The Doppleganger hall of fame

rvdbarnes

As soon as I will get the models I'll try this one:

Vasilisa (9 ss)
Doppelganger (7 ss)
with depression (1 ss)

As far as I know Vasilisa's the only Neverborn non-Master model with Obey. Yes, she's in dire need of high :mask to use it against an enemy, but Doppelganger can get the suit for a cost of weak :mask thanks to depression. Thats 2-3 extra Obeys per turn.

edit: forgot the depression special rule is not an ability, but an action, so no way :(

Edited by Pikciwok
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, rvdbarnes said:

So the Doppleganger is a regular in many many NB lists, yet I am yet to use it.

So im wondering? What has been everyone's favourite mimic action?

And what did you plan/manage to achieve with it?

I was playing Lynch vs. McCabe.

And McCabe had Gatling Samurai in his crew. So...

Well, Doppel copied Heed My Voice (Huggy's Obey) and used it on Gatling Samurai two times (Tome's trigger for a free use)

There were tons of gatling shooting, resulted in one body dropped dead. And Samurai exploded twice, when he missed.

Then Doppel controlled Westrel and finished another Westrel.

So, in a single activation, Doppel killed 3 models.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PharaonXIII said:

I was playing Lynch vs. McCabe.

And McCabe had Gatling Samurai in his crew. So...

Well, Doppel copied Heed My Voice (Huggy's Obey) and used it on Gatling Samurai two times (Tome's trigger for a free use)

There were tons of gatling shooting, resulted in one body dropped dead. And Samurai exploded twice, when he missed.

Then Doppel controlled Westrel and finished another Westrel.

So, in a single activation, Doppel killed 3 models.

Samurai takes damages by missed only during his activation. So you couldn't kill the samurai.

But killing 2 models in an activation is not bad.

• Like 1

I use it as I see fit in a given situation (on friendly or enemy models).

Favorite times I've used it:

Turn 5 mimicking a nearby Terror tot sprint on the trigger to run 28" across the board (could have moved up to 36" if need be as I had the masks needed) to Take Prisoner on Colette at the end of the game. 

Again on the trigger (I save 7+:tome just for her) copying a Hang's Whispers from Beyond and casting it 3 times in a row two different turns to wreck both Nicodem and Mortimer (it was not a happy Resser player for that game).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kinginyello said:

My opponent was the neverborn player and i was playing ressurectionist. Doppelganger stole my copycat killer's gun and red jokered the damage flip on seamus. I wasn't pleased. 

I aimed to do something similar last night but I couldn't get in range of the copycat for the mimic action

On 1/24/2016 at 5:55 AM, asrian said:

I use it as I see fit in a given situation (on friendly or enemy models).

Favorite times I've used it:

Turn 5 mimicking a nearby Terror tot sprint on the trigger to run 28" across the board (could have moved up to 36" if need be as I had the masks needed) to Take Prisoner on Colette at the end of the game. 

Again on the trigger (I save 7+:tome just for her) copying a Hang's Whispers from Beyond and casting it 3 times in a row two different turns to wreck both Nicodem and Mortimer (it was not a happy Resser player for that game).

I can one up that. Doppelganger mimics Huggys head my voice to force the hanged to do it 3 times, and Huggy does it himself 2 more times. Ended up getting 4 of them off because black joker. 

• (1) Focus
  • (0) Trapper Shot (28") from mimic trigger
  • (1) Trapper Shot

Or hire Envy and do his (0) to have her take the Focus action on his turn. She activates and gets 3 shots, two of which are focused.

Edited by PeregrineFalcon
Original had me thinking I had taken Envy in original example, math is hard ;P

On 28/01/2016 at 9:18 AM, tomjoad said:

Trigger from the :tome.

Wouldn't the first focus only give the positive to the 0 action to see if it happens, not the resulting shot? In which case you'd only do it if you don't have the card in hand? 

And it still wouldn't give you the 3AP.. It would give you two focus and the shot off the 0, but not the second shot. 

41 minutes ago, 4554551// said:

Wouldn't the first focus only give the positive to the 0 action to see if it happens, not the resulting shot? In which case you'd only do it if you don't have the card in hand? 

And it still wouldn't give you the 3AP.. It would give you two focus and the shot off the 0, but not the second shot. 

You can use focus when declaring any action, so just use it when you declare the shot from the trigger. But I don't know where he's getting the third AP from.

5 hours ago, Lordgimpet said:

If rolling with Pandora and I need more actions I will mimic magical extension off the poltergeist,  enabling me to cast one of Pandora's actions, :-P usually my doppelganger has retrobutions eye,  so a doppelganger casting self harm/ loathing is fun having the damage ignore armour even better 

I much prefer just using a Widow Weaver and her armor ignoring attack for this and having Dopple copy it. But your way works too.

I played with a Zoraida crew last night against Levi, I managed to paralyze Rusty Alyce using a nurse and voodoo doll (whilst giving both the doll and allyce burning 2 and poison 3!), then used the Doppleganger to mimic rusty's clockwork pistol. Shot the waif next to Rusty killing it with the trigger, shot an abomination, getting a bit too close, killing it then put enough damage on Rusty that the 6 damage she got at the end of the turn killed her!

Gotta Love them Neverborn Shenanigans!

4 minutes ago, feagaur said:

I played with a Zoraida crew last night against Levi, I managed to paralyze Rusty Alyce using a nurse and voodoo doll (whilst giving both the doll and allyce burning 2 and poison 3!), then used the Doppleganger to mimic rusty's clockwork pistol. Shot the waif next to Rusty killing it with the trigger, shot an abomination, getting a bit too close, killing it then put enough damage on Rusty that the 6 damage she got at the end of the turn killed her!

Gotta Love them Neverborn Shenanigans!

Doppleganger Mimic can't declare triggers