Musings on the Ripples Rezzers

AgentRock

4 hours ago, Nathan Caroland said:

Hell, I'd have to be riding a Shire or a Percheron not to break the poor fellas back these days, and they would just as likely drag my arse across the country as soon as allow my non graceful attempt at hopping up. :P

4 hours ago, Kobayashi said:

Well, at least the opponent would be confused and pause for a while, while the rest of the Crew could seize the opportunity. Just also grab a bag of schememarkers, you could empty while being dragged and you will be the MVP that game!

I see a new Twisted Alternative: the Inept Rider, a human figure stumbling along with a hand outstretched for stirrup and/or reins, the pose full of motion and despair with the dreaded single contact point with the ground, with cards to play as any one of the mounted models (or perhaps just the Riders) of your choice. Remove current horse's rider, substitute Inept Rider on base alongside horse, done. Not that I enjoy your discomfiture, but it makes an immediate mental image.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Math Mathonwy said:

There really are really small horses out there. But I think that that is kinda beside the point. I was hoping that Reva would look imposing and scary and impressive. Like a Master! But with the tiny horse she looks rather silly. Which is a great shame as she was one of my favourite renders of the entire wave.

Now, I'm sure that we'll see MLP joke paintjobs and such and some people are going to love that but I was never a big fan of that scene.

And while we're in the topic of Wave 4 Resser aesthetics - Shieldbearers using "broken swords and shields discarded by the Guildsmen" is weird-weird-weird. Those are anime weaponry where you have a door and call it a sword or a shield depending on whether it's made of metal or wood. Really don't understand their look at all.

1. Yeah, Reva is normal sized for a human. The small horse is what throws the model "off"

2. Already looking up MLP characters to match the rest of my Rezzer paint schemes

3. Shieldbearers are also dressed like Cloud / Zack from FFVII

• Like 1

Agreed. My point was I don't particularly like when any faction for whatever reason gets around an intended drawback, for anything. I sort of feel if there is a drawback built into an ability it should never be able to be ignored or gotten around.

At least Reva pays a not insignificant cost to utilize it. 2 ss, an upgrade slot, and an inability to use other triggers when she uses it. I think it's more abusive on McMorning personally.

5 hours ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

Agreed. My point was I don't particularly like when any faction for whatever reason gets around an intended drawback, for anything. I sort of feel if there is a drawback built into an ability it should never be able to be ignored or gotten around.

At least Reva pays a not insignificant cost to utilize it. 2 ss, an upgrade slot, and an inability to use other triggers when she uses it. I think it's more abusive on McMorning personally.

She doesn't really need that upgrade if Vincent puts his (0) on the target. It shouldn't be too hard with negative flips from the Nurse debuff. ;)

1 hour ago, huntroll said:

She doesn't really need that upgrade if Vincent puts his (0) on the target. It shouldn't be too hard with negative flips from the Nurse debuff. ;)

Yeah, but that (0) requires a suit, and since Vincent doesn't have accomplice, I find your opponent can often work around that with movement, condition removal, etc. It's far better to have the Nurses debuff and then accomplice into Reva for the 1-2 punch.

Does anyone have a shot of Reva next to a ht 1 night terror? :) 

Isn't the whole point of the nurses meds to be used with armor-ignoring models? They were designed to mesh with McMourning who kind of has getting around armor as his signature thing. 

• Like 1

So i got my book this week and finally have some time on my hand to talk about of some of the things that caught my eye.

The corpse candles are undead and their "the essence remains" 0 action states "kill this model and choose one of the following ..." sooo this means they drop a corpse when doing that right? So basicly for revas "strength of the fallen" and stuff like that there is little difference right? So their rare 2 isnt realy a problem as you will almost always want to use their 0 and still be able to use them for "strength of the fallen".

Vincent seems to be completely bonkers with nico or is it just me? He can chill midfield, cycle cards from nicos summoning, give him the odd soulstone, shoot into engagements of nicos undead-spirits without randomizing with a damage boost because there are lots of corpses/MZs around. Love it! Also gonna be nice with molly and kirai i think.

Goryo look also very nice for 7SS! Fast moving, 7wd incorporeal, 0 action to give out adversary (needs a suit though and doesnt have a good ca), 1ap charging against adversary, ignoring armor, summoning seishin - what a powerhouse.

"Haunting Cries" for Phillip makes me want to finally get the molly box and put that dude in a seamus list. With Seamus' -2WP Aura his attack looks realy sollid and can cause horror duals. Also in my Seamus lists there's usally yin who also seems like a nice synergy. Just made Phillip a bit more flexible, like it alot.

"My little helper" seems realy well also, as does Archie - also 13SS certainly sting a little.

All in all i think ressers haven't got the craziest stuff in the book but a realy solid lineup. I'm very satisfied.

• Like 2