Introductions Forum

Nathan Caroland

Hi all,

I'm Marcanist. I've been playing Malifaux for about a month and I'm really enjoying it. My SO introduced me to it and it's my first miniatures game (previously I was a boardgame-only girl!) I volunteer as a wildlife rescuer in the real world, so of course I immediately chose Marcus and his many beasts and I've been enjoying letting my little Jackalope nibble the faces off things. Jackalope's current body count includes a Poltergeist and a Guild master as well as a few other smaller models.

Looking forward to getting to know everybody and also to participating in the Nythera event!

Welcome to Malifaux. Really love your avatar. Don't like you killing Guild Masters, though. Poor Lucius never did anything to anybody... he's just a public servant.

Thanks! It's borrowed from Decimix over on deviantart.com with permission :)

Aw it was my first game, I had no idea who the Guild were. I was pretty much just playing hit things with sticks (or Jackalopes) that time.

The Guild are the good guys! All about securing life for the common man, providing clear water and jobs, and prohibiting any plagues and such. They totally are the good guys in Malifaux. Honest.

After lurking some time on the forum, I decided to register on the forum.

I'm Kristof, live in Belgium and started playing Malifaux some months ago. I play different wargames like warhammer(8th edition), 40k, Dystopian Wars,...

but now I don't feel like playing the other games any more... I blame you Malifaux :)

I took Guild as a faction because I love playing the good guys.

I have a painted up Justice and Sonia crew and recently got the Ortegas and some Guild Riflemen. 

My favorite master so far is Lady J,  because she never lets me down and is a fantasic model.  Recently she killed Lilith, her sister,Tuco, a  tot and a Sherub in like 2 or 3 rounds :).

Go Justice !!

Howdy all,

I just got introduced to Malifaux by the some friends who I play Warmachine/Hordes with. Must admit, I fell in love with the game before my first demo game, already picked up 3 crew boxes from 10T! I tend to be a bit of a lurker on forums/communities as a whole, and plan on changing that.

I'm based in Cape Town, South Africa. Any other South Africans feel free to ping me.

Hi

A mature Nerd reporting for duty!

I have a few questions as I enter the World of Malifaux from another gaming verse (no need to mention, mum's the word).

I don't understand the release schedule, it seems to me that Me2 has been around for sometime, but when I go to web resellers to purchase all my slavering wants, I see varied dates for the Me2 starter set? Along with much more not released.

I have a few rules, Vassal and terrain questions but I will post those in more suitable forums.

In the meantime, thank you for having me and I look forward to getting to know peeps :)

Doc

Returning player here, once upon a time I ran Nicodem and Hoffman, but our group disbanded and I eventually gave away my models.  Recently, I was reminded of my interest in the Neverborn, one of the reasons I picked up Hoffman-there wasn't really a Neverborn master that I loved.  The new models look great and Lucius' Neverborn connection has got my attention.  Not sure if I'm going to pick up the Starter box, though I am interested in the Guild and Neverborn specific decks.  My fiance has her eye on Lilith, so the starter's components (in theory) wouldn't go to waste.    

Hello! Like many I've seen, long time lurker, decided to finally join. 

I am 28, married with 3 kids, living in Denver, CO. I got into the mini hobby only 2 short years ago. The shop I played Magic at was looking to commission an artist to paint a huge collection of citadel scenery. I was slowly being lured into playing 40k (Death Guard), so agreed to take up the task. Since then, I've gotten a few commissions under my belt and am currently on hold due to my new daughter. I plan to share pictures of my work here in the near future.

About 6 months ago, I came across malifaux. While browsing through a hobby store, I saw these gorgeous models; on the clearance shelf no less! I cleaned out what little they had left and wound up with my first two crews: Ramos and Zoraida. Fortunately, a good friend who played 40k also played Malifaux. After just a few games I was hooked. In the short time since, my collection exploded. Aside from the two mentioned crews and various mercenaries, in my case are crews for McMourning, Sonnia Creed, C. Hoffman, Lady Justice, Lillith, Pandora, and Hamelin. 

The only crew with any amount of paint is Ramos, which is so close to done (I really need to stop procrastinating). He is also the master I feel most proficient leading a crew with. However, Hamelin and Zoraida have led to some of the most fun and bizarre games I've played.

I'm very excited to have finally joined a forum dedicated to this game I love so much. I hope to use this as a means to share my work and ideas and get feedback. I've seen alot of amazing models on this site.

