Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Nice job.

I’m not too sure if it’s too obvious to mention but giving Rasputina some Ht3 models to use as mirrors can be useful for letting her shoot over models and Ht2 terrain. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

Nice job.

I’m not too sure if it’s too obvious to mention but giving Rasputina some Ht3 models to use as mirrors can be useful for letting her shoot over models and Ht2 terrain. 

Good catch!  I forgot about that, adding it in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, retnab said:

Silent Ones are like a mini-Rasputina, being the only other model in the game with Ice Mirror.  Their attack is okay with some very nice triggers (attack again, get a free Ice Pillar, and heal all nearby Frozen Heart models), but the big thing they bring is their (0) December’s Favor, which with Ice Mirror is a super long range heal with a trigger for healing other Frozen Heart models around the target!  They’re not quite as slow as Raspy but they are easier to hit, which is helped a bit with their built-in Df trigger Frozen Statue, which makes it so any other damage they take is capped to 1 damage at a time.  They won’t survive if the opponent really tries, but the trigger slows down their death a bit which is nice.

The Df trigger says 'after resolving', I never have that clear, the first atack it's afected by the condition? I allways take all the dmg from the first atack and apply the condition at the rest, if can be use on the first atack this will be awesome :D
 

And in other order of things, I think Steamfitter is a must if you want use Frozen Servants upgrade, to get scrap, I thing this must be mentioned in OTHER MODELS

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Fictor said:

The Df trigger says 'after resolving', I never have that clear, the first atack it's afected by the condition? I allways take all the dmg from the first atack and apply the condition at the rest, if can be use on the first atack this will be awesome :D
 

And in other order of things, I think Steamfitter is a must if you want use Frozen Servants upgrade, to get scrap, I thing this must be mentioned in OTHER MODELS

After resolving does not happen until after the damage is dealt from that attack. So the first hit does full damage to the Silent one. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I do that ok, for that reason if the opponent is smart can kill him in 1 activation, Df3 hurts =(

No matters still, for me, one of the best Arcanist models.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noted that Silent One's first hit is full damage and gave Steamfitters their own callout :) 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks! And yeah for sure, though tonight's my game night so it probably won't be updated for a day or two. If anyone wants any tips or playstyles added just post 'em here

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, retnab said:

Thanks! And yeah for sure, though tonight's my game night so it probably won't be updated for a day or two. If anyone wants any tips or playstyles added just post 'em here

Dont worry. I dont even have her painted yet :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Added some tips & tricks (Boom, New Angles, Peekaboo, Turn 1 Explosions, Carpet Bombing), if you know of any more let me know and I'll add it!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frozen Servants section (Do You Want to Build a Snowman) added!  I haven't used this upgrade a ton yet so if anyone has more thoughts on it let me know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2018 at 10:17 AM, retnab said:
  • Peekaboo (requires Cold Nights, best with Wendigo)
    • The really cheeky thing about Ice Pillars is that they last until the model who placed them next activates.  So for turn 1 you can have your Wendigo walk up and put some down to block LOS and charge lanes and spend the rest of the turn setting your crew into a good position.  Turn 2 get yourself all set, then have the Wendigo go (doesn't matter what it does as long as it ends within 6" of Raspy), Companion into Raspy and have her fire off her spells into the enemy's crew and finish it off by having her put down Ice Pillars again!  On the following turns the Wendigo's no longer needed so can do its own thing, and each turn Raspy's pillars drop right in time for her to fire in and place them again just where you need them.

I will start out by saying I think you have done a great job on an overview of Raspy.  But I saw this one error so I wanted to point it out so you can correct it.

Companion lets the model that has the ability activate after a friendly model ends its activation within 6".  Accomplice is the ability that lets you activate a different model within 6" after you are done.  So the Wendigo's companion only lets it activate after another model finishes its activation within 6", not activate another model after the Wendigo is done.  So to make this trick work it might be better if Raspy casts the Pillars turn 1, activates early turn 2 and the pillars drop, then she uses all her AP doing evil things, then the Wendigo companions when she is done so it can throw up new pillars to protect her.  Sure that means Wendigo has to go turn 3 to drop the pillars but he can always place them somewhere else or tie up a threat instead.

