Transporting Shadow Emissary

rober695

Just real quick. To those of you that own the shadow emissary. How do you get it to and from tourneys/leagues? Finally found a place relatively close to my house that does weekly Malifaux nights that I would like to start going to. But I have no idea how I would transport the emissary. Currently I just use it when me and my buddies play at my house, and I just leave it at home when we play elsewhere. My current setup is a bin with magnet paper on the bottom and washers glued to the bases of the miniatures. It works great for the most part but the emissary doesn't fit in the bin.

I proxy him in all friendly games after one game of them insisting I bring him out and they quickly understood why I went with a more manageable model from that point on. I do have a foam hole in my bag that's just big enough to lie him in his side, though even at tournaments I ask if I can proxy him and just set him next to the table or whatever because he's so cumbersome if you ever want to make clever use of that 50mm base on an actual board. Whoever designed this shit should get a stern talking to.

But yeah, can't you magnet the Emissary sideways? Maybe glue some slight foam layer on the bottom so he still has something to rest on.

My emissary (not Shadow, but the dragon would fit) travels upright and separately in a clear-sided thin acrylic case with carrying handle, which I suspect started life as packaging for something excessively girly—closest match I can find is a small makeup case. I have a card box for stat cards, and the case (and emissary) are narrower in depth than a Malifaux card, so the case stacks atop the box. For a short while I was planning to carry it in the smallest size of card box, even.

5" thick pull and pluck foam tray.  I carry Shadow Emissary, Ama no Baka, Yasanori and the Hanging Tree in it.

The tray above that is a similar 3" tray that holds 3 Obsidian Oni, Yin, McTavish, Lazarus, and Hodgepodge Emissary.

The three trays above that are the red warhammer standard foam trays that all the regular 30mm stuff stay on.

All these trays, which hold all my models for both Ten Thunders & Outcast crews, stack up in my converted Igloo rolling cooler.... the cup holders on top add a nice touch.

• 2 weeks later...