Jedza, Everlasting and The Kurgan

So today we got the reveal of Jedza's Title long with a new Seeker/Swampfiend enforcer : The Kurgan!

First impression : Jedza seems to be more aggressive in that version.
She has irreducible damage, with a trigger to add more damage to that.
Dredge up can be great to move a marker and attack from a distance. Especially if you move a moorwraith or The Kurgan (see its bonus action) to engage someone.

Off The path seems great to move models & cycle cards.

The bonus action to summon either a geode, or a moorwraith (with 5 :crow)

It seems overhealing allies to gain life token will be important to her. Since the tokens are now used to fuel additional damage & summoning moorwraiths (and when at max life token of 3, do a AoE heal with surplus of life)

The model itself, looks like a really ominous version of the previous model, other than that, same clothes & so on.

Now for the Kurgan.
Kinda love the Highlander reference, even if it might be random aside from the fact that this thing is probably immortal.

EDIT : the name actually makes quite some sense, as it is a tumulus built over a grave : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurgan

Looks like a pretty sturdy model, that has a lot of ways to reposition allies & ennemies as well (but more things apply to friendlies)

The TN 14Mv on the Shifted trigger of the bonus action can be pretty tough to pass, and could move an ennemy model in a really bad position (surrounded by your models for instance)

I really like the model too. Looks like a swamp version of moorwraiths, which I cannot dislike

M3E_Card_Jedza_5119.thumb.jpg.e8f2fd03b16047c8d1de4024728e77e8.jpgM3E_Card_TheKurgan_2929.thumb.jpg.47eb000251cbcbb73c129ae299d195cd.jpg

What are you thoughts on this?

PS : For those you don't know/don't remember the Kurgan from highlander :

Highlander clip

Kurgan is also a mound. ^^

This Jedza could be... brutal. I assume Jedza did a set up to have 3 life tokens.

She attacks, discard two to do irreductible 4/5/6 damages (Hinamatsu won't like).

she could use Off the path to gain another life token with :ram (maybe two if a full life model heals).

And hop death touch again.

4/5/6 again. ^^

I like this Jedza with some caveats.  I like that she can do some direct damage to her opponents and the summon / dredge / etc piece sounds very fun and effective.  I also like that it seems that 'crowd around me to stack chronicles' isn't as needed with this version.... but she gets these changes in exchange for weakening her core chronicle mechanic.  Ancient bones is nice, but staggered isn't going to really scare certain opposing crews the way turning heals into damage did in OG, and I feel like I'll spend more time trying to generate life tokens .... which makes me feel like she could play a bit like a condition master, where a portion of every round is 'punching yourself' to generate a few resources.  Obvs with a max 3, it's not a lot of work to stay topped off, but it is something to note.

Overall pretty happy, and I think it'll take me a bit of time to realize that jedza 'probably should charge that guy' and punch, as I'm so used to playing her as a support piece.

Rejoice! This version of Jedza hard confirms that the wording of the Chronicle FAQ (section 5, number 13) that disallows "would heal" effects on full health models is incorrect. Good news for anyone worried about bad rulings on alt Kirai and original Jedza.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Jinn said:

Rejoice! This version of Jedza hard confirms that the wording of the Chronicle FAQ (section 5, number 13) that disallows "would heal" effects on full health models is incorrect. Good news for anyone worried about bad rulings on alt Kirai and original Jedza.

Why? The wording here doesn't contradict the FAQ imo.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Jinn said:

Not sure what you mean. Chronicles doesn't happen if a model heals at full because it doesn't actually heal. It needs to say "would heal" like Inevitability of Death Curse of the Dancing Forest, or Court Kirai's Anchor to Reality.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SEV said:

Why? The wording here doesn't contradict the FAQ imo.

The FAQ incorrectly quotes Chronicle abilities as triggering when models "would Heal" rather than what they actually say which is "After another model within :aura6 Heals". As the FAQ denies that Chronicle abilities trigger on full health targets due to the fact that they say "would Heal" (incorrectly) this could have been a problem. 

*Chronicle(X)– If a model that has full Health Heals, does it trigger the Chronicle Abilities of models around it?*

a) No. Chronicle Abilities only resolve when a model “would Heal” because the model already has full Health and any additional Healing is ignored (see Healing Pg 25) making the Healing entirely ignored which is not considered Healing as its Health is not increased.

With how the FAQ entry is written there would have been a decent argument that Wyrd considered those wordings basically identical, and regardless of the misquoting of Chronicle they refer to "would Heal" effects quite clearly when disallowing triggering at full health. I think many people (including myself) would have argued that it was a mistake, but it is nice to have a hard ruling to fall back on.

1 hour ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Huh, jedza has a typo and her geode markers are not destructible. Given all markers of the same name have the same rules, this seems like an error (and very broken if not an error xD)

It has to be an error, it would be a hassle to track 2 different types of markers with the same name but not the same rules :D

• 2 months later...
On 8/10/2021 at 12:12 AM, Jinn said:

The FAQ incorrectly quotes Chronicle abilities as triggering when models "would Heal" rather than what they actually say which is "After another model within :aura6 Heals". As the FAQ denies that Chronicle abilities trigger on full health targets due to the fact that they say "would Heal" (incorrectly) this could have been a problem. 

With how the FAQ entry is written there would have been a decent argument that Wyrd considered those wordings basically identical, and regardless of the misquoting of Chronicle they refer to "would Heal" effects quite clearly when disallowing triggering at full health. I think many people (including myself) would have argued that it was a mistake, but it is nice to have a hard ruling to fall back on.

Sorry I'm lost ! SO the final verdict is that Chronicles will not trigger if a heal effect targets a model at full health? 

59 minutes ago, Malifauxn00b said:

Sorry I'm lost ! SO the final verdict is that Chronicles will not trigger if a heal effect targets a model at full health?

According to the FAQ:

*Chronicle(X)– If a model that has full Health Heals, does it trigger the Chronicle Abilities of models around it?*

a) No. Chronicle Abilities only resolve when a model “would Heal” because the model already has full Health and any additional Healing is ignored (see Healing Pg 25) making the Healing entirely ignored which is not considered Healing as its Health is not increased.

• Thanks 1