Summoning Teddy!

Ozz

So happy to have finally figured out that it is still possible :D All be it with only two cards in the deck, and a second model required to allow the dreamer to manage it but it can be done and that is what is important! :D

Completely failed when writing this first try, it is done through using one of Mr Tannens spells to give you +2 to your Ca when you flip/cheat a Mask in, so sadly no daydreams/SS to help on this one. But it can be done :)

The Weaver Widow can also do it if giving her upgrade.

To much work, relies on killing enough of the opponents crew, and them being constructs, close enough to each other for her to summon him, for me anyway. Plus i just like the Dreamer to be the one doing the summoning :)

And dodging those threads is always a good thing :)

To much work, relies on killing enough of the opponents crew, and them being constructs, close enough to each other for her to summon him, for me anyway. Plus i just like the Dreamer to be the one doing the summoning :)

Ya Dreamer struggles a bit with Scrap counter generation however Collodi doesn't, that though is a different thread.

• 3 weeks later...

I found an interesting way to use Dreamer and Widow Weaver to summon Teddy by turn two.
Turn one, Dreamer summons 3 Daydreams, Widow Weaver and anyone else who is available kills all 3 Daydreams. Widow Weaver has 3 corpse markers. Turn two Dreamer summons one additional Daydream. This is then killed and Widow Weaver uses all 4 corpse markers to summon Teddy.
It does rely on the dreamer successfully summoning and uses a whole lot of AP that could be used for positiioning of pmodels on the board. 

To be fair,

Hire Widow weaver and Upgrade.

Hire 4 wicked dolls.

Kill wicked dolls

Summon Teddy,

doesn't seem that much more effort than

Choose Dreamer, pick Dreams of Pain Upgrade.

Hire Tannen

Activate Tanner and cast Spell

Have either 13 of Masks or Red Joker in Hand.

Summon Teddy.

(Ps I am aware that the first route uses more SS than just hiring Teddy would.)

To be fair,

Hire Widow weaver and Upgrade.

Hire 4 wicked dolls.

Kill wicked dolls

Summon Teddy,

doesn't seem that much more effort than

Choose Dreamer, pick Dreams of Pain Upgrade.

Hire Tannen

Activate Tanner and cast Spell

Have either 13 of Masks or Red Joker in Hand.

Summon Teddy.

(Ps I am aware that the first route uses more SS than just hiring Teddy would.)

As far as I was aware the "easiest" ways to summon Teddy were these. Any other method seems too SS or card intensive and even these methods are difficult to pull off unless you have the right cards in your hand. 

It's getting maybe off topic of OP, but summoning Teddy with Handbag for me is the Gravy, not the meat.

As implied above, throw a bunch of things at the enemy (maybe even some purchased Teddies!), have them kill and be killed by the enemy. Things are thinned out, enemy beatsticks are gone or weakened, Widow swoops in and pops out a brand new fresh unwounded Teddy (note that when Dreamer summons, he's at 1Wd, not when Widow summons...note also that Widow does not need a very high card, nor extra models involved). A key mid/late game Teddy summon can be utterly decisive, uses resources you've already got anyway (corpse markers from dead enemy; scrap markers from dead enemy and stitched and teddy and dolls etc), Note also that this leaves Dreamer free to do other things, like remove his slow and push him to beat stuff 3 times...or some more stitched, or whatever!

In other words, I take Widow anyway for the other things she does, spending 2ss for her to have the ability to make a Teddy is worth it to me, and is far less an investment than Tannen and hoping to get one of those two cards that works.

(That being said, it sure if fun when Tannen works! :) )

• Like 2

A key mid/late game Teddy summon can be utterly decisive

I generally attempt this, unfortunately my regular opponent likes to target the Widow for early termination every time I take Handbag for this reason. It generally means I have to take a more defensive tactic which is less useful for my overall game plan.

I generally attempt this, unfortunately my regular opponent likes to target the Widow for early termination every time I take Handbag for this reason. It generally means I have to take a more defensive tactic which is less useful for my overall game plan.

Mimic`s Blessing should help a bit in that situation...but yea have the same problem. 

Agree, I have similar issue. I'm trying to leverage the fact that I know he'll be trying to kill WW...if he's focusing on WW I'd like to think I can punish him for that. I've not been successful, but I'm trying :)