Guild on MARCHing

belorey

I lost 7:4 to Colette as Sonnia.

T1 went well as I RJ into Cassandra from Sonnia but after that my crew started melting. Harata RJed my Rider for a total of 8 dmg which swinged the game super hard :(Then Colette hit Sonnia for 6 with the Sword trick. Even my opponent said I should have been salty :D 

Just now, trikk said:

I lost 7:4 to Colette as Sonnia.

T1 went well as I RJ into Cassandra from Sonnia but after that my crew started melting. Harata RJed my Rider for a total of 8 dmg which swinged the game super hard :(Then Colette hit Sonnia for 6 with the Sword trick. Even my opponent said I should have been salty :D 

:(

Pro tip for round 2! If you are attacker go for Basse and choose left deployment. Right deployment is just a barren wasteland so your opponent cannot hide from Jonathans Bring Its and one Dust Cloud can block entire bridge. Remember only not to take Sand Worm. Double Austringers & Pathfinders might prove very strong on this map. LYM is your go to scheme.

image.thumb.png.ab5d2810a38843b02855f73ab9b211ce.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Filox said:

Pro tip for round 2! If you are attacker go for Basse and choose left deployment. Right deployment is just a barren wasteland so your opponent cannot hide from Jonathans Bring Its and one Dust Cloud can block entire bridge. Remember only not to take Sand Worm. Double Austringers & Pathfinders might prove very strong on this map. LYM is your go to scheme.

image.thumb.png.ab5d2810a38843b02855f73ab9b211ce.png

Why no sand worm? Is it recover evidence?

13 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Y'all got your lists yet?

Yes, muy rival list:

Size: 50 - Pool: 6
Leader:
  Misaki Katanaka
Totem(s):
  Shang
Hires:
  Ototo
  Fuhatsu
  Shadow Effigy
    Effigy of Fate
  Huckster
  Huckster 2
  Tanuki

Mine:

Size: 50 - Pool: 6
Leader:
  Nellie Cochrane
    Lead-Lined Coat
Totem(s):
  The Printing Press
Hires:
  Allison Dade
  Undercover Reporter
  Guild Steward
  Peacekeeper
  Pale Rider

I'am the attacker so i must think which side is better for me or worst for him. 😂

I just played that Misaki crew after almost exclusively playing Guild since M3E start (I had some OC games). The struggle you have as Guild in this scheme pool versus the easy and forgivingness you have with this Misaki/Colette/Zipp is stunning :D 

1 hour ago, Plaag said:

he dont want to use minako which is broken and gives models better than hucksters

Dunno if Katashiros are a lot better in this scheme pool, because False Claims are good for 3/5 schemes. 

• Haha 2

Misaki 4 - 1 Nellie

2 Symbols                    1 Symbols

2 Breakthrough           0 Sabotage

0 Claim Jump              0 Claim Jump

Despliegue.thumb.jpg.3c8e2048dc005691d5acb56d31e24676.jpg

This is how we deploy and how we put the symbols.

TURN 1 (0-0)

We start doing our first movements, Misaki push Fuhatsu, and i push Peacekeeper with the Printing Press, before i activate Steward to remove the burning, he goes with Fuhatsu who moves and kills Steward in a single shoot (Critickal strike + a high card). Then i activate PK and Rider shooting him, he spend SS to prevent so he remain at 3 wound for the end of Turn 1.

895697989_Turn1.thumb.jpg.e05925992bca8710af82f9f29160d82b.jpg

TURN 2 (0-0)

We flip for initiative and he wins (my best card was a 11 so he wins initiative flip) he activates Fuhatsu, shoot Rider and deal RJ for 7 damage, discard a card for rapid fime and give another 3 damage to kill him. At this point i thought seriusly to concede the game. I have my PK with burning and neither Rider and Steward for some healing. I decided to finish the game aniway, so i move PK and charge Fuhatsu, also Nellie moves and make Ototo slow and charge Hukster for 5 damage. Misaki attacks PK but between the Armour and Shielded survives.

