Black Friday Sale

I have a feeling, it might be completely wrong, but there's logic behind it, that if there were not going to be a thing (and if that's the plan, they know that's the case, for example, if it's a once every two years thing, and have done for some time) there is no reason not to tell us, say, in a post like this, that there isn't going to be a thing. This is a case where telling us something is the exact right thing to do if there isn't going to be a Black Friday sale. It's pointless to leave us dangling. Also, things like Black Friday, and Gencon for early releases are really good for Wyrd, as they net a lot of direct sales, so I'd be surprised if they didn't have one this year, and the next, and so on.

Edit: Also, I would like very much for Wyrd-Santa to bring me a Brewmaster crew. Thank you with milk and cookies.

• Like 2

I have a feeling, it might be completely wrong, but there's logic behind it, that if there were not going to be a thing (and if that's the plan, they know that's the case, for example, if it's a once every two years thing, and have done for some time) there is no reason not to tell us, say, in a post like this, that there isn't going to be a thing. This is a case where telling us something is the exact right thing to do if there isn't going to be a Black Friday sale. It's pointless to leave us dangling. Also, things like Black Friday, and Gencon for early releases are really good for Wyrd, as they net a lot of direct sales, so I'd be surprised if they didn't have one this year, and the next, and so on.

Edit: Also, I would like very much for Wyrd-Santa to bring me a Brewmaster crew. Thank you with milk and cookies.

And to continue with this line of thought, it seems like things like the Black Friday sale really helps with Wyrd's PR. They have certainly taken a few hits on the chin in the last year or so (the large Southern California community effectively died with M2E) and could use all the good will they can generate. There seems to be a resurgence of M2E lately (I fall into the new wave of players myself) and it would be a shame for them to miss these opportunities. Especially since it is a win'win for everyone. We get cool limited things and Wyrd gets piles of money and love thrown their way.

• Like 1

One of the upsides with the transparent/colored crews for some people is that they are playable in tournaments unpainted as per Wyrd. I like to paint myself, but I have heard some praise that. And the novelty/collector aspect.

That said, translucent green might be a cool base for Zoraida's silurids. And the Whiskey Golem with amber or root beer transparent plastic has interesting possibilities. You can prime with clear coat and layer glazes to add depth. Add brush on primer for, as an example, the barrels of the WG

Straight coloured plastic with no paint, would not be allowed as a legal paint job in a tournament run by me. It's ridiculous.

Straight coloured plastic with no paint, would not be allowed as a legal paint job in a tournament run by me. It's ridiculous.

Hey, your call as a TO. I only state what Wyrd said when they were announced:

(copy and pasted direct from Wyrd's announcement, colored highlight mine)

We have some Special Editions of some of our crew boxes made of our Dayglow and Transparent materials, including a Smoke version of our Nightmare Tara crew.

These Crews will be tournament legal with no additional painting necessary.

WYR21005 - No Shelter Here Dayglow Edition - $50.00

WYR21008 - No Shelter Here Green Transparent - $50.00

WYR21007 - Children of December Blue Transparent - $50.00

WYR21006 - Nightmare Edition Herald of Obliteration Smoke - $90.00

Saw a sprued translucent red Bete on the A Wyrd Place Facebook page, wondering if that'll be a part of the sale this year.

Almost certainly I would say.  Seems unlikely they'd do a run just for prize support.

Does anybody know if we'll get an announcement of what's available in advance ala Gencon?  Would love a bit of advance notice so I've got time to convince the wife that it's absolutely necessary that I buy more toys!

Almost certainly I would say.  Seems unlikely they'd do a run just for prize support.

Does anybody know if we'll get an announcement of what's available in advance ala Gencon?  Would love a bit of advance notice so I've got time to convince the wife that it's absolutely necessary that I buy more toys!

From memory, last year they announced the week before.....so, only two weeks to wait....

• Like 1

+1 fpr Molly and Shenlong (is that +2?!).  We've seen a lot of their art including full crew art for Shenlong so it's a reasonable hope.  Another Black Friday sale question - have they done pre-release stuff that wasn't the same as Gencon before?

Last year, Ortegas and Nicodem were at Black Friday, but not at Gencon. Thus, it's possible but not mandatory.

So, we might see Hoffmann and Leveticus and a red Bete Noire... Very promising.

Possibility:

Root Beer Translucent Whiskey Golem with a removable shot glass

Some time ago, I sampled my first Root Beer. It was the single most aweful thing I ever drunk, and that means a lot. How can anyone stand that stuff?