Wyrd at Gen Con 2014

CaseyJ

When book 2 was released forever ago, I think we had the same scenario with dreamer as we do with Tara. He had the limited nightmare sculpt right away, then took forever to come up as a crew box. It *has* only been a year. Hopefully we'll get a normal Tara before too much longer.

I don't suspect there's one single reason why the releases are done in the order they are.  

There will be a range of factors which go into the decision making, many of which are process related and we'll be completely ignorant of. Then once the decisions are made things will continue to change on the fly as the unforeseen in the real world begins impacting on Wyrd's plans, moving dates forwards and backward.

• Like 3

While Wyrd is one of the most open and upfront companies about their backend proccess, I think we're always going to want more.

"What do you mean Jimmy from shipping is sick?! What does he have? Is it serious? I really hope he's going to be okay, but I also want him to go into work right now to get my order on the road!"

• Like 5

When book 2 was released forever ago, I think we had the same scenario with dreamer as we do with Tara. He had the limited nightmare sculpt right away, then took forever to come up as a crew box. It *has* only been a year. Hopefully we'll get a normal Tara before too much longer.

I think we need to revise your definition of "forever". Nightmare Edition Lord Chompy Bits was available that year's Gencon. I was introduced to the game that same year and bought a regular edition Dreamer crew in November or December of that year. He may have hit stores even sooner than that.

Tara, on the other hand, is slated for a late 2014 / early 2015 release for her regular edition. That's a bit too long, in my opinion, to have a crew that is in the book to not have a regular release. And with the inflated sums people are asking for her on the secondary market, it can seem to new players that Malifaux has a pay to win element to it.

• Like 1

I think we need to revise your definition of "forever". Nightmare Edition Lord Chompy Bits was available that year's Gencon. I was introduced to the game that same year and bought a regular edition Dreamer crew in November or December of that year. He may have hit stores even sooner than that.

Tara, on the other hand, is slated for a late 2014 / early 2015 release for her regular edition. That's a bit too long, in my opinion, to have a crew that is in the book to not have a regular release. And with the inflated sums people are asking for her on the secondary market, it can seem to new players that Malifaux has a pay to win element to it.

I agree that she simply shouldn't have been pushed so much into the back of the release schedule, but pulling out the "pay to win card" is plain blatant exaggeration. Tara is in no way the best Outcass/Resser master, the nothing Beast is very clearly in the low end of 10 SS models, Karina is useless without Tara and the void wretches, though pretty nice, are not the only objective grabbers Outcasts get and ressers can do better. Also, last time I checked, nobody was disallowed from any tournaments I've assisted for using some proxies or relevant conversions, we have a Ten Thunder player with an awesome Shenlong, Sensei Yu and Katanaka sniper conversions for example.

• Like 3

As a big fan of almost every steampunk/victorian/bohémien set movie/serie/whatever, and a lover of those stage costumes, I find the dress of the new showgirl maitresse definitely a real waste of potential... Sadly, her new Disappearing act could work within the crowd, rather than behind a magician's smoke.

Very first art that hits me this hard(maybe cause I'm really interested in her, and it won't stop me from buying...)