Getting Started Reva

CustardBomb

Hey All!!

I am looking into picking up Reva as my first Resurrectionist master!

I don't own any other models for the faction other then the Yan Lo box from my 10 Thunders crews. 

What other models from the faction compliment her well? 

If you could had to get her crew box plus one other thing what would it be! 

Help a novice necromancer out. 

5 hours ago, aquenaton said:

Asura Rotten and/or Yin can be good models too. I agree the Carrion Emissary seems to be a great model to use with her.

Agreed Yin and Asura are a good with Reva. I also like a belle and doxy too. A doxy to get him up the board and the belle to pull things closer to any candles, zombies or corpse markers.

1 hour ago, aquenaton said:

Even as she has the option of using her personal emissary upgrade, I think the generic one benefits her crew a bit more, as it helps the accuracy of your minions, such as Shieldbearers and Rotten belles, who really like possitives.

As laways - it depends on Schemes. Her Conflux allows Emisarry to place near Corpse marker with (0)Action (and there will be lot of them). In the same time his own (1)Action allows him to turn Corpse marker to Scheme marker. It could be game breaking when you jump 10", push a Corpse 3" and place a Scheme in 2" and still have (1)AP to place another one Sceme. You know all those Search The Ruins, Set Up, Covert Breakthrough :) 

• Agree 1

• 2 months later...

I'd probably suggest just sucking it up and buying the crew box unless you have some really specific proxies in mind for the Corpse Candles.  They're kind of instrumental to how Reva wants to play.  The shield bearers are nice to.  While Vincent isn't particularly well loved right now, a new edition is coming and likely he will improve.

Failing that, secondary market as @TheJoyInGaming suggested.

19 minutes ago, Clement said:

I'd probably suggest just sucking it up and buying the crew box unless you have some really specific proxies in mind for the Corpse Candles.  They're kind of instrumental to how Reva wants to play.  The shield bearers are nice to.  While Vincent isn't particularly well loved right now, a new edition is coming and likely he will improve.

Failing that, secondary market as @TheJoyInGaming suggested.

One thing a friend was considering, was using the spirits from a Goryo as proxies for Corpse Candles, if he could get a Reva himself.

They're apparently annoying as hell to put on a Goryo, so he was considering leaving them off. And they kinda look like the Corpse Candle 1 miniature if you put a corpse on the base first.

https://www.wyrd-games.net/plastic-build-instructions/2016/12/2/goryo
https://www.wyrd-games.net/plastic-build-instructions/2016/8/3/the-mercy-of-death

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Morgan Vening said:

One thing a friend was considering, was using the spirits from a Goryo as proxies for Corpse Candles, if he could get a Reva himself.

They're apparently annoying as hell to put on a Goryo, so he was considering leaving them off. And they kinda look like the Corpse Candle 1 miniature if you put a corpse on the base first.

https://www.wyrd-games.net/plastic-build-instructions/2016/12/2/goryo
https://www.wyrd-games.net/plastic-build-instructions/2016/8/3/the-mercy-of-death

Heck, there are three ghosties on the Goryo, so you could use one from each and make 2 Corpse Candles and still have 2 Goryo with ghosts. 

I originally put my Goryo together without them, but during beta they got a nice ability that tied to the ghosts (thematically) and their bases were looking a little bare, so I added them back on in different positions.

And yes - the Goryo are a pain to assemble with or without the ghosts.....