Wyrd at Gen Con 2014

CaseyJ

What a let down! Sheesh, a missed opportunity if there ever was one - that's really boring and looks like just a random woman as opposed to a Stage Magician Master. Definitely the most disappointing of the new art so far.

It is a missed opportunity, just because her old costume that reminded an upside down rose was objectively a masterpiece of art, and the designer deserved kudos for the originality and implementation, while if you add a giant spanner/rifle to the new one, you have a female whatever of some other steampunk line. I don't say I don't like it, cause I'm a fan of the genre, but it totally hasn't got a performer's soul, and I won't congratulate with the artist either for making it look so poor of efforts, that's for sure...

Maybe just personal tastes...

• Like 2

Colette is so iconic for Malifaux a new sculpt was always going to be a bit of a no win situation IMHO.

Ignoring the colour choice on the art she's dressed fairly similarly to the other showgirls we've seen. Painted as a showgirl it looks to me like she'll fit in well amongst the the other girls. Plus we haven't seen the actual model yet.

It's also worth keeping in mind we currently have four 'stage outfit' Colette models, we're going to get this and three more in plastic when we see the avatar. Plus I'm betting we'll see Fall Schematic Colette at some point too. With nine sculpts (four in routine production) I'm happy for them to start looking a bit different.

• Like 2

Colette is so iconic for Malifaux a new sculpt was always going to be a bit of a no win situation IMHO.

Maybe so, but why go maximally bland? I really don't understand what the people who like her see in her - she's a girl in a dress with goggles. Super boring. The new LE Performer art is tons more interesting (though she looks more like Sara Zingaresce than a Performer).

Ignoring the colour choice on the art she's dressed fairly similarly to the other showgirls we've seen. Painted as a showgirl it looks to me like she'll fit in well amongst the the other girls. Plus we haven't seen the actual model yet.

It's also worth keeping in mind we currently have four 'stage outfit' Colette models, we're going to get this and three more in plastic when we see the avatar. Plus I'm betting we'll see Fall Schematic Colette at some point too. With nine sculpts (four in routine production) I'm happy for them to start looking a bit different.

I don't agree it couldn't have been a win. I think the new sketchers and painters are even more professional than the old ones, but this one is an essential routine drawing nonetheless... And Fall Schematics is not Malifaux but a sci-fi thing that uses the name of "Colette" cause it's Wyrd registered, while metal is already OOP, and they also are a bit different scaled from the new plastic, and the plastic Avatar will be the Avatar models not the regular(you'll need them for the Avatar!), so many options aren't actually that many, unfortunately. I would have preferred this to be the alternate version/swap-legs for those who have got enough of burlesque show costumes, rather than the new main model

I'm looking past the colour of the dress and at the detail of the model.  I see tons of potential there. Plus I like the more elegant less bawdy look of the M2e showgirls. More theatre and less music hall.

Plus as I said above, if people don't like this sculpt by the end of things we'll be up to nine Colette sculpts. Plenty of opportunity to vary things a little and pick your favourite to use. 

What a let down! Sheesh, a missed opportunity if there ever was one - that's really boring and looks like just a random woman as opposed to a Stage Magician Master. 

I must agree with you here for sure. I was kinda interested in getting Colette but now that the metal box is gone I don't think I need to get Colette anymore, then again it's not like I'm saving any money, off to Hell Dorado budget then. 

Definitely the most disappointing of the new art so far.

This, I have to disagree, definitely not the most disappointing, that award is for Ironsides alone :D 

I don't suppose that someone would be kind enough to post her to the "new art on twitter" thread over in Miniature Matter.  Some of us are twitter-impaired.  ;)

+1 to this.  Unfortunately I can't see to figure out how to include the image dude (it wouldn't let me insert it as a URL link - if anybody can offer advice on how I include images I would be very grateful) but I googled 'Wyrd Games Twitter' and you can browse without having to be signed up to Twitter.

I'm not a massive fan of her as she does seem quite 'plain' rather than 'Showgirl'.  I'll reserve judgement until I've seen miniatures but they do tend to be pretty close to the art so I'm not holding out hope she'll be great.

I just don't see the pontential people are talking about with the new Colleted design. It's a woman with a sassy smile on a dress and goggles, that's it, only arcane manifestation is a glowy bit on her hand, give her a stick and I would have called her Venassa. For a master she certainly isn't an eye catcher and this coming from the showgirl of the setting, which precisely should have made her one of the more flamboyant pieces in the whole setting.

• Like 3