Black Friday speculation!

Grantt

So last year we had Katanaka Snipers, Red Bette Noir and a Limited Edition Performer, in addition to a pink Dreamer crew and green Kirai. 

What do we think we'll see this year? We know (?) that there will be a Dark Coryphee, but what else?

I think the Dark Coryphee will be a product you can buy rather than a limited edition promotion. I also reckon there will be a couple of new translucent crews. I'd guess a yellow/golden Shenlong and a green Hamelin - maybe another colour. Or possibly a blue/purple Colette?

What about the promotionals? What do you guys all think?

I'm hoping for a red Kaeris or Sonnia. Doubt there would a colored set for Colette since she got the Gencon exclusive. Some sets may not return (Rasputina clear blue was not available at BF 2014 but I managed to snag smoke Tara, even though she was from BF 2013). I regret not getting the pink Dreamer crew during BF 2014 (Lord Pepto Bits) but may look into getting it this year if available. 

Hopefully a War Rabbit, as I would sort of like one XD

Dark Carnival Coryphee are already announced, so I'm relatively certain we'll see the Dark Carnival set again.  We'll have the remnants of the translucent/special colored crews - maybe a few extra (orange Kaeris? smoke Colette? glitter-bomb Wong? purple Crossroads 7?).  Oh, and we'll see the Carver again, if he's still not out at retail by then :P

I'm thinking fiery Orange Kaeris, but I won't be surprised by weird nasty green Hamelin/Rats boxes.

Another way they could go which would be interesting is go back and do the thematic extra models from some of their earlier special runs in the same color. Ice blue Silent Ones and Blessed and Snowstorm and Mech Rider (if it shows up 99% of the time, it's theme).

My only issue is expanding the crews and keeping within theme. If it was something like carver or the dreamer where you tend to stick in crew and have enough of what you need in the box then fine. But I imagine with hamelin that you'd need more rats and stuff... that said pink Ulix would be awesome!

We don't do price discounts, just special things on sale.

I bet Black Friday gets some people pumped. I'd hazard a guess that it's even more exciting than last Black Friday.

I might be pumped if I can survive long enough and moving house isn't too expensive then I might actually be able to buy toys!!

I think they could go a variety of ways with translucent crews. I'd place strong bets on a red Kaeris in both translucent and non-forms, it'd just go really well with her Fire Gaimin. I also agree the Dark Corpyree would also be a product rather than a bonus.

I'm anticipating Datsue Ba and Shikome will be available as pre-releases, given the Warstore's pre-release schedule, which I'm hype for. Not sure what the bonus model might be, though.

Given Aaron's comment, I'm gonna go full pie-in-the-sky-with-unicorns speculation and suggest that some or all of the Emissaries will be available for Black Friday.  

We don't do price discounts, just special things on sale.

I bet Black Friday gets some people pumped. I'd hazard a guess that it's even more exciting than last Black Friday.

You are a tease!

I think that the Coryphee will be a freebie for spending X amount rather than available to purchase.  Makes the most business sense as then you're encouraging people to spend 'X' amount.  Though I would agree that Dark Carnival will be available again.

Emissaries would be awesome.  Also hoping we see TTB Hannah!

I think that the Coryphee will be a freebie for spending X amount rather than available to purchase. 

Also hoping we see TTB Hannah!

I don't see the Coryphee being a freebie, what with the need to have two individuals and another two for a duet.  They will mostly likely be a box/bag of 2, so people will have to buy 2 sets of them.

I second the desire to see TTB Hannah.  But considering how long it has been since she was released with the Kickstarter and the number of special sales that have occurred since then, I am not holding my breath. 

Even though I just bought Wong's explosive solutions set, I would buy it again if they made a translucent set.  With the giant magic effects on the Lightning Bugs I think a translucent set would work really well.  I would also be interested in a translucent Yan Lo or Lynch set.

I agree.  A translucent set of Wong would be good...I would like a deep blue or purple colour.

Just in case, Wong will be the last gremlins I will assemble (it will probably take me to BF to get that far) so I can always sell on the regular kit if that becomes a reality!

I also do not think the Dark Carnaval Coryphee will be a freebie. While I have no affection for the Dark Carnaval I can't see Wyrd saying to those who bought it:

"Hey look at this! We made these new models that can go with your super expensive, exclusive and amazing alternate Colette crew! Now your Coryphee can actually match the look and theme of your crew! One catch, you need to spend at least $??? in order to get this super exclusive miniature." 

I don't think the set will go on general sale like someone else predicted, but I think it will be available to all for purchase during special events.

I could also see the Emissaries might be available. Could also possibly see a unique from each faction available perhaps for early sale, like Big Jake for Outcasts or Anna (née Lizzy).

• Like 2

Even though I just bought Wong's explosive solutions set, I would buy it again if they made a translucent set.  With the giant magic effects on the Lightning Bugs I think a translucent set would work really well.  I would also be interested in a translucent Yan Lo or Lynch set.

I agree.  A translucent set of Wong would be good...I would like a deep blue or purple colour.

Just in case, Wong will be the last gremlins I will assemble (it will probably take me to BF to get that far) so I can always sell on the regular kit if that becomes a reality!

You want a War Sheep. Don't lie.

Actually I want Colette remade into a crew of Taylor clones, but we already have Dark carnival, so that ain't gonna happen!

So,......yeah..War sheep is cool...

sheepapult 

I would probably buy that.

• Like 1

I hope that we see Emissaries though I think they need to do all of them or none of them as don't want to short any of the factions!  I think we might see the 50mm Avatar bases so that SL campaign play can be pushed.

I already own all the avatars I plan to use for now, but I am really interested in seeing how those turn out

I think it would be fine to just release some Emissaries, but the Shadow HAS to be amongst them. Every other faction has legal proxies, but 10T has nothing.

• Like 1