So about the new Nekima model

Mastershake

<MOD HAT>

It would be appreciated if this thread did not descend into a list of euphemisms for the model's breasts.

Thanks.

</MOD HAT>

Nice one zFiend! The Mod Hat has been brought out. You can take the Filth out of the Resser but you can't take the Resser out of the Filth...  :D

We shall have to discuss this matter later on Vassal! 

Admittedly a little taller would have been nice but I'm not too offended by the size overall. As a Ht 3 she could have been bigger.

There's a sort of Kobayashi Maru scenario with crouching figures. Scale them up a little bigger to not make them seem tiny to standing figures and there's complaints about being too large or keep the scale the same and the model looks too small.

Admittedly a little taller would have been nice but I'm not too offended by the size overall. As a Ht 3 she could have been bigger.

There's a sort of Kobayashi Maru scenario with crouching figures. Scale them up a little bigger to not make them seem tiny to standing figures and there's complaints about being too large or keep the scale the same and the model looks too small.

To be fair, she isn't appreciably more crouched than the Mature Nephilim and he utterly dwarfs her.

This has more to do with the model being a completely different scale from the original.  Even if she stood up straight she's only about half as tall as metal Nekima which is what has me so purplexed.

Gees, when compared on the pics...she really is on Barbaros's scale :(. Blah...now that's a serious disappointment. Of all the things i expected from the model in M2E, that never came to mind. The same model, twice the bulk/size, would have been perfect.

So alt Barbaros it is. I'm going to hope for a huge Nightmare edition next year.

I like the model and don't mind the size seing as she's similar to her sister, the only problem comes from trying to get my head around the fact she's listed up as a Ht3 model on her stat card, but I'll get over it.

Out if interest is the scenic rock she's on the exact same one that Myranda is posed on? It wouldn't bother me In the slightest but as a mainly Arcanist player it caught my eye. I am however currently viewing the picture on an iPhone so not the best scale to see it with!

Well I always saw the Ht stat as more the models presence on the battlefield than just how tall they are. But wow is she tiny compared to the metal version, I was expecting her to be a bit smaller because the metal is freaking huge, but not to this scale. That doesn't mean I don't like the model, I think it's pretty good, it's just a lot smaller than I was expecting.

She looks fairly similar in size to Lilith, which I prefer to the metal version - have you ever met two sisters where one of them is six feet tall and the other is twelve feet? She's more physically imposing and has wings, which I think accounts reasonably well for the extra Ht.

I think if Wyrd didn't want people posting endlessly about the size of Nekima's breasts, perhaps they shouldn't have had them sculpted to be enormous. The pneumatic pin-up style really doesn't suit the look or theme of the game.

• Like 4

I like her and her size. The old model was too big IMO so comparing it to that is a no brainer in my book. Everyone complained about the old metal one being too big and unwieldy. And now Wyrd have made her more in fitting with the rest of the broad and now this. It saddens me...

• Like 3

I think it's easier to think of a models HT value being the general vertical area that the model takes up, so if you envisage Nekima using her wings during battle she could be hovering 1m above the ground. Same as if a normal HT2 model is always bunched over then he's HT1 (Sebastian).

( Edit: this appears to be speculation by my own brain, even though imho, it's a valid proposition )

Lilith prefers to look human for her own reason (manipulation, cunning, etc.), and she's the complete opposite of Nekima. Who knows what's Lilith's true form after all? But Nekima, who hates humans with a rage-filled bloodlust, certainly is going to use her most destructive form (or at least one that embodies her state of mind). I personally find the new model far too small to emulate what the stories tell of the character, wasn't she was said to be the largest nephilim in one of them? but yeah i can still use the old model so there's an option.

That said if they ever release a nightmare version of her, it'll be an instant buy.

• Like 4