Rising Powers Primer - Henchmen

EricJ

So after hearing all the good news about henchmen and the new masters, I'm gonna half to sell some organs to get it all. I already own 3/4 of the first wave of models, and now this. COME ON!!!!!!! Na, I have two kidneys and two lungs, and you only need half a liver, sooooooo, I think ill be good. LOL

But for real I can't wait for this new stuff.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So after hearing all the good news about henchmen and the new masters, I'm gonna half to sell some organs to get it all. I already own 3/4 of the first wave of models, and now this. COME ON!!!!!!! Na, I have two kidneys and two lungs, and you only need half a liver, sooooooo, I think ill be good. LOL

But for real I can't wait for this new stuff.

Sell one lung, and one kidney lol it's why god gave you two of each. Also! you have two ears, eyes, [[note eyepatches look bad ass]] and alot of fingers you can sell too ^.^

From the description will Leveticus be able to hire any of the henchmen? Only Molly sounds like she would meet his requirements.

Maybe we'll get lucky and one of them will be a construct henchman too haha.Cyborg Freikorps?

Edit: Neverborn henchmen may be constructs actually, due to being dolls and all....

That's the goal at least, and one of keystones with our goal of expanding Malifaux by giving players MORE options, not just giving players a new book of better options.

Awesome. I was hoping we'd get more options. Don't get me wrong, I love getting new masters, but I'd rather have a bunch of models to choose from for my crew than having a whole new one.

And yeah, as long as these new masters and models are balanced and not overpowering the original masters, so much the better. It's that scheme that makes Malifaux a fun game to play.

Ok so....the Henchmen can be played instead of a Master and can be effective...

My question is if I play the Gremlin Kin Special Force as a stand alone crew do I have as good a chance as someone playing a crew with a Master? Or will the 'masterless' crew be seeing a regularly scheduled beating from a 'normal' crew?

I cant wait for Ophelia and her pals. I love the creature design of the gremlins but really dont like the hillbilly motif....so the gunslinger gremlins are outstanding for me. I hope you guys eventually do more gremlins in other motifs.

Either way i will be picking them up...along with the Kirai crew, and all the Worldworks sets.

My question is if I play the Gremlin Kin Special Force as a stand alone crew do I have as good a chance as someone playing a crew with a Master?

From what they've said yes you will.

If a henchmen leading a spec force crew is inferior to a "normal" crew then it's not really much of an option, and every post from someone who knows what's in the new book says that they want to add options to the game. A inherently inferior crew would not be much of an option.

From what they've said yes you will.

If a henchmen leading a spec force crew is inferior to a "normal" crew then it's not really much of an option, and every post from someone who knows what's in the new book says that they want to add options to the game. A inherently inferior crew would not be much of an option.

I'd assume it would be close, yes. Although them not being "masters" may result in a lower soulstone cap or some sort of hinderance in return for more elite crew members. I'm not part of the beta at all, just speculation...I figure there must be a difference b/w running a Henchman crew and a Master crew

So is there a master we haven't seen yet for the outcasts? Looks like the other factions are getting Henchmen and new masters. So since Ophelia is a henchman... henchwoman... henchgremlin... whatever... is there another master on the horizon? Maybe there was one already and I didn't catch it.

So is there a master we haven't seen yet for the outcasts? Looks like the other factions are getting Henchmen and new masters. So since Ophelia is a henchman... henchwoman... henchgremlin... whatever... is there another master on the horizon? Maybe there was one already and I didn't catch it.

Apparently there's been a growth in Hamelins influence..

http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13910

Molly!!! Excuse my while I squee like a school girl! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Thank you so much. I guess lighting* an eternal flame for her worked.

*Ok, technically it was painting an eternal flame as it is one of my corpse counters, but the intent is the same.

You can have her as long as you clean up after her, for a dead girl she has a lot of blood

Can someone from the beta give their opinion of the Henchmen? I don't need any NDA kind of info, it just seems like the Gremlins are awesomely original, the Neverborn seem ok but are kind of vague, and the last 4 just read, Elite Forces (which I know that is what they are, but there does not really seem to be a good spin to it). I think all the masters seem to be really cool and have their own flavor, so I was sort of hoping that the Henchmen are like that too. So can anyone in the know tell me if they think the henchmen are unique and flavorful or not?

Can someone from the beta give their opinion of the Henchmen? I don't need any NDA kind of info, it just seems like the Gremlins are awesomely original, the Neverborn seem ok but are kind of vague, and the last 4 just read, Elite Forces (which I know that is what they are, but there does not really seem to be a good spin to it). I think all the masters seem to be really cool and have their own flavor, so I was sort of hoping that the Henchmen are like that too. So can anyone in the know tell me if they think the henchmen are unique and flavorful or not?

I think it's a safe bet that whatever Wyrd releases will be fairly unique and flavorful. Add in a bunch of beta testers to cry foul if they don't, and you're in safe territory :)

It's safe to say that the Henchmen are unique and flavorful.

But then I have a biased opinion. They certainly add a lot of neat options to consider when building crews. They sort of increase the crew building options by an order of magnitude I guess.

Amen to that! Henchmen really bring something special.