Monday Preview - July 24

Nef

Bring out yer dead!  

Today's Monday preview is for all of us who are shuffling around this morning like certain undead might do.  We are taking a look at an awesome new piece of art from the upcoming Gravedigger for the Ressurrectionists.  Wyrd_MondayPreview_7_24_2017.thumb.jpg.0e46219c88a5bf94c209459ec1aba743.jpg

And of course we have a peek at the process behind this art piece!!

Discuss away!

• Like 8

I don't want offend anyone, but i don't like very much, almost all new previews,

It almost seems, that styles from precedent waves and this are completely different. 

Previous miniatures are more Gothic/Steampunk; the latter (i don't know how write it ) for its style, seem more appropriate for younger players.

Obviously this is just my opinion, but there is anyone who thinks like me?

(i like very much nightmare edition of hamelin)

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, TeddyBear said:

...Previous miniatures are more Gothic/Steampunk; the latter (i don't know how write it ) for its style, seem more appropriate for younger players.

Obviously this is just my opinion, but there is anyone who thinks like me?...

I think the new art style is soft-edged, both as a word for the less dark style and possibly for the minis sculpts themselves (the wave 3 and 4 human minis I have put together are...smoother, I guess is the word. not as many deep folds in their clothes) (monsters and constructs were still spiky).

But I like it, a lot, so I don't agree with you on that.

27 minutes ago, sakurazuka38 said:

I missed the playtest phase so in few words can you tell me what these gravedigger bring for the resu in play ? (i suppose corpse markers ^^).

They kept changing during the playtest, but they always kept an ability to pick up corpse markers and make them into a condition, and then you could use that condition like the gravedigger was a corpse marker. So corpses could be moved around even if you had no vulture, and enemies couldn't use your gravedigger as a corpse marker, stuff like that.

• Thanks 1

On 24/7/2017 at 7:00 PM, Gnomezilla said:

I think the new art style is soft-edged, both as a word for the less dark style and possibly for the minis sculpts themselves (the wave 3 and 4 human minis I have put together are...smoother, I guess is the word. not as many deep folds in their clothes) (monsters and constructs were still spiky).

But I like it, a lot, so I don't agree with you on that.

Thanks, looking at cyclops or bultungin, lampad, compare them with for example howard langstone, teddy, candy ect. New models seems lesser disturbing;

maybe also monster are more soft then old; but is also true that missing more pieces to see..

• Like 1

On 7/24/2017 at 0:13 PM, TeddyBear said:

Thanks, looking at cyclops or bultungin, lampad, compare them with for example howard langstone, teddy, candy ect. New models seem more lesser disturbing;

maybe also monster are more soft then old; but is also true that missing more pieces to see..

I dunno. The newer stuff might be subtler in their portrayal of horror, but they still come off as disturbing. The female Cyclops for example, she looks like she's just spotted someone trying desperately to hide. Imagine peeking out from your hidey-hole and seeing her suddenly settling down suddenly into that position looking directly at you. "Oh ho ho, little one. I see you. I see you..." Maybe you try to flatten yourself further back in, then suddenly a meaty fist bursts in and grabs the front of your shirt...

The Gravedigger is that person you see out of the corner of your eye as you walk past an alleyway, then you walk past another alley and think to yourself "Is that him...? How did he move so fast...?" Always watching, everywhere.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Pyrflamme said:

I dunno. The newer stuff might be subtler in their portrayal of horror, but they still come off as disturbing. The female Cyclops for example, she looks like she's just spotted someone trying desperately to hide. Imagine peeking out from your hidey-hole and seeing her suddenly settling down suddenly into that position looking directly at you. "Oh ho ho, little one. I see you. I see you..." Maybe you try to flatten yourself further back in, then suddenly a meaty fist bursts in and grabs the front of your shirt...

The Gravedigger is that person you see out of the corner of your eye as you walk past an alleyway, then you walk past another alley and think to yourself "Is that him...? How did he move so fast...?" Always watching, everywhere.

I like your descriptions! But doesn't count in this way! :)

I don't know, they still seems to me for "younger target" or younger players..

I've imagined gravedigger different, sure one man that carryng corpses is always disturbing, but could be futher improved imo.

Of course, these are personal preference, and we have a lot to new models to see, I hope they don't change much from precedent waves.

(Sorry for language mistakes :p)

• Like 1

I am not a big fan of new artworks. They are too static and have comic book style simplicity. And sometimes just ugly. For the first time I do not even consider buying nightmare edition crew (and I like cats). Looks like the only thing I will buy from this wave will be upgrade cards.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Flint said:

I am not a big fan of new artworks. They are too static and have comic book style simplicity. And sometimes just ugly....

Whilst appreciating the time and effort that Wyrd goes to with this game I have to say that Flint mirrors my sentiments entirely...

To date I have only ever posted to say something positive and usually I am building up anticipation of new figures and looking forward to buying and painting them...the previews to date have left me wondering what just happened...it's like the imaginative blend of steampunk/gothic horror got ditched overnight for comic book/cartoon simplicity and whilst putting the finished artwork against a bright red background gives visual impact it simply accentuates the almost cartoon like qualities of some of the figure designs

As previously stated I do appreciate the work others put into all of this and I have no wish to upset anyone here....just my opinion 

• Like 2