The Malifaux vassal world cup

dannydb

well the semi finals are done and we have our finalists!

Congrats to Team Russia 1 and Emma op for making it through to the final!!!!!!

commiserations to The Northern Moose Infantry and The Flippin Wyrds, however a bronze medal is still up for grabs!

thanks to everyone who took part and best of look in the final round of games 

1301657789_VWCpathtoPodium.png.d01e0081b41a0a75712f2826fb99c46a.pngC7B4452F-29DF-4742-A6DD-69E6BD54A735.thumb.png.3d42e9001d5ef0ca77c3583fe7d13b45.png

Would be nice if the people in the finals stream their games. Otherwise, it could be good to keep everyone here updated with the pairings, masters and crews :P

Also, for everybody else, I've been collecting a bunch of information about all the games played. If you guys could share your list, send me message and I'll collect all the info.

You can check some of the stats I've pulled from this thread here:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ShinChan said:

Would be nice if the people in the finals stream their games. Otherwise, it could be good to keep everyone here updated with the pairings, masters and crews :P

Also, for everybody else, I've been collecting a bunch of information about all the games played. If you guys could share your list, send me message and I'll collect all the info.

You can check some of the stats I've pulled from this thread here:

great job done, thanks a lot!

• 2 weeks later...

So I've been asked on a Ruling for if a Stitched together is a hidden martyr and Dies to it losing a Gamble your life action would that score hidden martyrs 

Gamble your life states "If the action fails This model suffers the effects as though the defending model was taking this action"

I would interpret death as an effect of the action, and the model dying to an enemy does trigger the first point of hidden martyrs 

therefore if a stitched dies to its own gamble your life, it would score hidden martyrs (in the same way the defending model would get bounty points in public enemies)

1 hour ago, dannydb said:

So I've been asked on a Ruling for if a Stitched together is a hidden martyr and Dies to it losing a Gamble your life action would that score hidden martyrs 

Gamble your life states "If the action fails This model suffers the effects as though the defending model was taking this action"

I would interpret death as an effect of the action, and the model dying to an enemy does trigger the first point of hidden martyrs 

therefore if a stitched dies to its own gamble your life, it would score hidden martyrs (in the same way the defending model would get bounty points in public enemies)

and what if stitched fails action against insignificant model and dies-martyrs would be revealed or not?

14 hours ago, dannydb said:

Insignificant models don't count towards strats and schemes and so wouldn't trigger hidden martyrs in this way 

Are you sure? So I can deny a martyrs point from my oponent by finishing his model with a daydream... That doesn't seem the intent of the rule on insignificant models, but Malifaux rules can be strange sometime...

Okay, thats all folks!

So glad we had the chance to know such a wonderfull bunch of people. All of you are a pleasure to play with and a great sport. What a great games!

And Emma is indeed OP. 😃

Plaag (Colette) - Ollie (Shenlong)

7-6

NotSoEmpty (Yan Lo) - Radek (Mah Tucket)

1-7

Legislat (Dashel) - Emma (Dreamer)

7-6

Video recording will be provided later by @Verdeloth. Thanks a bunch to him!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...

hi all sorry for the delay in sorting out the finals, worked 50hrs on average on last two weeks

final!.thumb.png.f962ffcedda45019281c7e6e13e7d070.png

after 12 weeks of hard fought faux, we have our winners! Team Russia one! 

Unfortunately for the uk hope, Emma OP? fell at final hurdle but should be proud of their second place all the same!

In third place Came Northen moose Infantry who did a great job overcoming the flipping wyrds 

and lastly shout out to Insomniakwulf AKA Reice of Too Much Infaux who scored the most points in the group stages of the event 

Vassal world cup will be back next year at some point but in addition we will have a brand new project starting next month so for those who play vassal events, or even people who are interested in trying it out watch this space

Want to give a shout out to Carl AKA Cleezy for helping to organise prize support from wyrd, Oz From Rampage Games for prize support, Anyone who has offered advice, criticisms or other stuff, including the uk meta! and thanks to Andreas Söder who has done the amazing bracket images as seen above!

but most of all thanks to all the players who took part who made this event a success, you guys have all been awesome and its been great to see all the videos!

thanks again and sorry for the delay!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, dannydb said:

hi all sorry for the delay in sorting out the finals, worked 50hrs on average on last two weeks

final!.thumb.png.f962ffcedda45019281c7e6e13e7d070.png

after 12 weeks of hard fought faux, we have our winners! Team Russia one! 

Unfortunately for the uk hope, Emma OP? fell at final hurdle but should be proud of their second place all the same!

In third place Came Northen moose Infantry who did a great job overcoming the flipping wyrds 

and lastly shout out to Insomniakwulf AKA Reice of Too Much Infaux who scored the most points in the group stages of the event 

Vassal world cup will be back next year at some point but in addition we will have a brand new project starting next month so for those who play vassal events, or even people who are interested in trying it out watch this space

Want to give a shout out to Carl AKA Cleezy for helping to organise prize support from wyrd, Oz From Rampage Games for prize support, Anyone who has offered advice, criticisms or other stuff, including the uk meta! and thanks to Andreas Söder who has done the amazing bracket images as seen above!

but most of all thanks to all the players who took part who made this event a success, you guys have all been awesome and its been great to see all the videos!

thanks again and sorry for the delay!

thanks a lot, great event) and videos mostly from russian teams) other teams need to be not so shy)