Reva

It is, and I think there are enough ways to drop corpse markers close to enemy models to make Reva want to activate towards the end of the turn where its a lot more reasonable to have someone in range. Anna and the Carrion Emissary are the two that I think are going to work extremely well with her through the Damned Gather and Shards of Kythera. Death Shroud is also going to be a really good mobility and defensive skill to get her where she needs to be. Being able to drop the Corpse Candle at the beginning of her activation will also push her towards late activations.

8 minutes ago, Parker Barrows said:

Kirai and Molly were helping a lot of living women when they shut down what was essentially a sex slavery ring.

They definitely kill some people that need killing, but they are very indiscriminate, turning what seems be low level thugs into red mist at the drop of a hat. Now these people were not saints, but was capital punishment really what was needed? :) 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cinnamon Bear said:

Anna and the Carrion Emissary are the two that I think are going to work extremely well with her through the Damned Gather and Shards of Kythera.

Emissary for sure, but The Damned Gather is very resource intensive, you need a suit and moderate/severe damage. I think Anna is going to generate the overwhelming majority of her corpse markers from murdering people, which she is pretty ok at. :)

Other options include Gaki, still need a suit for the trigger but doesn't care about the damage flip so would on average take less cards in total. It's just a normal corpse marker though.

Guild Autopsy can turn a corpse marker into a mindless zombie, takes a 4:crowbut it's their only (0) action so no AP.

• Like 1

She can also turn Corpse markers into Scheme markers, and just on her card has some great movement/protection tech in Death Shroud, which gives her a placement at the same range as her walk for a (0), which doesn't even discard the targeted Corpse marker. I'm not trying to force anybody to love her, but to say she only does damage is a little disingenuous. She is a massive threat-projection piece. Before Reva has activated, anywhere within 3" of a Corpse marker becomes a deadly no-man's land. That's some serious area denial, especially if you have some control of Corpse marker placement...if only there were Corpse markers that walked around...

Also, when she kills something, provided it was living or undead, she generates a new attack vector. 

• Like 3

I really think you are over selling the Corpse Marker vector, especially from having seen how corpse markers have interacted space wise with the opposing crew in the past. I'm not saying she is bad, but I doubt she's even going to be as good on the table as McMorning is. And I still think he has the edge on her in dmg as well. So I think ultimately most people will play her for theme reasons, not actual mechanical reasons. Which is fine. She isn't bad. Thus far that's about the best thing I can say for her. She isn't bad.

I can see a lot of uses for her range. Tired of seeing 3 silurids leap into your deployment turn 1 for 3 easy points, well, now they can be stopped with a well placed corpse marker and an unactivated Reva. 

Collette and crew dropping scheme markers all over the place seemingly at will. Denied. 

Also, i mean come on, she has a 13inch threat range on the charge. That is immense. Seriously. 

I actually see Reva as being quite an anti resser, resser master too. Which is great as it throws the meta up a bit. 

All in all i'm quite excited to see a resser master do something a bit different to other masters and even more excited to see what other resser stuff comes out that both she and existing master can play with.

7 hours ago, Bengt said:

If you have min damage 4 the corpse marker is gone so you can't continue attacking through it... I also think people are very optimistic of her range and always seems to assume that there will be corpse markers in perfect spots. Now we don't know that stats of Corpse Candles but I somehow doubt they'll be Skeeters. I think a more realistic range is 12" as she can drop a Candle 8" away at the start of her activation. As for the rest of the Levi comparison, he ignores more defences than reduction, he also has a halve your wounds trigger.

Ekhm... Just take Carrion Emissary who can fly into position, drop his LOS blocking marker and at the end of the turn summons at this marker Mindless Zombie. Look! New walking corpse marker for Reva!

Also she doesn't have to kill your master or henchman - all she needs is to use her range attack (which doesn't even have :ranged!!!) to pick up your scheme runners turn 1 and 2 who most of time are not really hard to kill. 

As for Levi and his halving trigger - just put your model in the hard cover and you can laugh at Levi now because most of the time he will be on :-fate damage flip which quite often translates into 2 damage (so trigger can't go off).

• Like 1

Ummm, how exactly are you seeing Reva stopping Colette from dropping scheme markers everywhere? That seems completely non-sequitur and I don't see how that works. I don't see anything in Reva's mechanics that slows down or in anyway stops Colette, Nellie, Parker or Titania's deluge of scheme markers from crashing down on her head and drawing her in them. She doesn't get to count all 3" areas around corpse markers as engaged for the purposes of preventing interact actions, or for disengaging strikes. Am I missing something?

