Whats your favorite Master/Keyword/Playstyle

Regelridderen

Who is your favorite  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'll be the first here to vote Dreamer, and I'm sure I won't be the last. Dreamer and chompy bits are just so iconic to the game in general, and the fluff is fantastic. In m3e the mechanics for summoning really reflect the dreamer making a victim's nighmares manifest into reality., and the kicker is that he's also a really powerful and versatile keyword so it's fun to just stomp the table with impunity

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I've only played Dreamer, but voted all the masters I'm currently considering.

Dreamer is awesome because of his beater-filled crew coupled with an interesting summoning mechanic. All the beaters have really interesting abilities as well beyond just straight attacking.

Zoraida because obey is certainly an interesting mechanic, though possibly too NPE for me to play. But now that it's been nerfed, the crew appeals. I especially like obeying my own models, so would enjoy taking her in a beater heavy crew.

I like Molly in Ressers, so Lucius seems like the most natural fit for me in Neverborn. All his shenanigans make for a great control master.

And Pandora, as she seems to have a brilliant playstyle where you have to carefully manage conditions.

God Empress Nekima brings a playstyle that is both fun for me to run consistently, and powerful in a tournament setting. Mobility is key in Malifaux, and the plethora of winged Fly with Me models and access to Butterfly Jump means that the "40-50% of the board must be terrain" gaining ground stipulation is a boon rather than a bane. Even experienced opponents are caught off guard by the speed by which nephilim can engage, or even avoid confrontation, and that's a good feeling. 

Also it's a group of tribal vampire demons and that's cool af. #Nekima4Lyfe #staydeadLilith

• Like 1

Uff, it's hard to decide... I choosed NVB for The Dreamer/Pandora in the first place. That creepy child + Nightmares/ghost theme won me.

But I like every NVB master, that's why I choosed this faction; and I'm not experienced enough to have my favourites. There are some masters and strategies I want to try yet... I think I'm going to like Lucius, Marcus and Euripides a lot when I get the chance to play them.

• Like 1

My own favorites are Dreamer and ‘dora as well. Thematically, as well as how they perform on the tabletop.

Dreamer in the way, that he is building up to become a true oppressive nightmare through Lucid Dreams. And ‘dora in how she is just depressing, as opponents get dragged into Misery and Sorrow and slowly wastes away. And of course because Teddy is a defining model for both.

On 11/3/2019 at 11:59 PM, Kharnage said:

Also it's a group of tribal vampire demons and that's cool af. #Nekima4Lyfe #staydeadLilith

Your sacrilege has been noted.  You will be first to be purged when the true queen rises again. #NotMyNephilim

Mostly Pandora now until Wyrd bring the narrative back around the Lilith's vengeance upon the neverborn.  Plus it makes me giggle when I just plant Candy in the middle of the enemy and watch them die to a small child.  Trying to figure out a way to convert a Candy into a reasonable facsimile of Tanya the Evil...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Agree 1

Pandora and the Woes. Super versatile, synergies are great, requires a high skill cap to execute but when you do it's super-oppressive. Mood Swings on a key activation can win you a game, Candy is one of the best models in NB. Overall just super good and fun.

I've been playing Zoraida since 1st ed and will continue even if she turns to trash in M5E.  I just love the swamp voodo witch  theme and grisly looking hag model. Add to that a big monster made of muck, a bunch of amphibian creatures helping her out, and some swampy tree monsters and it completes a very fun picture for for me. A powerful hag with the swamp at her command? Yes please.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Up to this point the losers are Marcus and Euripides with only 1 vote, followed by Lucius with 4 (rest are in the 7-12 range)...

Why do you think these are the least favourite? Marcus and Euripides are new NVB masters and people still needs to give them a whirl/learn how to use them well? They are underwhelming and need some love? They are fine but the other boys/gals are cooler?

I need to try these 3 yet, my collection grows slowly; but they looks legit. Lucius and Marcus are very versatile (probably the 2 more versatile one of the faction) and may create a ton of different playstiles and Euripides brings some very cool mechanics (pun intended) and powerful models.

On 11/8/2019 at 11:17 AM, Ogid said:

Up to this point the losers are Marcus and Euripides with only 1 vote, followed by Lucius with 4 (rest are in the 7-12 range)...

Why do you think these are the least favourite? Marcus and Euripides are new NVB masters and people still needs to give them a whirl/learn how to use them well? They are underwhelming and need some love? They are fine but the other boys/gals are cooler?