Anyways the tl:dr, I'm happy to be here and if you're in the Denver area and want to play, hit me up!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, folks

I'm a Malifaux player from Warsaw, Poland. I play many factions (I'd like to collect and paint everything, but real life has a nasty habit of getting in the way), usually with two of my friends. Malifaux is not the only game I play, but recently it has been the one I play the most.

• 2 weeks later...

Btw, how can i get the small banner under my profile picture? The faction banner :huh:

Welcome

The banner is given to players playing in the Nytheria Campaign. 

If you sign up here

http://www.wyrd-games.net/nythera

then when they register you for the event, they will give you the banner matching the faction you are playing in this event 

• Like 1

Btw, how can i get the small banner under my profile picture? The faction banner :huh:

Welcome

The banner is given to players playing in the Nytheria Campaign. 

If you sign up here

http://www.wyrd-games.net/nythera

then when they register you for the event, they will give you the banner matching the faction you are playing in this event 

Thank you very much :)

Hello all, I had a brief foray with Malifaux back when it first started...Got most of the Resurrectionist stuff before they went to plastic and updated the rules. I'm wondering if there is some advice you could give me, or a place you could point me to where I can find out what I need to play in the current edition. Books, cards, supplements, standard points level, etc...I generally still like the Resurectionist faction best, but really like the Rat dude crew and the Dancer crew as well. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I started playing Malifaux about 6 months ago as a replacement to the destroyed game that was once Warhammer Fantasy, and tbh I'm gutted I didn't discover it sooner!

I used to live in Birmingham (uk) where there was plenty of access to gaming clubs/products/players but moved to the Isle of Man (yes, it's a real place) about a year ago. Unfortunately the island has no FLGS and of the three 'stockists' - one shut down recently but was aimed towards radio controlled models anyway, there was a small section that had some random boxes of Dreadball teams and some Army Painter stuff; one is aimed solidly at trains; and one has the GW selection, although they obviously don't sell much and don't know about the products as they still have White Dwarfs on the shelf from April '14.

I discovered and joined the only gaming group on the island (Manx Wargamers) that traditionally play a lot of WW2 and other historical period games which is new to me but makes a nice change, but have also started playing more sci-fi and zombie games to appeal to the younger club members. The group is really nice with large collections of models and scenery, but attendance is variable and because we only meet up every 2 weeks and because of my working patterns I can't always make it, which is a shame.

I picked up a few bulk lots from eBay and added a few bits too so have a pretty big collection already, which is actually quite overwhelming. I would definitely advise new players to keep their initial collections quite small! 

My brother, who lives in London, was also recently bitten by the Malifaux bug (I think it caused poison +1) so we have been playing on Vassal for a few weeks but, work permitting, I hope to introduce the club and some other friends to this great game in the near future (probably after Christmas when I can get hold of scenery that isn't a piece of card with 'forest' written on it).

Thanks for reading, and in the unlikely event that anyone on the IoM spots this, feel free to PM me :)

• Like 2

Hi all !

I recently discovered Malifaux, which prooved to be exactly what i was looking for in miniature games (Mordheim-like with great rules, great background and great minis, what's not to love)

So here I am now, lurking most of the time. I do plan on posting my paintings once I get to it (am reeeeally slow). My favorite masters are Tara, Doug, Hamelin and Zoraida, but I plan on getting a few others.

That's about it, see you on the boards !

Hi all!

My name is John, I'm 33 and live in Turku, Finland. I've been into miniature games since I was 13 or so... with a few years pause. I started out with Warhammer, like a lot of other kids my age. Now I like something smaller and faster as I do not have the time for several hours long gaming evenings no more... :(

I work at a gaming store. I'm sort of a manager at the store, but we are only three people working here. Gaming in general is my hobby and a way to relax. Games I do have time for right now are Magic the Gathering, boardgames and, of course, Malifaux. :)

Cheers,

John

Yollo people I am Jinxs I am a new player from the lands of wales currently looking at arcanist and resurrectionist.

Have had a couple games now and enjoy it quiet a bit, however more interested in playing the table top game as it is beautiful 

anyway saying hi, hello. 

Yollo people I am Jinxs I am a new player from the lands of wales currently looking at arcanist and resurrectionist.

Have had a couple games now and enjoy it quiet a bit, however more interested in playing the table top game as it is beautiful 

anyway saying hi, hello. 

Best Teen Titan villain.

I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for somewhere on these forums, good luck.