What emobies Malifaux for you?

osoi

Okay heres a question what model, character, piece of artwork, story etc. most embodies what you love about Malifaux? I know Malifaux as defined by Nathan is something along the lines of Victorianhorrorwesternsteampunk (or something to that effect) but what is it for you.

For me personally I think its Molly, I cant quite elaborate further (in anything that resemble sentences anyway) but her essence has always struck a chord with me.

So everyone whats it for you?

Nice thread, I like the theme. For me, it is sad sad Kirai chan. As a big anime fan and lover of Japanese horror, she was the sole reason for getting into Malifaux and Resurrectionist. Kirai and all her Japanese spirits are just too cool and everything I could be looking for to take to the tabletop.

seamus, collette, molly, rotten belles, coryphee, nurses

civilians/working class etc. characters with special powers etc. as opposed to sword-toting warriors, sorcerers and mythological things.. as well as all the nightmarish things (kade, puppets etc.) as opposed to monsters and demons

that and dead marshals ^^

The Death Marshals were the models that got me into the game. The combination horror/western feel got me drooling.

For more recent images

Avatar Perdita. A Hot Gunslinger chick firing two guns from the the back of a strange cat dragon with a predator mouth. It hits the whole horror, fantasy, western and just plain Wyrdness of Malifaux. Just missing the steampunk

Being different. That's kind of nebulous and vague, so I'll try to elaborate:

Malifaux feels like something that just sprang up. Yes, there's a narrative forming around it, but before that, it was different lines of miniatures brought together for purpose of creating the game. That in itself lends to the gonzo atmosphere of the setting. Second, the card mechanic. Does anyone else feel spoiled by it? I can barely tolerate dice anymore, as they don't provide the same thrill or strategy that the fate deck does.

Malifaux has a pretty unique vibe for a miniature game. The western victorian steampunk mood helps alot. Everything can still be done in that world, so there's alot of pionneer/explorer/last frontier feeling. Blend into it a childish tale perspective and a horror movie (a good one) and it's there.

I think Zoraida is the one being in there that has a paw into all of that scene. Don't we actually play with a deck of her cards ? Cheating fate is a game mechanic, but also one thing she's rather familiar...and then there are puppets all over the place.

:Puppet: