boxes again. But I have no insider knowledge, only knowledge of what they've done in the past, and common sense.