1158444394_Turn2.thumb.jpg.0aac927b34733325606acd69ce0f34ea.jpg

TURN 3 (2-0)

Peacekeeper kills Fuhatsu and charge Ototo, then Nellie gives him Slow and ping more damage for all the markers, the HtK saves Ototo 2 times. He heals 4 because of Juggernaut and more with Tanuki. Misaki charge to Printing Press but it survives. The Hukster with one wound pick the Symbol and the other one makes Breakthroug.

860626457_Turn3.thumb.jpg.072ea5b40662c7ddbd70fec180545ff9.jpg

TURN 4 (2-1)

Field Reporter unbury withing the Tanuki and get a Symbol. PeaceKeeper has slow, but with his Flurry let Ototo with one wound, it was an enemy scheme behing him and in the turn 3 I pushed Ototo a bit but we finally decided the PK cannot see it (it was very close to) so at that point Ototo heals 4 with juggernaut + other 1 between Tanuki and Shang. The Emissary Charge and kills PK and Misaki still trying to kill Printting Press but he survives and discard a card to heal 1.

1991166964_Turn4.thumb.jpg.172cb071183790f9c3fb355de333795a.jpg

TURN 5 (4-1)

He wins the initiative so i cannot score the second symbol with Reporter, so i try to get a scheme from Tanuki to let Reporter do his bonus action but Emissary hide that scheme and Ototo get the symbol Nellie was protecting. If i won the initiative the game would probably finish 3-2 but, you know, bad things happen. 😂

1528368260_Turno5.thumb.jpg.d7ce2f6c83dd81904fdfa1ccf9e88d1c.jpg

CONCLUSIONS

If i should activate Steward before Fuhatsu (i was going to move behing the building and remove the burning from PK) the game should be completely differente. The way he killed my Rider in the first activation of T2 was hard too. But i'm pretty happy that without those 2 models i keep in the game and i didn´t lost very hard.  

• Like 7

4 hours ago, belorey said:

Misaki 4 - 1 Nellie

2 Symbols                    1 Symbols

2 Breakthrough           0 Sabotage

0 Claim Jump              0 Claim Jump

Despliegue.thumb.jpg.3c8e2048dc005691d5acb56d31e24676.jpg

This is how we deploy and how we put the symbols.

TURN 1 (0-0)

We start doing our first movements, Misaki push Fuhatsu, and i push Peacekeeper with the Printing Press, before i activate Steward to remove the burning, he goes with Fuhatsu who moves and kills Steward in a single shoot (Critickal strike + a high card). Then i activate PK and Rider shooting him, he spend SS to prevent so he remain at 3 wound for the end of Turn 1.

895697989_Turn1.thumb.jpg.e05925992bca8710af82f9f29160d82b.jpg

TURN 2 (0-0)

We flip for initiative and he wins (my best card was a 11 so he wins initiative flip) he activates Fuhatsu, shoot Rider and deal RJ for 7 damage, discard a card for rapid fime and give another 3 damage to kill him. At this point i thought seriusly to concede the game. I have my PK with burning and neither Rider and Steward for some healing. I decided to finish the game aniway, so i move PK and charge Fuhatsu, also Nellie moves and make Ototo slow and charge Hukster for 5 damage. Misaki attacks PK but between the Armour and Shielded survives.

1158444394_Turn2.thumb.jpg.0aac927b34733325606acd69ce0f34ea.jpg

TURN 3 (2-0)

Peacekeeper kills Fuhatsu and charge Ototo, then Nellie gives him Slow and ping more damage for all the markers, the HtK saves Ototo 2 times. He heals 4 because of Juggernaut and more with Tanuki. Misaki charge to Printing Press but it survives. The Hukster with one wound pick the Symbol and the other one makes Breakthroug.

