May releases?

shekbo

Thought I saw a while back that someone had posted May releases, but I kind of lost the thread and forgot what they were, i was too busy getting excited about the doppelganger.

So um. If someone wants to give me a heads up on what the May releases were supposed to be, that'd be cool.

Fingers crossed for crooked men. Ressers need some RANGE.

PS: I accidentally posted this in rules discussions before. Sorry about that.

Thought I saw a while back that someone had posted May releases, but I kind of lost the thread and forgot what they were, i was too busy getting excited about the doppelganger.

So um. If someone wants to give me a heads up on what the May releases were supposed to be, that'd be cool.

Fingers crossed for crooked men. Ressers need some RANGE.

PS: I accidentally posted this in rules discussions before. Sorry about that.

The Ressers aren't going to get any real ranged combat help any time soon. If you skim through the rulebook, there are pretty much zero real ranged weapons in the Ressers section. Maybe something will come in book two at fall this year, maybe not.

The May releases are here. No pictures or anything fancy yet though.

I meant crooked men. They're ranged enough for me. Basically, if something has a ranged attack, it's better than what I've got. Right now, what I've got is betty, Mortimer and the punk zombies' emo attack. I really need something that I can actually summon and use fairly reliably, and crookeds seem to fit the bill. So, yay!

(who's jack daw?)

We might slide some others in May but we'll see - at the moment this is the list for the coming months that has already been sculpted, cast and for the most part, already in the hands of painters.

MAY

• WYR2011 - Jack Daw
  • WYR2017 - Crooked Men (3 pack)
  • WYR4019 - Waldgiest (2 pack)

this text added to meet length restriction

Jack Daw is the gentleman on the front of the rulebook.

Thought that was one of those hanged men... anyway is JAck DAw in the rulebook, with stats and all? I Can't seem to find an entry .... (maybe it's just late, and I am looking at a different rulebook for a different company hehe)

Thought that was one of those hanged men... anyway is JAck DAw in the rulebook, with stats and all? I Can't seem to find an entry .... (maybe it's just late, and I am looking at a different rulebook for a different company hehe)

If I understand correctly, Jack Daw will just be another Hanged sculpt.

Not saying there's anything wrong with that though

If I understand correctly, Jack Daw will just be another Hanged sculpt.

Not saying there's anything wrong with that though

Sure he will. In the same way that Pandora's AVATAR form is just another Pandora sculpt. I guess we'll find out if he's called "Hanged" or "Jack Daw," and if a card comes with.

Either way I'm keeping my fingers crossed for both to eventually have new stats.

Jack Daw is a unique - essentially the 'first' Hanged. We're releasing him out of rotation but his stats will be in book 2.

Aww man, I though my wallet was going to get a break. Silly Levi being able to use all this undead.

But I'll likely wait on rules since I an broke for the next 18-22 years.

Can't wait for the Crooked Men, then my Ressers will finally be complete! Mwahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Will Wyrd be previewing Jack Daw's card since he ain't in the book? I'll probably buy him anyway but it'd be nice to know what he does before clicking the order button. I assume Resser uber-hanged but hopefully Wyrd will throw us a curve with this one :D

You are correct but Jack Daw is a Hanged Man.

He has no entry in the rulebook so I'm curious as to what he will be like. At worse he is the coolest looking Hanged. (In my opinion) A picture of the model can be found in the 2010 Catalogue

How do you get a copy of the catalogue?

I got it when I placed my order for canine remains last month. LGS' may have them.

Of course we could ask Nathan or Eric to post the pic given they have already released a picture of the sculpt....?:angel:

It does like pretty spot on to the picture on the front of the rulebook though.

Jack Daw was said to be a unique Hanged, which implies a set of rules that would be similar to those of the Hanged.

IMO it would be very strange of him to be in any faction other than the Ressers.

My own guess is that Jack Daw will be a Henchman. I was initially thinking maybe a Master but Twitter* says the new Resser master is a 'she'. Also Nathan referred to Jack Daw as "a unique", implying that he has the 'unique' characteristic (ie. not a Master).

The Henchman guess is a bit of a shot in the dark, but I figure that a unique version of an existing model would need to have some sort of fundamental twist to it's rules, while keeping the general playstyle of the existing model. Given what little we know, making him a Henchman seems like a logical fit.

*Side note: The language used in the twitter post seems to imply that the Ressurectionists will only get one new master. Hmm...