Do you know who I am

mojopin

Wow. An AoE horror check that pushes anyone that passes it as a zero action is pretty nasty. Being able to make one model that passes take 2/3/4 damage on top of that is scary. I'm wondering if the ranges on this make it look better on paper than it will be on the table.

I really can't wait to see what the upgrades for masters in the factions I play end up being.

34 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

I'm wondering if the ranges on this make it look better on paper than it will be on the table.

I hope it turns out to be worth playing Seamus for. At this point, I'll take anything that actually gives Seamus table time... I'm cautiously optimistic :)

27 minutes ago, Andre III said:

Looks like yes, it can be cheated. Welcome to carnival of fear!)

Unless of course the target has Hard to Wound or something like that. Really nice way to give out 3-4 dmg (cheating) as well as causing Horror tests, pushing models, and healing your master. :P

I actually think Swordfighter is quite a bit stronger than Do You Know Who I Am. Admittedly I have only played against Lady Justice a handful of times and don't have her stats readily available,  but every time I was able to win using her slow speed against her. This upgrade seems to shore up her biggest weakness whereas Do You Know Who I Am doubles down on what he is already good at. Both are amazing but if I had to pick an upgrade which I thought was stronger, I'd give it to Swordfighter.

I'm also cautiously optimistic.

Barring a hired Hanged, the upgrade favors activating Seamus earlier so that the 0 "hits" more targets. I think per the rulebook, if a model has already passed Seamus' printed Terrifying 12, then the 0 would not work because it's from the same model.

I don't think this will significantly hamper Seamus, as you would position and/or plan to him to activate relatively early as needed if you take this upgrade. This also seems a good potential denial upgrade for position based schemes such as Turf War, Extraction, Guard the Stash, etc.

Seems to have good synergy with Sin Rep, but if the opponent cheats 1 guy or has someone who doesn't get pushed, this may hurt quite a bit because you're stuck with the printed melee action if you're still engaged. 

Seamus is really starting to be a spirit master if he's getting an upgrade that favors hiring Hanged and, by extension, Datsue-ba.