860626457_Turn3.thumb.jpg.072ea5b40662c7ddbd70fec180545ff9.jpg

TURN 4 (2-1)

Field Reporter unbury withing the Tanuki and get a Symbol. PeaceKeeper has slow, but with his Flurry let Ototo with one wound, it was an enemy scheme behing him and in the turn 3 I pushed Ototo a bit but we finally decided the PK cannot see it (it was very close to) so at that point Ototo heals 4 with juggernaut + other 1 between Tanuki and Shang. The Emissary Charge and kills PK and Misaki still trying to kill Printting Press but he survives and discard a card to heal 1.

1991166964_Turn4.thumb.jpg.172cb071183790f9c3fb355de333795a.jpg

TURN 5 (4-1)

He wins the initiative so i cannot score the second symbol with Reporter, so i try to get a scheme from Tanuki to let Reporter do his bonus action but Emissary hide that scheme and Ototo get the symbol Nellie was protecting. If i won the initiative the game would probably finish 3-2 but, you know, bad things happen. 😂

1528368260_Turno5.thumb.jpg.d7ce2f6c83dd81904fdfa1ccf9e88d1c.jpg

CONCLUSIONS

If i should activate Steward before Fuhatsu (i was going to move behing the building and remove the burning from PK) the game should be completely differente. The way he killed my Rider in the first activation of T2 was hard too. But i'm pretty happy that without those 2 models i keep in the game and i didn´t lost very hard.  

I think you fell into a bit of a trap with symbol placement; against Hucksters you need them to be in open spaces instead of the usual wisdom of "blocking" access near terrain. I DO like your "forward" symbol with Nellie guarding it; if you had been able to remove Fuhatsu that might have been very strong!

3 hours ago, Yore Huckleberry said:

I think you fell into a bit of a trap with symbol placement; against Hucksters you need them to be in open spaces instead of the usual wisdom of "blocking" access near terrain. I DO like your "forward" symbol with Nellie guarding it; if you had been able to remove Fuhatsu that might have been very strong!

Yeah the problem was my poor deployment of Steward, if i put it behing the house then i would kill the Huskter on top left with Rider on T2 or at least protect that symbol with the Rider (was my first option). But when he killed the Rider at first activation of T2 with Fuhatsu... i'll try to do better next time. 😅

4 hours ago, Yore Huckleberry said:

It's easier to telerport but if you put Press next to the Symbol, they can't pick it up so I think that was the intention

6 minutes ago, trikk said:

It's easier to telerport but if you put Press next to the Symbol, they can't pick it up so I think that was the intention

Yeah and works. I cancelled 3 symbols with Press, Allison and Nellie. The fourth one i want It to defend with Rider killing the Huckster (The one with 1 wound after Nellie "obey" Ototo to charge Huckster). But 10T has Fuhatsu and his insane killing abilitie. 😢

36 minutes ago, belorey said:

Yeah and works. I cancelled 3 symbols with Press, Allison and Nellie. The fourth one i want It to defend with Rider killing the Huckster (The one with 1 wound after Nellie "obey" Ototo to charge Huckster). But 10T has Fuhatsu and his insane killing abilitie. 😢

Well, mine hit your PK for 7 :D

But my Melissa KORE in her first game in 3 turns had 2 RJ damage flips, 1 moderate on double neg, 1 moderate on single neg) so I guess it's those damn Gatling Guns 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, trikk said:

Well, mine hit your PK for 7 :D

But my Melissa KORE in her first game in 3 turns had 2 RJ damage flips, 1 moderate on double neg, 1 moderate on single neg) so I guess it's those damn Gatling Guns 

It's definitely the gattling guns. I had Mel hit moderate on double neg a few games back to drop a Jorogumo end of a round, and it probably swung the game by 3 points.

9 hours ago, Yore Huckleberry said:

It's definitely the gattling guns. I had Mel hit moderate on double neg a few games back to drop a Jorogumo end of a round, and it probably swung the game by 3 points.

