Catalog the changes since beta

Morgan Vening

Stealing @4thstringer 's idea, a thread to catalog any changes in Neverborn that you might find between the Beta and the Official ones.

Bandersnatch's Upgrade had a name change (Was Shadow Lair, now See My Shadow Changing), and it's got a pretty significant change.

Friendly Models in base contact with the victim can target the Bandersnatch (previously just the victim), but get a :-flipto those Actions.

• Thanks 1

Just going through the upgrades,

Inhuman Reflexes Ugrade minion boost changed from Diving Charge (Charge while engaged, ignore terrain and models) to Mobile Warrior (Charge while engaged).

Eldritch Magic Upgrade re-ordered so it's clear Dispel Magic is not a minion boost.

@MajorUndead found that the Killjoy upgrade unbury action is no longer a :ToS-Fast:.

Voodoo Curse namechange to Wanga Mojo Curse.

Thick Horns (Marcus) namechanged to Formidable Horns.

5 hours ago, Morgan Vening said:

Stealing @4thstringer 's idea, a thread to catalog any changes in Neverborn that you might find between the Beta and the Official ones.

Bandersnatch's Upgrade had a name change (Was Shadow Lair, now See My Shadow Changing), and it's got a pretty significant change.

Friendly Models in base contact with the victim can target the Bandersnatch (previously just the victim), but get a :-flipto those Actions.

the attacking the bandersnach thing was in the hotfix

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Angelshard said:

Is it just me or are all the unreleased models missing? 

Its not just you. It appears to be the cards to allow people to use the models they already own. The unreleased model cards are likely to be available on line when the faction books get released.

13 minutes ago, Adran said:

Its not just you. It appears to be the cards to allow people to use the models they already own. The unreleased model cards are likely to be available on line when the faction books get released.

I think this is the case, especially since it appears to be the M2E artwork instead of the M3E artwork that's been revealed for the various cards.

For instance, Marcus's card is the M2E sculpt instead of the M3E preview.  Same for Leveticus.

2 hours ago, Angelshard said:

That makes me really sad, so I have to rely on my beta files if I want to stand-in unreleased models. I hope they'll at least have the new models in the faction books, otherwise I'm gonna be really disappointed.

All of the new characters will be in Faction Books, and when the Faction Books are released, all of the Stat Cards will be released digitally, both on DriveThruRPG and on our website, as well. 

• Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2019 at 5:59 AM, Morgan Vening said:

This one is really weird to me, as Young Nephilim are still Minion (4).

Actually, I think that the decision to make Terror Tots Minion (3) and Young Nephilim Minion (4) has more to do with past packaging.  You could only buy Terror Tots in groups of 3 unless you got models from someone who was parting out individual models, so as a result it doesn't make sense to make them Minion (4) and make it awkward for people to try to find a way to get that 4th model if they want to field max allowance.  Likewise, the Young Nephilim were available in a box that contained 2 of them, so their field allowance is kept to a multiple of 2 (in this case 4)

This also makes it stand to reason that whatever box Terror Tots will be in (presumably Nekima's new box) will also include 3 Terror Tots rather than some other multiple of the models.

1 minute ago, BloodBought said:

Actually, I think that the decision to make Terror Tots Minion (3) and Young Nephilim Minion (4) has more to do with past packaging.

Except I argued for that exact same rationale for pretty much the entirety of the Closed AND Opened Beta for the Freikorpsmenn (who have only ever been available in pairs), to the point my shouting "FOURKORPSMENN!" at every opportunity probably annoyed people to no end.

Is possible that it's the reason, but ignoring it for another model would be weird.

On 7/11/2019 at 11:38 AM, BloodBought said:

Actually, I think that the decision to make Terror Tots Minion (3) and Young Nephilim Minion (4) has more to do with past packaging.  You could only buy Terror Tots in groups of 3 unless you got models from someone who was parting out individual models, so as a result it doesn't make sense to make them Minion (4) and make it awkward for people to try to find a way to get that 4th model if they want to field max allowance.  Likewise, the Young Nephilim were available in a box that contained 2 of them, so their field allowance is kept to a multiple of 2 (in this case 4)

This also makes it stand to reason that whatever box Terror Tots will be in (presumably Nekima's new box) will also include 3 Terror Tots rather than some other multiple of the models.

another good reason is the grow mechanic. This allows you to grow tots into young nephilim without worrying about rarity, since if you try to replace the model and you are already at the model cap the action fails