10 minutes ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

Ummm, how exactly are you seeing Reva stopping Colette from dropping scheme markers everywhere? That seems completely non-sequitur and I don't see how that works. I don't see anything in Reva's mechanics that slows down or in anyway stops Colette, Nellie, Parker or Titania's deluge of scheme markers from crashing down on her head and drawing her in them. She doesn't get to count all 3" areas around corpse markers as engaged for the purposes of preventing interact actions, or for disengaging strikes. Am I missing something?

Sorry, I totally misread the ability. She places them and get's rid of a scheme marker. My bad. I thought she go rid of them and dropped a corpse marker somehow. Don't worry, i've been called backwards before....

49 minutes ago, AverageBoss said:

So the box description says the sword bearers keep fighting even after death. Could they possibly become Mindless Zombies when they die?

Could be that ...

I'd love to see more Infos for the other models in the box + Upgrades.

• Like 2

I'm not overly excited about Reva herself, but most definitely about the box set. I really want to see the Shield bearers and what they can do. Perhaps they have a synergy we don't know about yet with Reva to help her? I'm hoping they are useful with other masters as well though.

I think she will be OK overall, but just based on cards, she does appear to be one of the less powerful of the new masters. I'll still give her a go, but as i tend to favor support masters, she just may not be my thing.

my two cents: @MrDeathTrout

I am SUPER excited about her, she seems to be my favorite after Seamus. 

I think her summoning (if any) will come via Vincent St. Clair, much like Tara's. Will he be allowed to hire Exorcists out of faction? who knows, he's a BIG question mark with a lot of potential.

they said all the new masters would have a new play style, I like the fact she is a break from the mold. This is why, When my enemies break down the walls, light the torches and come barreling down the quite streets of my quarantine zone. They know what to bring, what to expect, and where to shoot. Now they will have to play more of a guessing game like we do. Living, beat sticks, (assumed with ARMOR) and "they keep fighting after you kill them"?

She can fight you from +21 inches away and doesn't have to randomize with a min 4 damage?

she moves like Seamus, she swings like Mcmourning, (appears to) have a henchman like Tara' s totem/enforcer, but better, and uses all her resources multiple times like Nicodem. what's not to love?

QUESTION: fastest easiest way to produce corpse markers other then straight murder?

P.S. Might have found the new campaign starting leader. will see soon enough though

6 hours ago, Aaron said:

Well then have I got some good news for you! GenCon is right around the corner, and then the book will be in the wild! :-P

Oh make no mistake the book aswell as the Reva-Box and some other stuff will definitly find their way into the shopping cart that day :-D

It's really early days to be judging a master before she's even available to purchase. 

That said I think she gives the faction a "go to" master for reckoning/collect the bounty which is something that the faction has been a little behind the curve with compared to others. 

As to combos etc, without the upgrades or the models from book 4 its hard to say but Corpse Bloat might be great with her - create a corpse for Sebastian/Toshiro to do something with, then heal up while  you kill at range. Then blow it up as the opposing crew has to climb over the bodies of their fallen comrades. Mwhahahahaha!!!!

• Like 1

On 25.7.2016 at 0:09 PM, Wake of Godzilla said:

As to combos etc, without the upgrades or the models from book 4 its hard to say but Corpse Bloat might be great with her - create a corpse for Sebastian/Toshiro to do something with, then heal up while  you kill at range. Then blow it up as the opposing crew has to climb over the bodies of their fallen comrades. Mwhahahahaha!!!!

The last part could not be that easy as she can only use LOS from corpsemarkers for attack-actions and the corpse-explosion-thingy is a tactical with a range of "only" 8

I don't think its Pre cuddle Levi dmg at all. However, lets assume for the moment it is, big deal. Lady J has better than Pre cuddle Levi dmg, and it isn't as if people are Clamboring to bring lady J out in tournaments. She is actually one of the models that I think doesn't need to be made more powerful but does need some horizontal abilities to make playing her more synergistic and flexible. The same I feel with Reva.

I also people are also over estimating how much the corpse markers are going to help. I'm games with Molly and Seamus where corpse markers tend to pile up I rarely have enemy models within 3" of the markers as it is when there isn't a big reason to avoid them. Reva doesn't seem to have the ability to move the corpse markers around. And in regards to we corpse candles as mobile corpse markers, I doubt they are goin to have high melee so most likely won't be able to keep models in range once they close with them. Also doubt they will have an ability to let Reva activate right after them. So getting an enemy in range is likely going to be hard.

Dont get me wrong gettin to dictate where the enemy wants to operate does have value, I just don't think she is going to e the uber dmg dealer at range everyone seems to think.