Why is the Brutal Emissary so expensive?

Patyrn

Same reason the riders, and lone marshal are in that price range. All the Emissaries are large centerpiece models, and all are $40. If it was something that people would likely buy multiple of, it would probably be cheaper. As it is huge and unique, most players who get any of them will only buy one, and only for the faction they most often play. Molds are REALLY expensive and have to be paid for.

• Like 1

I really really want to see someone slowly and patiently explain how to handle assembling and painting the Brutal Emissary. Thats my biggest worry thats preventing me from picking it up- how the hell do I deal with that prisoner? The daunting project feels a bit more of a turn off than the price, but its good to know its price reflects a much larger model.

This is the first time I've seen the parts layout and they really nailed the cage.  It's pretty simple.

Build the model as 3 parts.  The big guy holding everything including the top half of the cage, the bottom half, and the prisoner.  Paint them up separately, then glue the prisoner into the cage, then the cage into the top half that's already part of the Emissary.

Its a matter of preference, but you can do the wash/shading before or after final assembly.  The nice thing to remember is the prisoner doesn't need a lot of highlights.  He's inside after all.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Hatter said:

If I remember correctly, the Emissary line came about when Collodi's effigies were hit with energies from the Event.  So, they are boosted puppets. 

Now that would make sense but the model does come across quite human at first glance 

On 7/30/2016 at 3:17 AM, Patyrn said:

So basically what I was missing was "It's huge". :P

For some reason, I just thought it was kind of a big dude, not a giant.

Does this help?  That coin is roughly the size of an American quarter (and please don't mind the rookie paint jobs... Guild was my first set of models and some of my painting was horrid).  

He is really big, comes with 8 cards, and it's really hefty plastic.  I would wager it's nearly as much plastic as a box set.   

1 hour ago, 4thstringer said:

The model pisses me off.  It is like they didn't even try to match the model to the abilities on the card.

A box for boxing stuff and a cage to debuff enemies. Armour in the form of the guild coat that gives Dashrl and guardsmen armour. Seems ok to me. It's weird about the attacks but it magically steals the attacks ofothers andit used to have Ca attacks until someone figuredmetal gamin wouls break it.

1 hour ago, 4thstringer said:

I guess that is what is going on with the sword, it assumes it is borrowing someones gigantic sword?  Honestly, I love my proxy made out of the big death marshal, so it will never effect me.

I don't have a horse in this race either, I have a bunch of old avatars so I will not be picking up any emissaries in the foreseable future. The sword is maybe not so thought through and it doesn't really look fantastic. The effigy has a gun which would.make more sense although if the gun was in size with the rest of the model it should be min 5 or something ;)

20 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

I don't have a horse in this race either, I have a bunch of old avatars so I will not be picking up any emissaries in the foreseable future. The sword is maybe not so thought through and it doesn't really look fantastic. The effigy has a gun which would.make more sense although if the gun was in size with the rest of the model it should be min 5 or something ;)

Can you imagine a tiny little gun in his humongous hands?

• Like 1