From memory, you actually have a ~20% chance to hit moderate on double negatives, so you're going to see it a lot in any given game.

15 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

From memory, you actually have a ~20% chance to hit moderate on double negatives, so you're going to see it a lot in any given game.

The other reality that people forget is that when a player chooses to take attacks (say; into hard to wound or without focus) that flip negative, the player knows what’s in their own hand and discard pile and whether they’ve seen their red joker. It’s never happening on the base odds of a 54-card deck’s ratios of weak to moderate to severe.

Sonnia 1 (defender) vs Leveticus 6 (attacker)

Sonnia LLC, Purifying Flame, Samael, 2 Spelleater, Pale Rider LLC, Guild Steward, 6ss

Levitius Servant of Dark Powers, 2 Hollow Waif, Ashes and Dust, 2 Necropunk, Scavenger, 2 Prospector, Hodgepodge Emissary, 1ss

Deployment:

Untitled.thumb.png.41b18a82703fd2e25c3466cc849ecb68.png

Turn 1: Leveticus pushed towards the symbol at the start. His backline did things gaining ss, cycling for cards and things. Flame gave Sonnia burning +2, Pale rider carried her forward, spelleater charged to turn burning into focus. Made a mistake with samael not double walking, was waiting for the necropunk to come out. Sonnia hit the hodgepodge and blasted onto ashes and dust.
Aside: I thought I could see over the rocks, but necropunks being h1 meant I couldn't see him and essentially removed him from the game.

Untitled2.thumb.png.6813e4894b582545f9ae985ac9dc556e.png

Turn 2: Pale Rider activated dragging Sonnia out of combat and hitting Ashes and Dust with RJ, then again to turn it into it's components. Hodgepodge activated before I could kill it just leaving LOS in an atttempt the others could remove it's burning. I activated bottom right spelleater to stop the necropunk getting the symbol. Leveticus went and destroyed Pale Rider in his activation. Sonnia placed her aura, and hit both the core and Leveticus for a bunch of damage and burning. Purifying Flame got in the way of the Ashes and Dust reforming. So the Necropunk and Dust Storm succeeded in killing the Spelleater to enable a symbol gain next turn. Due to my misplay Samael couldn't even get a single symbol. End of the turn Leveticus and Ashen Core died to burning.

Untitled3.thumb.png.431a2c0ccabc25de157ddedf1dec7407.png

Turn 3: I won initiative, and Sonnia removed the Surveyor and Hodgepodge Emissary, leaving the Prospector on 1 and burning 4. His necropunk activated picking a symbol and dropping a scheme marker. Not sure what my activation was here, steward maybe to prevent sabotage/breakthrough with the necropunk (which was a mistake, should have just done samael). The other prospector engaged Samael, who failed to kill it in his activation, and the flame had to help out. Spelleater 2 came forward to protect Sonnia, and Leveticus came forward and destroyed it in 1 turn denying me Claim Jump with it.

Untitled4.thumb.png.a0f43ecc75f4d0f8dc212ded3c142efe.png

Turn 4: Sonnia completely whiffed this activation. Ashes and Dust ran forward to rengage Samael, and then Leveticus smashed out another 10 irreducable to Sonnia where I called the game because I could no longer stop him from scoring.

End of game, I got the 1 symbol with flame. He got 3 symbols, both points on breakthough, end of assassinate.

I know I made a few mistakes, and until Sonnia died I felt like I could have brought it back to a close draw maybe..... but it was a fun match, and I don't feel too bad about it. I really need help with Samael, as I just don't understand how to use him properly. I would have much preferred a watchling handler or thrall. To walk through and actually pressure the game somewhat. Inconveniently he spread out a lot to reduce the blasts, and the things with burning kept dying so I didn't get much benefit from Sonnia's Smothering flame to slow down leaps and stuff.