March 14 - Thrace

Lucidicide

16 hours ago, Aaron said:

This week's Monday Preview is a look at the art for Thrace, a new person from The Other Side:

http://www.wyrd-games.net/news/2016/3/11/monday-preview-thrace

Uh, isn't that the person in the front of the art that is on the Backgrounds page for this game?  Like, cutting off the evil looking murlocks face?  :P

I guess it's cool to know a name.

I feel like the tribal tattoo looks slightly out of place though, on her neck.  Maybe it's part of her character // story or something, but she doesn't seem like a person in a gang or.. tribe.. or something.

15 hours ago, Kobayashi said:

I still wonder, if for those types of characters there will be Malifaux cards, So that they might enter Zhe Breach and become Enforcer, Henchmen, or Masters without a specific Crew.

Nah bro, going though the Breach is how people die, or find out they aren't terribly important.

If she's important enough to have a name in The Other Side, it's entirely possible she'd just end up a mook in Malifaux.

Or at least, I am pretty sure that's how it works.  Not everyone becomes powerful awesome things when they cross, right?

1 minute ago, silicon_dioxide said:

I dig it. I really want to know if this game takes place during the Black Powder Wars, or in the same time period as in Malifaux. The uniform is kinda reminiscent of both those worn during the 18th and 19th C. 

What time is the Black Power Wars?  Is that an actual historical thing, because google told me it's just a cool book around the Napoleonic Wars.

26 minutes ago, Tawg said:

Ah, it's a Malifaux in-universe event.  Awesome, I should really sit down some time and read all the stories in those books :wacko:

yes, you absolutely should.  The stories are fantastic and well written and really flesh out the characters and the world of malifaux in general.  However, as far as I know, all stories are set post-second breach era.  The only mention of the black powder wars that I know of is in the main rulebook where the timeline overview covers the wars existance and it's outcome.  I personally would love some pre-malifaux and pre-second breach stories, maybe in book form if the world and lore become popular enough to warrant publishing such a thing.

• Like 1