Will one of you go and do well at a tourney with guild?

4thstringer

29 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

...where’s a horrified react when you need one? I know M3e flattened several discrepancies, but my goodness—is it just the edition change? Or have your opponents grown?

I'm talking mainly about tournament games.   In my casual meta we are able to play with a mix.  But in tournaments, I ride that crutch as much as I can.  

My experience has been if I am playing against something I consider a strong master (Molly, Von Shtook, Misaki, Shen, Dreamer, probably will find more) if I don't have the Rider I am going to struggle to keep up.  

Edit:

Someone in my meta pointed out that maybe guild's playstyle doesn't match which my hyper-aggressive style anymore.  They might be right.  We certainly aren't the beater faction anymore.

3 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

My experience has been if I am playing against something I consider a strong master (Molly, Von Shtook, Misaki, Shen, Dreamer, probably will find more) if I don't have the Rider I am going to struggle to keep up.  

If everyone is experiencing this, it's a good sign the rider needs to be put in line and a few buffs across the faction are needed.

Having models that always have to be in every crew to be competitive is boring for both sides (and it's a disadvantage because it makes the lists predictable, the other crew will always include counters for the Rider)

Just now, Ogid said:

If everyone is experiencing this, it's a good sign the rider needs to be put in line and a few buffs across the faction are needed.

Having models that always have to be in every crew to be competitive is boring for both sides (and it's a disadvantage because it makes the lists predictable, the other crew will always include counters for the Rider)

I don't disagree with that.  But I would say that if they do that, they better buff just about every master in guild because we are already doing poorly enough.

3 hours ago, Dark Reaper said:

The one thing I am wondering about: why no LLC on the PR? Are you keeping him out of harm's way for most of the game?

Whats the trouble? You want it - you slap it on. This list has the stones for a little bit variation.

2 hours ago, Ogid said:

I see no love for Changelings... I thought at least 1 were an staple in his lists; those creepy things are amazing for 4SS.

Lucius plus a summoner has to be a nice double master. Lucius has all the draw in the world to get the good cards for summoning, and summons are minions; which can be commanded by Lucius himself.

actually i love them to bits. Just this particular list has no place for them. My other Lucius core list is 1-2 changelings and a lawyer as keyword models. Works fine too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Cronex13 said:

Switching topics slightly, did we ever come to a decision on the Shen Long vs Hoffman issue? (Shen Long doing irreducable damage, but Hoffman not allowing armor to be ignored) and if so, do we have a quick link to the discussion?

It was discused a while ago. I think the general consensus is Shen can't reduce the damage... but it's not 100% clear.

https://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/146989-ignoring-armor-vs-irreducible-damage/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, 4thstringer said:

I know round one he ran the lucius list Matt listed above. Dont remember if he said the other lists.

He definitely played Nellie against my Ophelia round 2. And one of Resser players told me, that his Kirai was beaten by LJ round 4.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...