Now the Arcane Effigy does have Accomplice meaning it can activate first and then use Accomplice to chain activate Raspy.  Though you cannot chain 3 models in line so no using Companion to go with the Wendigo afterwards, but you could Accomplice to an Ice Gamin to get Bite of Winter up so if you wanted Raspy could be all ready next chance you get if you want.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is probably not the greatest strat but one I've used is to have the Golem throw Ice Gamin into clumps of enemy models and then target the melee with Rasputina and Decembers Curse, hitting enemy models is fine but the best outcome is hitting the Gamin which allows you to cheat the attack/defense draw to maximize the difference and flip (and be able to cheat) for moderate or better yet sever damage.  The enemy then takes a face full of blasts followed by the inevitable explosive demise of the poor Ice Gamin grenade.

Its not the best strat and it involves the much maligned Golem but it does work and is even more viable with the Raspy summoning build.  It also fun.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good point, I always forget about Toss to be honest lol, added it in as a tip & trick

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎14‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 4:17 PM, retnab said:
  • December’s Pawn is a bit of a gamble.  For 2ss you get only one ability, with the same name as the upgrade, but it lets her count the Black Joker as if it was a Red Joker (note: it’s only her, so if another model flips it they’re still screwed).  This is sometimes incredible, but it’s not very likely to have an effect most games.

Would just like to put my 2 cents in on this upgrade.

 

For me, if you are running an aggressive raspy list its an autotake. Sure, it doesn't always come up, but what it does allow you to do is plan an activation in the knowledge that there is next to no chance of failing certain actions. Infact, you're at more of an advantage of hitting hard. Take for instance a straight shootout vs a master. As a calculated player, I would rarely throw a blasty master vs my opponents master if I cannot guarantee the kill with 2 attacks (4 with stoning for a mask). However, with Decembers pawn I now can guarantee a 3 attacks (or 6 with a mask, no prevention) going through with minimum damage 3 (ice gamin). That's 18 dmg assuming all are weak. Add in that additional factor that you may flip a joker for 6 dmg and double blast of 5, she will just about melt any crew.

It is a hyper aggressive scenario and you can often go through your entire cache in one activation, but the rewards are almost always worth it.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hollingydale said:

Would just like to put my 2 cents in on this upgrade.

 

For me, if you are running an aggressive raspy list its an autotake. Sure, it doesn't always come up, but what it does allow you to do is plan an activation in the knowledge that there is next to no chance of failing certain actions. Infact, you're at more of an advantage of hitting hard. Take for instance a straight shootout vs a master. As a calculated player, I would rarely throw a blasty master vs my opponents master if I cannot guarantee the kill with 2 attacks (4 with stoning for a mask). However, with Decembers pawn I now can guarantee a 3 attacks (or 6 with a mask, no prevention) going through with minimum damage 3 (ice gamin). That's 18 dmg assuming all are weak. Add in that additional factor that you may flip a joker for 6 dmg and double blast of 5, she will just about melt any crew.

It is a hyper aggressive scenario and you can often go through your entire cache in one activation, but the rewards are almost always worth it.

+++ To this. When I ran Misaki, with Recalled Training and Yu, black jokers would often just kill a turn for me. With a ton of flips and ap to attack, that joker will come up. Ultra aggressive Rasputina can spew out as many or more attacks, and I have find that having a that threat removed is really good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if December’s Pawn gets better if the crew includes a Steamfitter that can grab Black Jokers that get flipped by your other models.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WWHSD said:

I wonder if December’s Pawn gets better if the crew includes a Steamfitter that can grab Black Jokers that get flipped by your other models.

@Lokibri reported interesting statistocs here:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/02/2018 at 10:03 PM, WWHSD said:

I wonder if December’s Pawn gets better if the crew includes a Steamfitter that can grab Black Jokers that get flipped by your other models.

In theory, yes, but you should be picking up any 10+ of masks for overpower as soon as you see them rather than waiting for jokers. Or 12/13's of anything if you see them appear. That one card can bring two successful AP with raspy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×