Any use for the Rougarou?

esqulax

As the title says, does anyone have any experience with the Rougarou?

They are surprisingly cheap cash wise, and I was considering getting them, but I am not sure if they fill any role that isn't better filled by other options

Does anyone have any input or experience with them? 

Put them Together with Tooth to make a murder zone. Bonus points if you add the Emissary with +flips for minions.

You get Tooth Challenge = lure = pounce from Rougarou.

Tooth's attack also has a built-in push, so you can get up to 6 attacks from a single Tooth. Combine with with Emissary + flip and you have 6 attacks of ml6 with +-flip that have a trigger for a + flip on damage. Damage track of 2/3/4 is also nothing to snuff at.

• Like 2

i can see them being useful with pandora, however i find them lack luster with titania. for what the rougarou do, id prefer to go with lilitu + lelu for multiple reasons such as better survivability and can pull models in from further away. yes the twins are more expensive (ss wise) but with the ability to share conditions, card drawing, healing, and more pounce attacks is hard to pass up.

but i do see them working wonders with pandora. forcing multiple wp duels when you have sorrows around is rather nice.

btw, i hate sorrows in a titania list as id rather have stuff that does more than just sit around hoping to ping models due to failed wp duels.

On 5/1/2017 at 2:48 PM, HydroMog said:

for what the rougarou do, id prefer to go with lilitu + lelu for multiple reasons such as better survivability and can pull models in from further away. yes the twins are more expensive (ss wise) but with the ability to share conditions, card drawing, healing, and more pounce attacks is hard to pass up.

The Rougarou can heal 2 via Scheme markers, which are usually available for Titania.

I'm leaning towards the Rougarou because it doesn't dictate order of activation.  If you have Lelu and Lilitu, you have to activate Lelu (to grant Pounce to both Twins) before you do anything else.  The Rougarou also has Hard to Kill, which is really handy.  And it has a 0 to force a WP duel, which is always nice, and potentially an extra attack from that.  

For me, that, combined with the fact that it's 6ss less, makes the Rougarou really attractive.  Tooth and a Rougarou is a 15 point bundle of pain that seems really survivable and deadly....

Also, almost every game I've fielded the Twins lately, one of them inevitably gets paralyzed or slowed. ;)

I think they're fragile but potentially savage as hell. Used one twice, first game was too cagey and spent a lot of time hiding and trying to heal up, second game was brutal with the thorn, dishing out 4 attacks in one turn consistently. I think they could be used well across several NB masters too. 

have not put them on the table yet, but they look pretty slick. The ability to eat a scheme marker to heal is great with titania or the other fae, and his zero actions are nice where they might give bonus attacks. 

I do have to wonder if I'd be just as happy with baby kade holding malifaux provides.