Thalaric

Since Avatar Lilith has some love, I thought we should give Colette some as well :) I don't have the entirety of avatar Colette's rules: I am still missing her manifest requirements and the rules on her decoys, but this is what I have. Hopefully someone else who has the book can help fill the rest out.

Her big trick is Shell Game, where the Avatar is actually represented by 3 models. At the start of the turn you decide which one is the real Colette and which are decoys. They all have Colette's stats, but when they take damage you have to reveal if they were a decoy or not. At end of turn you have to reveal who is the real Colette if she hasn't been revealed yet. They activate as a group and you get a total of 6 AP to spend between the trio. Since she gains Fast, that means that as long as you have 1 unrevealed Decoy, you essentially get 6 AP to play with, split between 2 models. If one member of the trio casts a spell, the other two cannot cast the same spell.

Her Wp picks up a tome and her wounds go up by 2. She also picks up a ranged/gunfighter attack with Flourished Card, a 1/1/2 attack that uses her Ca to attack.

She keeps a version of artificial soulstone (limited to 1 stone for the group), Soulstone Augury, and The Show Must Go On. She picks up the ability to discard a soulstone to cheat after everyone has cheated already.

She loses all of her normal Actions, picks up Mesmerising, an ability to look at the top card of a player's deck and discard it, an ability to jump to a revealed Decoy, and an ability to randomly pick a card from her opponent's hand. If it's a tome she has to discard, otherwise they have to discard it.

For triggers she has Surge, Trigger Happy, Reflect Magic, and the ability to cast Bedazzle as a follow-up without discarding a soulstone.

For Spells she keeps Magician's Duel, picks up Sublime Performance, Bedazzle which forces a model to cheat randomly, and a spell that lets her look at the top 3 cards of an opponent's deck and top 3 of their discard pile, discard half of them and put the other half on top of their deck.

The number of new sculpts is the number to which you would count before lobbing the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch. Thou shalt not count any other numbers.

Wow. I'm not looking forward to seeing how expensive 5 new models for aCollette will be. But hey, seems pretty cool.

ahem: "...then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe..."

ahem: "...then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe..."

..."who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

Good times

Just got a bit more info from the con. Her two manifest requirements:

Use Illusionist 3 times

Kill an enemy model with Magician's Duel

That... Is fairly astounding, actually. It looks like we'll be getting her out as quickly as we want.

One question, though: do you only get the decoys when Collette goes all Avatar-y or do they respawn?

The manifest requirements worry me a little. They seem... too easy. The difficulty of manifestation is supposed to be part of the balance of the avatars. Almost nothing your opponent can do to stop you from making the change second turn probably means a relatively weak avatar...

Though I can't imagine six actions for Colette being a bad thing.

Killing a model with Magicians Duel is harder then you think. It is low damage output you have to be within 3 inches of an enemy and early-game you are using most of your one actions making soulstones. So you have to have your enemy come to you with something that is not that good if you want to get the kill. For me most of my magician dual kills are done with doves and that doesn't count.

Still waiting for her normal gun attack mask trigger what is it.

Killing a model with Magicians Duel is harder then you think. It is low damage output you have to be within 3 inches of an enemy and early-game you are using most of your one actions making soulstones. So you have to have your enemy come to you with something that is not that good if you want to get the kill. For me most of my magician dual kills are done with doves and that doesn't count.

See, I have exactly the opposite problem. Collette typically winds up killing my enemies after Cassie and/or the Duet weakens them. And in my area, doves are treated as a priority target, don't ask me why.

if illusionist three times is a 1 requirement, the colette player could use it three times, and the discard cards for a soulstone one once on the first turn, second turn discard cards, maybe summon a dove, reactivate, use (all) turn into avatar form. Yeah. she's gonne be hard to get out =p

if illusionist three times is a 1 requirement, the colette player could use it three times, and the discard cards for a soulstone one once on the first turn, second turn discard cards, maybe summon a dove, reactivate, use (all) turn into avatar form. Yeah. she's gonne be hard to get out =p

Two things:

1: Summoning a Dove is an (0), as is gaining Reactivate. So that's out.

2: Doves will be removed from game when Collette transforms anyways. ;)

See, I have exactly the opposite problem. Collette typically winds up killing my enemies after Cassie and/or the Duet weakens them. And in my area, doves are treated as a priority target, don't ask me why.

This.

Also, it's not a problem. If the duet kills a model, you have a dead model. If Colette kills the same model, you get a soulstone.

Boy do people hate my doves...