Monthly painting challenge - April

Franchute

28 minutes ago, Stonewall78 said:

Ugg I didn't do my homework :( Shoulder is still not stable enough to paint. Was going to give it a go this weekend but have a camp with the scouts I have to lead. Maybe I will give it a go sunday night and see how it feels.

You can maybe ask the scouts to help you with your painting XD

@hemgath I love the blue-orange contrast on your bases!

I managed to get Mercury done before the end of the month as well! However no base yet, waiting for my order from greenstuff world, the rolling pin with wooden floorboard patterns, so I will probably rebase all of my Dark Carnival models. But here he is, and if I get the bases done soon I will post new pictures!

31301737_10156466243715409_5700536108397

• Like 9

22 hours ago, Purple Mist said:

@Chou - Nice! I like your brilliant colours.

21 hours ago, PetitDalek said:

@Chou  you have quite a lot of minis going on! They all look very promising, Ama with her vibrant colours is my favourite

Thank you very much! 😄. I like models to have shiny colors so they are eye catchy... that, and the fact that I can't understand the wheel of colors no matter what. :Dream:

Once said this, @PetitDalek your Coraline Candy is beautiful! The skills, colors, the base... wonderful job!

• Thanks 1

Well, the month is nearly over, and I'm so close to finishing quite  a few more models.

Behold, the collage of incompleteness!

IhLqUSO.jpg

Nicodem is at 90% - I think his hat needs changing. What was I thinking there?

Mortimer is at 80% - the base and a few details to go. Considering doing a marble effect.

Von Schill is at 80% - lots of water layers to go on the base, and cleaning up the breastplate (he's another eBay salvage job, on a seconds-base).

Acolytes are at 30% - just the cloaks, really.

Ice Dancers are at 10% - roughed in flesh tone.

Hopefully on Sunday, I can finish a few of these off!

@Chou- loving those bold colours. The brick base looks especially good.

@PetitDalek - very nice Candy, and a nicely done blood effect. Lovely mini!

@Franchute - I love the 'magma fist' effect. The shadow on the wall behind looks like smoke rising off them!

@Purple Mist - very nice, subtle OSL on the pumpkins!

I'm loving looking at all these minis!

Caedrus.

• Like 4

The weather decided to give me a chance to snap some pictures, so here's the performer for 7 ss total this month.

Honestly, I'm not too happy with this one. The sculpt is rather tame to begin with, so deciding to go with a darker blue colour scheme didn't do it any favours. Still, can't be bothered to try and improve it, since she probably won't be seeing much table time anyway (my least favourite sculpt out of the three performers, including the LE).

April_Performer_Edited.jpg

On 4/25/2018 at 8:25 PM, Purple Mist said:

Honestly I was expecting to see more people from MPC taking part to "The Creature Competition".

I would have loved to take part, but was unsure if the creatures I have available would have been considered "too humanoid," and I knew I couldn't finish any of them in time even if they were fair game (I have a problem with bigger models and my options were Banasuva, Snow Storm and Desolation engine).

• Like 4

I'm assuming now that the Creature Feature is over, I can claim my model for this month. 

Mature Nephilim done for 11SS, bringing me to 34SS for this month so far (Francisco 8SS, Misaki 15SS, and Mature for 11). I will have the stitched together done by tomorrow.

large.66230480_MatureNephilim-CreatureFe

@Caedrus I love how vibrant your colors are. Von Schill's blue and orange/red mix is really cool, and the green on Nicodem is very... Seamus I almost want to say. It's awesome! 

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Monkeyfist said:

I managed to get Mercury done before the end of the month as well! However no base yet, waiting for my order from greenstuff world, the rolling pin with wooden floorboard patterns, so I will probably rebase all of my Dark Carnival models. But here he is, and if I get the bases done soon I will post new pictures!

31301737_10156466243715409_5700536108397

Looking very good. :) How many soulstones have you accomplished so far?

1 hour ago, Franchute said:

Looking very good. :) How many soulstones have you accomplished so far?

Thank you! I actually lost the interest in the model after the skin (which was the first parts I painted) so not to satisfied myself.

It should be 22ss if I'm not mistaken (alt Cassandra 8, Carlos 9 and alt. Performer 5) and I don't think I will be able to finish anything else this month! Lost a bit inspiration for the Dark Carnival though and started laying some paint on my Lynch crew, but very early stages yet so think I will pledge them for next month :)

• Thanks 1

Here we go! May pledge done.

AquaMarcus (15ss) is ready to lead his beast, including the Great White Jackalope (2ss) and Luther (9ss). Meanwhile, Wonder Amina (9ss) and Ferdinand "Wayne" Vogel (8ss) are prepared to defend him in court, or as the most Dapper of Lycanthropes (technically 0ss, how do we want to deal with the Beast Within?) backed by a dynamic duo of Soul Stone Miners (12ss) for a grand total of 55ss, and my final master in my DC Arcanists.

20180427_171846.jpg.2d19473a03555a1ddc9e7ee27e0b2337.jpg20180427_172057.jpg.88b209caf97eab4b851db3ef5d8ea402.jpg20180427_171958.jpg.91d7552bcdc4377e9119cbbf3b79ac24.jpg20180427_171749.jpg.27ed5bce97cb49917c8788eda3095cd8.jpg

• Like 8