M2E Scale

UltraQ

I ordered them as I was in a different country.

I hadn't heard that, but I did know they had shipping issues getting Mei and Misaki there.

I certainly wouldn't call it a fiasco if it is a case of them rejecting models that don't meet expectations, which I know they do have a history of.

Regarding the witchlin, didn't we see pictures next to a metal one? and it was the same size?

There was certainly images on Erics desk next to other models

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered them as I was in a different country.

I hadn't heard that, but I did know they had shipping issues getting Mei and Misaki there.

I certainly wouldn't call it a fiasco if it is a case of them rejecting models that don't meet expectations, which I know they do have a history of.

Regarding the witchlin, didn't we see pictures next to a metal one? and it was the same size?

There was certainly images on Erics desk next to other models

I could take a pic of one next to (nearly) anything 1.5, or Tara & Co. for 2.0, but I don't have other 2.0 models to make the comparison with. That goes double for the Amazonian Mercenaries of Vik and Co.

• 3 weeks later...

Just assembling my Hired Swords box from GenCon, having, after almost 2 months, gotten my missing Taelor. The Ronin are kind of horrible. Not only hilariously over-sized, and requiring very difficult three-point attachments, but 2 of them are missing pieces from the sprues. One doesn't have a dagger to attach to the front of her dress, and another was missing her back ribbon. There are places to attach the pieces, and the pieces are in the illustrations, just not on the sprues. This is the first Wyrd product I have been this disappointed in. Bad times. If the box that is released in November is of better quality, which I hope it is, I would very much hope that those of use who purchased at GenCon will get replacements.

assembled the death marshals today for my Tara crew. Marshal 1 and 2 were fine, the ones leaping over their coffins. great models, really dynamic. Number 3, the guy kneeling on the floor... he's as big as a strong arm, he's about the same size as a strong arm, I guess he could be a really big dude, but his gun and his coffin and bigger as well. someone clearly effed up when designing the mould for these guys.

Just for the record this is on page 13 of this thread;

Death Marshal I'm not worried about - he was supposed to be a big ol' bastard. Was actually a model out of a game of ours on this end .. not that he lived long. Made for a bigger target.

:)

That said, the Vik set was something that shouldn't have happened and we've found where the miscommunication occurred and we're currently looking at, and fixing.

Not saying what we're doing yet as folks will draw blood, frenzy and scream if I don't make something happen within moments, but I'm well aware, and honestly, not happy with it and it is and will be sorted.

but the two leaping marshals are the same size, and the kneeling dude is huge. he's also wielding a peacebringer, standard issue weapon of the guild and it's twice the size of a regular one, i'm certain the guild wouldn't custom make guns for them.

You're absolutely free to accept this, or accept your own same argument, next time you'll be tryin' to fit a Rail Golem into a human standard size coffin ;D

You're absolutely free to accept this, or accept your own same argument, next time you'll be tryin' to fit a Rail Golem into a human standard size coffin ;D

funny thing is, in the 2 lady J crews I have owned, I have never once used the pine box, why take a model off the board when you can take it out of the game? also they're magic boxes aren't they?

funny thing is, in the 2 lady J crews I have owned, I have never once used the pine box, why take a model off the board when you can take it out of the game? also they're magic boxes aren't they?

Like Pokéballs, or Ghostbusters trap? :)

Btw I still laugh, thinking of the Marshal slowly following the instruction sheet to disassemble the Golem with an IKEA allen key, to make it fit into the box. And everyone around resignedly waiting, while the other Marshals look badly at him and facepalm XD

Edited by r4st4f4n

With regards to pine box I use it against models I have little chance of taking out in 1 turn. Low WP models, slam them in the box. Next time the marshal activates he takes a WP->WP duel against the model in the box. With higher WP the DM should have a good chance of keeping the model in the box another turn.

D.

I’m not going to comment on the scale issues, since I sort of like the Amazonian look of the bigger Viks. My issue is with some of the dubious part cuts and the keying of said parts and brittleness of material.

I had an after assembly issue, this might pertain to material issue. After basing the Vik of Blood, I was doing a gentle check to see how attached to the base she was. i.e. A little wiggle to see if more adhesive was needed. The left leg snapped mid thigh, which was nowhere near a joint or glue point. Also I have repeated breaks to the Vik of Ashes sword hand, breaking of at the wrist multiple times during normal play and handling.

