Musings on the Ripples Rezzers

AgentRock

Archie and "He's dropped his ice cream" apart from simply being awesome, you've said he can only heal four wounds/turn for reasons which will become apparent...

I am a simple minded man and it did not become apparent.  First only heals 4 wounds seems like a lot and not an only.  Second how does the power work? It does not seem to be an upgrade, is it a tactical action? Is it a healing flip of some type? Is it a Ca action or a trigger (either on an action or when he does something)?.  Finally is the reason becomes apparent to do with him or can the heal effect (or is related to) other models?  The only other mention of 4 wounds was that the Shieldbearers have 4 wounds but I imagine it is not that restrictive.

I am wondering if I totally missed something, is it somehow related to his upgrades, damage track or corpse counter use?  Not sure....

Otherwise, simply an awesome (again) short and informative post.  Got to say I think Rezzers are taking the prize for overall most book keeping and tricky (also tricksy) faction to play.  While Seamus and Nicodem are (fairly) straightforward the others, Molly, Kirai, Yan Lo, McMourning, Tara all seem much more complicated and while Reva is not to bad I guess both Archie and Vincent appear to be really multi-task mindf*** henchmen to both play and oppose.  Hell even the minions, Shieldbearers, Draugr and Goryo appear to be a learning curve to maximize.

Rezzers, you'll not only get to play the evil dead but afterwards you'll feel like your brain has been eaten by one...... 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dancater said:

Otherwise, simply an awesome (again) short and informative post.  Got to say I think Rezzers are taking the prize for overall most book keeping and tricky (also tricksy) faction to play.  While Seamus and Nicodem are (fairly) straightforward the others, Molly, Kirai, Yan Lo, McMourning, Tara all seem much more complicated and while Reva is not to bad I guess both Archie and Vincent appear to be really multi-task mindf*** henchmen to both play and oppose.  Hell even the minions, Shieldbearers, Draugr and Goryo appear to be a learning curve to maximize.

They do seem to have gone kind of crazy with attaching upgrades during the game with this book, with Ressers perhaps getting the most, but there is also Sandeep's summoning and Terracottas swap mechanic.

14 hours ago, dancater said:

Archie and "He's dropped his ice cream" apart from simply being awesome, you've said he can only heal four wounds/turn for reasons which will become apparent...

I am a simple minded man and it did not become apparent.  First only heals 4 wounds seems like a lot and not an only.  Second how does the power work? It does not seem to be an upgrade, is it a tactical action? Is it a healing flip of some type? Is it a Ca action or a trigger (either on an action or when he does something)?.  Finally is the reason becomes apparent to do with him or can the heal effect (or is related to) other models?  The only other mention of 4 wounds was that the Shieldbearers have 4 wounds but I imagine it is not that restrictive.

I am wondering if I totally missed something, is it somehow related to his upgrades, damage track or corpse counter use?  Not sure....

Rezzers, you'll not only get to play the evil dead but afterwards you'll feel like your brain has been eaten by one...... 

Meaning that Archie takes damage when he attaches new upgrades, so limiting his healing would be a natural limit to that, I'm thinking. Plus he's so tough to kill anyway that stopping him from healing back to full would probably be a good idea. 

3 hours ago, thebarbalag said:

So, just thinking, and I'm not seeing anything that prevents this yet, but is it too many moving parts, too expensive to bring Hans to, in addition to sniping enemies, shoot Soulbound upgrades off of Shieldbearers to make them unkillable again, and give you another corpse marker when they get "killed" again?

Seems very situational and perhaps too expensive. Something like it's the last turn and you really need that SB not to die so easily kind of thing. 

I've played one game with Reva so far.. It was actually at GenCon and a friend and I proxied our lists. He played Parker and honestly he looks to be a lot of fun as well.

I tried the below list:

Reva - 4ss cache (corpse candle upgrade, and the 2ss upgrade) Forgot names

Vincent

Mortimer - Corpse Bloat

Carrion Emissary - Conflux

3x Shieldbearers

First off, the strat was Reckoning. This hurts a lot if you leave a corpse candle on the table without sacking it. I lost 4 to 2 at the end of the game because he got easy candle and mindless zombie kills. I know how to run them now and won't make that mistake again. I didn't realize that they drop a corpse counter when they die, so I left them alive thinking that was the only way to really use them. They are there to fill an activation as well as buff or debuff something, or re-position other corpses. Overall though, she is a lot of fun. She hits like a truck and can strike from all over. I didn't really get to make much use of Vincent as he got targeted pretty quickly, but I still think he has a spot in her crew. Also, Shieldbearers are insane! Df 6 most of the time is awesome, and the pseudo HtK is really fun.

A list I am working on now looks like:

Reva 4ss (Litany of the Fallen, Guises of Death, Maniacal Laugh)

Mortimer - Corpse Bloat

Vincent

Bete Noire - Decaying Aura

2x Shieldbearers

Necropunk

We'll see how it goes

10 hours ago, Endalaus said:

This hurts a lot if you leave a corpse candle on the table without sacking it.

I didn't realize that they drop a corpse counter when they die, so I left them alive thinking that was the only way to really use them.

If the action say that they are "sacrificed" when you use it, they wont drop a corpse marker (p 49, 51). I don't have the RoF book yet so don't know the wording myself.

8 minutes ago, huntroll said:

Mortimer + Corpse Bloat seems to be a trap with Reva, especially if you take Shieldbearers and Vincent who are not Undead thus won't have any synergy with one of his best abilities. A Draugr, Yin, some beater or a pair of 5-6 SS models would be a better choice imo.

I think Yin and Crooligans both have nice synergy with revas attack

Canine remains have better synergy than Crooligans. Reva can hit either stat and they also drain df te way Crooligans drain wp, and they can dig up corpses if the card to do so pops into your hand. Pretty sure Philip and the Nanny is almost universally a better choice than Mortimer. Mort isn't fast and isn't cheap and all the corpses he digs up will be in the back field. And unless you go undead heavy he won't bring much to this particular crew.

Seems to me in a Reva crew you'll always want double My Little Helper upgrades in her crew. Great little defensive tech, but also if the model carrying it is undead or living you get a corpse as well as a mindless zombie.

Archie also looks good, I think. I need to double check the wording because I can't tell if he gets to place the corpse marker after he uses his ranged attack whether he hits or not.

• Like 1