I need to try these 3 yet, my collection grows slowly; but they looks legit. Lucius and Marcus are very versatile (probably the 2 more versatile one of the faction) and may create a ton of different playstiles and Euripides brings some very cool mechanics (pun intended) and powerful models.

I guess Marcus and Lucius don't look very neverborndy, and Euripides being new a lot of people still have to play it.
I have dreamer and want to buy pandora, but I find all of them pretty cool

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kelsier said:

I guess Marcus and Lucius don't look very neverborndy, and Euripides being new a lot of people still have to play it.
I have dreamer and want to buy pandora, but I find all of them pretty cool

I recently listened the Third Floor Wars podcast about Marcus; good info and entertaining, but the ARC part of Marcus was pictured as the best one to play Marcus. That's something I've heard before, but i'm not 100% sold on that... maybe people is echoing those thoughts and not giving NVB Marcus a shot? Or maybe he is trying to be played as an ARC Marcus and the NVB strengh aren't being used yet?

Is there anyone with experience with Marcus in both factions that may tell us how it feels in NVB?

I see ARC Marcus has some strong points thanks to their upgrades and versatile pool; but NVB Marcus seems quite different and with his own strenghts thanks to NVB beasts and all the tricks of the faction.

16 hours ago, Ogid said:

I recently listened the Third Floor Wars podcast about Marcus; good info and entertaining, but the ARC part of Marcus was pictured as the best one to play Marcus. That's something I've heard before, but i'm not 100% sold on that... maybe people is echoing those thoughts and not giving NVB Marcus a shot? Or maybe he is trying to be played as an ARC Marcus and the NVB strengh aren't being used yet?

Is there anyone with experience with Marcus in both factions that may tell us how it feels in NVB?

I see ARC Marcus has some strong points thanks to their upgrades and versatile pool; but NVB Marcus seems quite different and with his own strenghts thanks to NVB beasts and all the tricks of the faction.

Two words: Soulstone Miners :D

• Haha 1

Miners and arcane reservoir are strong incentives to go arc.

You can get butterfly jump on two models from the mutation upgrades anyway and that seems like the tastiest upgrade in neverborn for me.

Some people also swear by soulstone-using cerberus that give each other positives when they stone for onslaught and regain one SS each if anything dies near them. 

• Agree 1

Yep that a good summary of the best that Arcanist has to offer to Marcus: Miners, magical training and arcane reservoir.

However NVB has some very cool beasts with punch and control, amazing models to throw with Cojo, a Doppleganger that get attack upgraded by mutations, all the tricks in the faction... it also seems legit.

5 minutes ago, Ogid said:

Yep that a good summary of the best that Arcanist has to offer to Marcus: Miners, magical training and arcane reservoir.

However NVB has some very cool beasts with punch and control, amazing models to throw with Cojo, a Doppleganger that get attack upgraded by mutations, all the tricks in the faction... it also seems legit.

A huge factor seems to be the beasts. Arcanists gain access to two extra beasts by declaring arcanist. Neverborn gain access to... Five. Depends on which ones are good of course, but gaining access to Rougarou and Grootslang seems huge.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

A huge factor seems to be the beasts. Arcanists gain access to two extra beasts by declaring arcanist. Neverborn gain access to... Five. Depends on which ones are good of course, but gaining access to Rougarou and Grootslang seems huge.

Rougarou are nice but not so much better than the benefit you get from arcanists to justify it.  Grootslang is nice but has the same issue.  Something interesting to test though would be a Marcus/zoraida list as i think those two could do some fun things together XD

On 11/8/2019 at 5:17 AM, Ogid said:

Euripides doesn't literally just got a box so he's flying on merely the released fluff points.  Giants really aren't my kind of thing fluff wise so I can't base anything off the gameplay yet.  The reason for Lucius is probably because most of his good stuff is on the guild side aside from the changelings and doppel, so NVB players don't quite get him to the table as often (I assume due to model restriction).  Being particularly complex doesn't help more people play him either.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dreamer and Lucius, I love their tricks and the way they play this edition, but most of all I love their look and theme, and played them a lot in 2e as well. I've yet to try Euripides, Zoraida or Marcus however, as I don't own most of the models. 

I've struggled with Pandora but I haven't really put enough time in, so I'm likely just missing what makes her crew work