Waldo's Weekly - Lucky Star

MattM

Red and Black...

will he be able to do bonus shares? Or an action that list a model by name or attaching upgrade? Summoning?
The last point may seem stupid but it can allow to have models to kill for public enemies... or reach the limitation of summoning upgrades.

44 minutes ago, Stonewall78 said:

I find the wording on "Don't Mind Me" awkward.

It's missing an "if".

1 hour ago, Pallas4 said:

Red and Black...

will he be able to do bonus shares? Or an action that list a model by name or attaching upgrade? Summoning?
The last point may seem stupid but it can allow to have models to kill for public enemies... or reach the limitation of summoning upgrades.

It's better just to fail the summoning, so the summoner can't summon that turn (since it's one per turn) :P 

1 hour ago, blueskies_overhead said:

Is it just me, or does this guy seem a bit overpowered? Maybe should be 9 points or more?

Seems definitely over the top for 8ss, but I think we should wait until we see the whole keyword.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, ShinChan said:

It's better just to fail the summoning, so the summoner can't summon that turn (since it's one per turn) :P 

TRUE.

^^

In the Parisian Discord, someone said 100% of explorers lists, even out of keyword.

This dude looks incredibly powerful.  Considerably more potent than any other 8-stone models I know of.

Taking damage to add any suit you like is a good trade off, but when combined with Luck Thief and Winston's high defensive stats, it's likely that he's going to be gaining that health back at a reasonable rate.

Fortune's Favor would be potent if it just let you look at, discard and replace the top 4 cards as you choose for 1AP and no target number.  But add the option for free movement on top of that...

Basically, my 2 scrip is that Winston doesn't seem to have any down-sides to him and would probably be an auto-include in any Explorer's Society crew, even OOK.
I like the fluff and the character design is awesome, but currently Winston Finnigan feels unbalanced compared to everything else in 3rd Ed.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...