Issues with Malifaux stocks

trikk

So since Malifaux is rising from the ashes in Poland, we slowly have an influx of new/returning players, but the biggest issues in growing the community right now is not the pandemic but the fact that most stores can't get miniatures in stock. I started buying from UK stores (firestormgames) but I think most PL stores can't get any  new boxes past march releases. I don't know how the distribution chain works but since they can get decently fast to the UK I assume it's not a overseas transport issue :(

I don't know if there is any solution to the problem  but AFAIK it affects most of the European Union and it really bugs me. A lot of stores are on the brink of dropping Malifaux because of that :(  

28 minutes ago, Nathan Caroland said:

Who are they bringing their product in from? That would likely be the place to start with. 

Otherwise, we've got stock, no reason for us to be sitting on it. 

AFAIK it was Hall of the Phoenix and now it's either some french one or Simple Miniatures?

Welp, that would explain it then. 

Hall of Phoenix had some serious shipping issues that unfortunately hit them rather hard and had them holding off for some time for various reasons. 

There is no French one to my knowledge.

Simple, or Wayland, both in the UK, bring in significant stock, on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. If they use either of them, there shouldn't be issue in the least. If there is, have them reach out to us and we'll happily reach out to either of the others and get things sorted. 

40 minutes ago, Nathan Caroland said:

Welp, that would explain it then. 

Hall of Phoenix had some serious shipping issues that unfortunately hit them rather hard and had them holding off for some time for various reasons. 

There is no French one to my knowledge.

Simple, or Wayland, both in the UK, bring in significant stock, on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. If they use either of them, there shouldn't be issue in the least. If there is, have them reach out to us and we'll happily reach out to either of the others and get things sorted. 

Somewhat related, but has there been any discussion with the Canadian distributors? I believe it was Lion Rampant last time I knew. Thanks.

No, but there are several stores which are carrying product directly ore are still sourcing and I would suggest you give them your business. 

Industrial Park Games, Wizard's Loft, BD Cosmos, The Garage Games and Geekery and about a dozen others that if asked I'm sure would put orders in as they have accounts. 

7 hours ago, Nathan Caroland said:

No, but there are several stores which are carrying product directly ore are still sourcing and I would suggest you give them your business. 

Industrial Park Games, Wizard's Loft, BD Cosmos, The Garage Games and Geekery and about a dozen others that if asked I'm sure would put orders in as they have accounts. 

Anything in Ontario? Would prefer to help the local stores in the area, but can't get their hands on product for individual orders, let alone putting on the shelf. Who is the current Canadian distributor, so I can let them know who to start talking to?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2020 at 9:45 PM, farmoar said:

Anything in Ontario? Would prefer to help the local stores in the area, but can't get their hands on product for individual orders, let alone putting on the shelf. Who is the current Canadian distributor, so I can let them know who to start talking to?

My LGS got tired of waiting, sad to say.  I popped in yesterday to find they had found someone to unload all their Malifaux stock for them.  The space has now been given over to Marvel Crisis Protocol and D&D minis.  😦

7 hours ago, Clockwork_Fish said:

My LGS got tired of waiting, sad to say.  I popped in yesterday to find they had found someone to unload all their Malifaux stock for them.  The space has now been given over to Marvel Crisis Protocol and D&D minis.  😦

That is a real shame. sorry to hear it :( 

On 9/13/2020 at 1:16 PM, Beta said:

Germany is not better in this regard. Ordered McCabe and his additional box 8 weeks ago at one of the biggest german online stores. They have no clue when they will be able to deliver...

That particular retailer is highly unreliable for any game that is not from GW, FFG or CB and that is not marked as being in stock. I try to order only things that are set for immediate delivery there, because otherwise it might take more than half a year. For example I just canceled an order for ASoIaF which was pending since may.

If you want to stick to german retailers I highly recommend Miniaturicum.de or if that isn't an issue https://www.waylandgames.co.uk/ - Their fulfillment is much more reliable.

32 minutes ago, Commoner1 said:

or if that isn't an issue https://www.waylandgames.co.uk/ - Their fulfillment is much more reliable.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

What a time to be alive, when Wayland is considered one of the reliable stores (to be fair they have been much, much better in the last 12 months or so, but they used to be particularly awful!)!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, theamazingmrg said:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

What a time to be alive, when Wayland is considered one of the reliable stores (to be fair they have been much, much better in the last 12 months or so, but they used to be particularly awful!)!

I know, but they have gotten MUCH better and the retailer we referenced is much worse.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Commoner1 said:

I know, but they have gotten MUCH better and the retailer we referenced is much worse.

I don't know if we are talking about the same retailer, but this is the first time I have such trouble with them. The only time I've had trouble with them before was not their fault.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Grauenacht said:

Somewhat related, but is there any chance for me to buy the Hinamatsu model, I have been waiting for the model to be in stock and I check several German/ UK webshops, but nothing?

This is not an answer, but from experience as a customer,  Wyrd seem to typically do a big print run of models, and then let it sell. This means that some times the stock of a run will sell out before the next print run of a model happens. I have no idea on the regularity of the print runs (I imagine it changes for item to item anyway). 

My guess with Hinamatsu is that it is in this place. There may well be stock with individual stores still, but Wyrd and the large distributers may be out. I imagine that a lot of the Wyrd production time recently has been used to make Explorers Society boxes, ready for their launch, so I don't know when they will get restocked. 

3 hours ago, Grauenacht said:

Somewhat related, but is there any chance for me to buy the Hinamatsu model, I have been waiting for the model to be in stock and I check several German/ UK webshops, but nothing?

How do you feel about ordering from Sweden? Alphaspel have two in stock:

https://alphaspel.se/963-neverborn/