Looking for a specific fate deck

cryion

I hope there is a Official Adepticon deck in 2016.   I got one in 2013 (the deck in question) and one in 2014.   They didn't have any this year. I though they couldn't get one in time since the event was few weeks earlier.

Well as Nathan mentioned, the official stance is that no one can sell Wyrd 3rd party inspired decks. So Adepticon can give away decks but not sell em going forward.

Nathan, is it possible for us to see new Fate deck styles in the future?  I absolutely love the Retro fate deck, but none of the other styles have really tickled my fancy so far.   I guess it also would come down to sales too now that I think of it, are Fate decks popular enough for you to consider doing different designs?

• Like 1

I prefer suits to look like they do on the stat cards. Not the almost-look-like-traditional-suits of retro, 2-player starter, etc decks. It really stands out with the Crow/Spade as it looks nothing like the stat card suit :crow.

I also like the layout of traditional playing cards, where the suit symbols are prominent. I think the Arcane fate decks are pretty terrible because of this, they are really busy and the suit symbols are tiny in favour of naming the suit and having different background colours, neither of which appears at all on the stat cards. Readability at glance is much more important to me than the cards being fanciful.

• Like 2

I prefer suits to look like they do on the stat cards. Not the almost-look-like-traditional-suits of retro, 2-player starter, etc decks. It really stands out with the Crow/Spade as it looks nothing like the stat card suit :crow.

I also like the layout of traditional playing cards, where the suit symbols are prominent. I think the Arcane fate decks are pretty terrible because of this, they are really busy and the suit symbols are tiny in favour of naming the suit and having different background colours, neither of which appears at all on the stat cards. Readability at glance is much more important to me than the cards being fanciful.

The easiest to read deck at a glance for me is def the retro deck. The artwork on the arcane decks is nice but as you mention too busy. Also the border on them make looking at them very difficult at a glance. Same with the TtB deck. All great decks but for me the most readable both across the table and in front for me is the retro. 

• Like 2

I would love to see some fate decks that go back to using the old suits. Malifaux suits used to be unique, but they just don't feel that way anymore. 

As in, Malifaux suit art closer to what was on the original Fate decks? Does the new stuff look a bit too similar to something else?

As in, the suits looking like the suits on the stat cards. All the M2E model cards. If the idea to stay with the new mock card suits, they should have changed the symbols on the stat cards. 

• Like 1

You mean these suits?  :ram:crow:tome:mask

I'd like to go on record, for the benefit of anyone else who might get confused now or in the future, and say that I didn't realize until today that the

:crowwas supposed to be crossed feathers.  For five years, I thought that was supposed to be crossed knives (which would be totally reasonable for a wargame symbol), and that there was some Malifaux background theme I missed that explained why that was called "crows".  :blast

Edited by solkan
  • Like 3

I would love to see some fate decks that go back to using the old suits. Malifaux suits used to be unique, but they just don't feel that way anymore. 

As in, Malifaux suit art closer to what was on the original Fate decks? Does the new stuff look a bit too similar to something else?

As in, the suits looking like the suits on the stat cards. All the M2E model cards. If the idea to stay with the new mock card suits, they should have changed the symbols on the stat cards. 

Gotcha, consistency. I know what you mean. I can see room for both, as the mock card suits are great for learning which suits translate to what when using regular playing cards. 

I'd like to go on record, for the benefit of anyone else who might get confused now or in the future, and say that I didn't realize until today that the

:crowwas supposed to be crossed feathers.  For five years, I thought that was supposed to be crossed knives (which would be totally reasonable for a wargame symbol), and that there was some Malifaux background theme I missed that explained why that was called "crows".  :blast

LOL!

• Like 1

You know what you must do now *Puts the two knives on the table*

Gotcha, consistency. I know what you mean. I can see room for both, as the mock card suits are great for learning which suits translate to what when using regular playing cards. 

Man, I goofed up this reply. But the funny thing is, the new gaining grounds rules doesn't allow any deck that is not a true fate deck, you can even use the EBO fate deck as it does not have the suits, but yet they change the suits of malifaux to look like normal card suits. I just find that really odd.