Hardcore Henchman for 20ss of Neverborn!

Mr Janje

So the deployment is Close, Turf war that you can score from on turn one, and assassinate.

I've picked Nekima with Pact, 2 Stitched Together and a Doppelganger.

I'm going to have Nekima flying around trying to get Assassinate on her lonesome and have the Stitched and doppelganger "Gamble your Life" on anything that come within 6" of the Turf Marker. Creepy Fog will help to keep the guys alive as well!

Would anyone recommend any different crews for this?

If its that Card Dependant, would you be able to offer any tips or hints as to build this crew better?

(Sorry if that sounds mean or rude, I don't mean it to be!)

I think your current crew is very card dependent, because Nekima herself needs cards and soul stones to stay alive. Stitched together need cards because you really don't want to miss with their attacks unless you can easily summon more or heal them back up, as is the case in a Dreamer crew. Doppelganger needs cards to be useful in winning initiatives and in this crew also when copying friendly abilities and using them.

If I were to build a HC list around Nekima I might go with something like:

Nekima

+Fears Given Form 1

+Obisdian Talons 1

Black Blood Shaman 7

Terror Tot 4

Illuminated 7

I think your current crew is very card dependent, because Nekima herself needs cards and soul stones to stay alive. Stitched together need cards because you really don't want to miss with their attacks unless you can easily summon more or heal them back up, as is the case in a Dreamer crew. Doppelganger needs cards to be useful in winning initiatives and in this crew also when copying friendly abilities and using them.

Nekima

+Fears Given Form 1

+Obisdian Talons 1

Black Blood Shaman 7

Terror Tot 4

Illuminated 7

That's a very nice little crew!

Nekima

+Fears Given Form 1

+Obisdian Talons 1

Black Blood Shaman 7

Terror Tot 4

Illuminated 7

Problem here ive found is that nekima doesn't have a built in mask so makes the flay tough (good for tot's but who cares). BB shammy is a great bang for the buck as he has the potential do fill a lot of gaps with big hitters. In a local hardcore I recently ran

Nekima

+fears given form

Mature Neph

Tot

Tot

This crew was not very card dependent. Tots sprint to engage, with decent def the can do alright. The the Mature and Nekima Fly up an erradicate everything.

I personally wouldn't bring Nekima to a Henchman Hardcore, as you don't have stones to keep her alive, and since it is known assassinate is the only scheme, opponents are going to plan to be able to deal with that level of threat. I think Candy with Fears Given Form and Useless Duplications would be a much stronger choice for leader, if you are playing to win. 

I personally wouldn't bring Nekima to a Henchman Hardcore, as you don't have stones to keep her alive, and since it is known assassinate is the only scheme, opponents are going to plan to be able to deal with that level of threat. I think Candy with Fears Given Form and Useless Duplications would be a much stronger choice for leader, if you are playing to win.

Depression is rather crazy in the format as well.

You can mitigate Nekima's 0SS cache by hiring Huggy as the Henchmen that comes with a healthy 5SS or Bad Juju which also comes with 5SS. Then hire Nekima with fears given form, a Tot and the primordial magic. You need to punch your opponent in the face first and hard with this list since your down a scoring model with primordial, although rush of magic is useful. 

Also I agree that the Candy option is strong. 

Depression is rather crazy in the format as well.

True, but ever since it came out I never take Candy without Useless Duplications it is crazy good on her. 

@sharp: you could be right, and maybe I'm biased because I don't get a ton of a chance to play after my son was born, and the fact that the list I favor for Henchman hardcore has multiple layers of interlocking defenses on all the models, and 4 ways to inflict passive automatic damage on top of the attacks the models themselves can dish out. I've just never been impressed by what Nekima brings to the table against that list and, specifically in this format, as a good portion of the rules, if I remember correctly, were written to keep her in check.

• 1 year later...
On 26/3/2015 at 2:52 PM, Fetid Strumpet said:

Isn't better to put Useless Duplications on Mr.Tannen and Candy with Drepression and Fear Given Form?

The problem I've found in running a single heavy hitter or two toughies, is that I often face Guild Death Marhsalls and get pine-boxed, which really wrecks the mojo.  I don't have anything much to add for something that works though, we don't play HH often.  I have a game coming up Friday, and I'm thinking of Vasilisa with two stitched, maybe Primoridal Magic for card cycling and then some upgrades...

On March 26, 2015 at 6:34 AM, daemonkin said:

Huggy, 2 Illuminated and Stitched.

D.

I've had great success with

Hungering Darkness

+Addict

+Aether Connection

The Illuminated

The Illuminated

The Depleted

Turn 1 slingshot Depleted into enemy crew to hold them down while grabbin Turf War while moving Illuminated up. Turns 2-5 destroy enemy crew. Use SS for keeping Huggy alive. 

I've played against:

Candy

+ fears given form

Nekima

Primordial Magic

(something for 4ss that I can't remember)

Fun times all around for the neverborn player. He went undefeated for two henchman hardcore tournaments and then stopped playing it. I'm not sure if he came up against the usual Howard/Joss bomb.

7 hours ago, Ludvig said:

I've played against:

Candy

+ fears given form

Nekima

Primordial Magic

(something for 4ss that I can't remember)

Fun times all around for the neverborn player. He went undefeated for two henchman hardcore tournaments and then stopped playing it. I'm not sure if he came up against the usual Howard/Joss bomb.

If it was 4ss it was probably a wicked doll.