Gen Con 2016 Orders

In the grand tradition of years past I thought we needed to have a thread for those who placed orders at gen con online, because we couldn't be there in person. My order has been completed and should be in the mail shortly. I was impressed by how fast orders got fulfilled last year, and Wyrd seems to be getting faster at it. Very impressive especially considering how much work this time of year is for them.

Many congrats to Wyrd.

• Like 4

Indeed.  Back from GenCon and already boxing.  My order's already in the mail and I'm thrilled.

I'll also say that the week *before* GenCon, Wyrd sent a replacement piece to me when I was certain that it'd likely have to wait until after the Con given how busy they were.  Really, really happy to be supporting this company.

• Like 1

I am relatively new to Malifaux, so this was my first Gencon while in the Wyrd fanbase. I placed an order yesterday (Reva, Carrion Emissary, Yin) but STUPIDLY didn't create a profile first, so I can't see the status of my order. But from you guys' posts it seems like Wyrd are super fast, which is delightful to hear.

I made a couple of orders early on and one more a little later.  Its a long way to my homeland so I'll honestly be elated to see anything by early September and won't be worried till the end of that month.

Usually Wyrd has been prompt and courteous in the extreme.  Though I will mention I've had orders where I've had multiple in the same event arrive in a strange and out of sequence pattern before, so I don't expect orders to be done "because it was earlier than other orders".  Not sure what the system exactly is, I just know I've always got my stuff in a reasonable time before and hope for this service again. 

7 hours ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

Very impressed. Tracking says mine should arrive tomorrow.

*Jealousy intensifies* :huh:

I made a larger order not too long after the store opened (since I was refreshing the page with ~5 min intervals :P), so hopefully it will at least be shipped soon. Then it can begin it's arduous journey across the atlantic!

In my case, I placed three orders.  Between my first order and my second order, about 500 other orders were placed.  Between my first order and my third order, about three thousand orders were placed.

7 hours ago, Alermann said:

i have an order too done at wednesday morning but i can't seems to track my order right now anyway i think it should be at my place in two days from now so i just cross fingers.
some1 can tell me how to track the order anyway?

When your order gets shipped, you should get an e-mail with the shipping notice and tracking information.  Or, if you log in to the store again and go to your order history, there will be a button to track the order.  And even if you have gotten the tracking number e-mail, that's normally part of a multiple-step process:

• Generate the tracking number
  • Attach the shipping information to a box
  • Actually put the box on truck headed to the delivery service
  • The box arrives at the delivery service

It's the last step where meaningful tracking results start appearing, but sometimes you get the e-mail at the first step.

Just because you placed your order on Wednesday doesn't mean that it's shipped already.  For all sorts of reasons (which are going to seem arbitrary and random to all of us not working in the warehouse) orders are going to get fulfilled and shipped out of order at times.

I placed min pretty early in the process when they opened the Webstore last Wednesday. I also had a small order, and paid a little extra for the speedier shipping option (assuming it would just get here faster once they actually got to it). No idea if any of those things contributed to the speedier pace of my order, or if I just happened to luckily be one of the ones the staff happened to pick out of the pile early. No idea what system they are using now, but it seems overall to be much quicker than it used to be.

To be fair as well, I'm only a few hours away from their warehouse, so that can easily shorten the delivery time as well.