Any info on Closing Time Box Set release date?

Gromtae

Wyrd's probably working with Valve on a package deal.  Buy a Closing Time box, get Half Life 3 for half price. :P

Actually Closing Time is currently being handled by 3D Realms and the same team that was originally developing Duke Nukem Forever. I've seen some initial footage and it's all looking very promising. They said it'll be released "when it's done", which I'm sure will be very soon! ;)

• Like 8

I'm happy we can laugh about it now.

The waiting and the not knowing was like a bad relationship.

Now that the pain is all behind us; we can laugh again, what with the release dates.

This thread got my hopes up, and I am proud to say it has not disappointed.

2023!! Here we come Brewie!

• Like 1

Actually Closing Time is currently being handled by 3D Realms and the same team that was originally developing Duke Nukem Forever. I've seen some initial footage and it's all looking very promising. They said it'll be released "when it's done", which I'm sure will be very soon! ;)

Great news! 3D Realms has switched to a new engine for "Closing Time"! It'll take an extra year, but will definitely be worth it!

• Like 1

Actually Closing Time is currently being handled by 3D Realms and the same team that was originally developing Duke Nukem Forever. I've seen some initial footage and it's all looking very promising. They said it'll be released "when it's done", which I'm sure will be very soon.

I'm thinking they'll actually be the first team to pull off several engine switches... in a min game.

There was once a belief on the Warseer Forums that the Chaos Dwarves release had a count-down timer. Every time someone brought up their release, the timer would reset. I imagine we're facing a similar situation here.

You might be onto something here.

There was once a belief on the Warseer Forums that the Chaos Dwarves release had a count-down timer.  Every time someone brought up their release, the timer would reset.  I imagine we're facing a similar situation here.

My local GW also has a similar thing on the re-release of Squats known affectionately as the Squat Clock. I intentionally go in there from time to time to mention the word Squat and the re-action is always arms in the air and moaning  :D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Can a mod pretty-please change the title of this thread? Every time I see it pop up, I think it's an announcement (exclamation point) rather than an inquiry (question mark). It's regularly disappointing...

Done. Should push back the inevitable Gremlin player uprising by at least another few months. ;)

• Like 1