I understand that there seems to be rightness in making a cut at a joint such as the wrist, but if you moved the cut maybe 2 millimeter further down the forearm. You would accomplish two things;

1. Increase the diameter of the cross section easily by double, significantly increasing the surface area which bonds the parts together.

2. Locking the wrist in a proper position to line up with the arms, eliminating some of the fiddlyness of lining up the arms to meet the hands correctly.

Also if you’re going to include keying of parts, please make them significant enough that the use of plastic cement doesn’t melt them away or that they don’t look like flashing/mold ling issues. I had removed a couple shoulder keyings, thinking they were flash or got ruined by the cement while trying to line arms up with separate hands. Lost some of the keying on the hands because they were at the attachment point to the frame.

If you’re able to make little indents to fit a holstered gun (Vik of Ash), a Tanto (Ronin), and back armor plate (Ronin), how much more effort is it to make a deeper indent at the shoulders to help align arms that have to line up with separate hands.

By the sounds of it we may have newly molded Viks coming our way- unfortunately with plastics remaking a mold isn't cheap. Is there any chance, if the boxed set is being fixed, some of the anatomy can be cleaned up?

For example, the uncomfortable way the Student of Conflict is holding her right arm:

The dire need for a chiropractor the Ronin drawing her sword is in, as well as her over sized legs:

The excess leg length of the pigtail Ronin- those legs are way too long for her body, even measuring from her true heel, and the oversized arm- straightened out at your side the finger tips should reach mid thigh, hers are nearly to her knee:

As long as things are being fixed they might as well be completely fixed!

post-15144-13911931379314_thumb.jpg

post-15144-13911931379461_thumb.jpg

post-15144-13911931379675_thumb.jpg

post-15144-13911931379935_thumb.jpg

There is style, and there is basic anatomy. The style that Wyrd has went in with their plastics has been to keep everything in realistic proportions- which means tiny eyes, tiny wrists, tiny feet and ankles. This can be a good thing, as Tom Meier and the GW LOTR range of miniatures has shown. However, if you are doing this you leave little room for anatomical mistakes, and those are evident on the Ronin and Sister of Battle.

The legs aren't a little bit off, they are way off. The arm is approaching monkey arm status. It is very difficult to bend an elbow sideways in that position. That poor Ronin does have a back problem.

I’m not going to comment on the scale issues, since I sort of like the Amazonian look of the bigger Viks. My issue is with some of the dubious part cuts and the keying of said parts and brittleness of material.

I had an after assembly issue, this might pertain to material issue. After basing the Vik of Blood, I was doing a gentle check to see how attached to the base she was. i.e. A little wiggle to see if more adhesive was needed. The left leg snapped mid thigh, which was nowhere near a joint or glue point. Also I have repeated breaks to the Vik of Ashes sword hand, breaking of at the wrist multiple times during normal play and handling.

I understand that there seems to be rightness in making a cut at a joint such as the wrist, but if you moved the cut maybe 2 millimeter further down the forearm. You would accomplish two things;

1. Increase the diameter of the cross section easily by double, significantly increasing the surface area which bonds the parts together.

2. Locking the wrist in a proper position to line up with the arms, eliminating some of the fiddlyness of lining up the arms to meet the hands correctly.

Also if you’re going to include keying of parts, please make them significant enough that the use of plastic cement doesn’t melt them away or that they don’t look like flashing/mold ling issues. I had removed a couple shoulder keyings, thinking they were flash or got ruined by the cement while trying to line arms up with separate hands. Lost some of the keying on the hands because they were at the attachment point to the frame.

If you’re able to make little indents to fit a holstered gun (Vik of Ash), a Tanto (Ronin), and back armor plate (Ronin), how much more effort is it to make a deeper indent at the shoulders to help align arms that have to line up with separate hands.

Are you saying that I should start worrying about the legs of Ramos' tiny fellas?

post-12383-13911931380145_thumb.jpg

By now, the thinner plastic piece I've dealt with was Rail Worker's pickaxe handle, that bent surprisingly immediately, but fortunately didn't break

I've recently put together the new Death Marshals and while I really like these minis, I am a bit concerned about their scale. The one that's kneeling is significantly larger than the other two. In the fluff some of the DM are described as more powerful, bulkier versions of humans so that mini is not totally out of place. However, his coffin and peacebringer are also much larger which makes the other two look a bit weird (or the other way round)...