Nellie: Table time first impressions

Hagisman

Oops, clicked post by mistake. Either they do that or they take more damage or they move away from where they want to be to interact and deny you evidence. All 3 options are a win.

I guess I'm the only one that likes Scathing Review - but it is super potent. In my last game I played Sandeep and got it on Kudra and Sandeep turn one. It netted me 4 damage on both of them and cost both 1AP on useless interacts. So that was 8 damage a master AP and a hench AP, and got me 4 soul stones as a bonus (thanks to the 4 evidence it got me over the game - meaning 2 turns ending with 4+ evidence). I did stone to get it off both times but that's still net 2 soul stones. To me that is likely going to be better than giving two of my models fast though obviously that is situational - 8 damage, sapping 2 of their AP (a master and hench) and two net soul stones is pretty good for 2AP.

• Like 1

My issue with Scathing Reviews is

1) It has a delayed impact 

2) It gives oponent options. They can stone away the damage and not do the interact or do the interact more than 8" away

3) You can`t combo it like Propaganda (go into range of Peacekeeper that then makes an attack for example)

• Like 1

Scathing Review is a great way of getting rid of totems and other insignificant models without actually expending effort on them.  Most will die in two turns.  Yes you can get rid of them faster using Propaganda and the Angry Mob trigger, but then you're probably expending more Evidence and flipping more cards.  And Scathing Review nets you more Evidence.

Edited by Clockwork_Fish
spelling
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Patz said:

Questions,

How did you guys generate Evidence if the opponent don't interact?

And how does Nellie play the scheme marker game? I tried her last night and it was v diff to get it done

Without your opponent interacting there are several ways to generate Evidence:

1. Use "Scathing Review" - Nellie's basic Ca action has a built in :ram that auto triggers +1 Evidence. The condition which doesn't end until the opponent interacts also helps generate more AP in subsequent turns.
  2. Printing Press - His 0 action chain activates Nellie and gives her +1 Evidence.
  3. Discard a card at the Start of her activation - This is an ability she comes with.

Aside from those Evidence is hard to generate. However, I'd say that Evidence is a bit overrated as a resource. Early on Misleading Headlines helps her make the opponent come to her, but later on its not as necessary.

As far as the Scheme Marker game goes. Nellie herself will drop a scheme marker a turn typically if she has Evidence on her by the end of the turn. Against the newer masters this is a big detriment as some of them can make Scheme Markers more deadly to be around. The Field Reporters can destroy scheme markers.  But Nellie herself is pretty lackluster at dealing with them. She can destroy her own in order to give out burning which is nice.

I hope that helps.

18 minutes ago, Hagisman said:

Without your opponent interacting there are several ways to generate Evidence:

1. Use "Scathing Review" - Nellie's basic Ca action has a built in :ram that auto triggers +1 Evidence. The condition which doesn't end until the opponent interacts also helps generate more AP in subsequent turns.
  2. Printing Press - His 0 action chain activates Nellie and gives her +1 Evidence.
  3. Discard a card at the Start of her activation - This is an ability she comes with.

Aside from those Evidence is hard to generate. However, I'd say that Evidence is a bit overrated as a resource. Early on Misleading Headlines helps her make the opponent come to her, but later on its not as necessary.

As far as the Scheme Marker game goes. Nellie herself will drop a scheme marker a turn typically if she has Evidence on her by the end of the turn. Against the newer masters this is a big detriment as some of them can make Scheme Markers more deadly to be around. The Field Reporters can destroy scheme markers.  But Nellie herself is pretty lackluster at dealing with them. She can destroy her own in order to give out burning which is nice.

I hope that helps.

Thanks! I also find that evidence is difficult to obtain if your opponent dun interact. Particularly against Titania

22 minutes ago, Patz said:

Thanks! I also find that evidence is difficult to obtain if your opponent dun interact. Particularly against Titania

Evidence is not the end all be all of Nellie. She really shines with giving out extra AP to other models.

Propaganda to Trigger "Angry Mob" to give free :melee action and Delegation to give out Fast. She really shines when supporting:

• Executioner
  • Judge
  • Phiona Gage (Doubly so with her ability to take an extra :melee action when an enemy fails a Wp test)
  • Fransisco

I could put this into perspective to you more. So I will.

• Executioner - Has Decapitate and Min Damage 3 with a built in :ram for crit strike.
  • Judge - Has the Bullets and Blades triggers which can give him an extra AP for every attack he does.
  • Phiona Gage - Has great min damage as well as :+fate on attacks if the opponent has already activated. :+fate on damage with her upgrade as well.
  • Francisco - Ml7 with built in :ram for crit strike and Flurry.

While Evidence would be good with Propaganda to give out slow and maybe push a model around its not necessary when just using the single trigger you have from :ram can give any of these models an extra attack.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hagisman said:

Evidence is not the end all be all of Nellie. She really shines with giving out extra AP to other models.

Propaganda to Trigger "Angry Mob" to give free :melee action and Delegation to give out Fast. She really shines when supporting:

• Executioner
  • Judge
  • Phiona Gage (Doubly so with her ability to take an extra :melee action when an enemy fails a Wp test)
  • Fransisco

I could put this into perspective to you more. So I will.

• Executioner - Has Decapitate and Min Damage 3 with a built in :ram for crit strike.
  • Judge - Has the Bullets and Blades triggers which can give him an extra AP for every attack he does.
  • Phiona Gage - Has great min damage as well as :+fate on attacks if the opponent has already activated. :+fate on damage with her upgrade as well.
  • Francisco - Ml7 with built in :ram for crit strike and Flurry.

While Evidence would be good with Propaganda to give out slow and maybe push a model around its not necessary when just using the single trigger you have from :ram can give any of these models an extra attack.

Really gd tips! I need to play more with her. In the game again Titania, i gave out alot of slow with her and a fast peacekeeper. Now i am thinking of Aionus too