So about the new Nekima model

Mastershake

She's tiny, well, relative to the old one at least.  She's about the size of a Young Nephilim if you take out the scenic rocks.  Not that I'm complaining about the model quality, but if Wyrd knew she'd be this small why is she still HT3 and on a 50mm?  I took away the rocks to put her on a resin base and it's so empty it's stupid.

Argh...damn it, why did it have to be so small  :(. Compared to the new ice golem, and alot of the "old big guys", good lord....i sort of expected she'd be the same size as the old  first edition model at least. It may not be a manufacturer mistake...but it does look quite strange on the pricing/size. 

Apparently she exchanged some of her height for her chest area. :D

HELL YEAH SHE DID!!!  :D

I like the new model. I plan on picking her up when she's out for general release. Besides, she only appears to be that small because of her stance / pose. If she stood up straight she'd easily tower over the Young Nephilim in that pic. 

I've seen first hand the horror story that is the old metal one and I'm not that much of a masochist. I'll subject myself to zFiend's filthy Ressers but not metal Nekima.... NEVER metal Nekima!  :angry:

• Like 3

Wow that model is far more tiny than i thought it would be...

I too had fun building my Metal one.  There was a fair amount of patience and pinning involved, but it wasn't that bad.  I just made sure each glued joint was fully cured before moving on to the next one....

Oh, and I like your wing swap, MasterShake! Where did you get those? 

I feel it's worth saying that's not an ideal photo to judge the sizes of the models;

• Big empty space all around the shot making everything look smaller,
  • New Nekima model about 5mm shorter because it's not on a base and the others are.
  • The angle minimising the wing volume of the new Nekima and the young.

Plus given the outlandish size of Old Nekima in the range almost any model's going to look small next to her.

I'd like to see a front on shot of a based new Nekima next to the other M2e Neph to get a sense of how she looks among her peers.

Personally, I kinda like the smaller one. Puts her more in scale of Lilith, which makes sense. Now, why her price tag is relatively close to that of the Nephilim box when she's smaller than one of the three models that comes in that box, well...that's probably because she's a unique model and is likely to sell less copies than that other box, I would guess. Unique, one-off boxes have to cost more, I think.

• Like 5

Now, why her price tag is relatively close to that of the Nephilim box when she's smaller than one of the three models that comes in that box, well...that's probably because she's a unique model and is likely to sell less copies than that other box, I would guess. Unique, one-off boxes have to cost more, I think.

IIRC Eric said as much when the same questions were asked about Fuhatsu.

New Nekima model about 5mm shorter because it's not on a base and the others are.

She's standing on a giant rock formation?! :huh:

If anything, that's the other way around that it makes her look taller.

I'd like to see a front on shot of a based new Nekima next to the other M2e Neph to get a sense of how she looks among her peers.

Agreed.

She's standing on a giant rock formation?! :huh:

Isn't she somewhat crouching on the rocks? You can't see how bent her legs are given the angle of the photo.  Also the old Nekima and the Young models are effectively stood on tiptoes, again emphasising their hight relatively.

Isn't she somewhat crouching on the rocks? You can't see how bent her legs are given the angle of the photo.  Also the old Nekima and the Young models are effectively stood on tiptoes, again emphasising their hight relatively.

She certainly isn't standing anywhere near straight. OTOH, the pedant in me wants to point out that since they have hooves they kinda always stand of "tiptoes" :D

She certainly isn't standing anywhere near straight. OTOH, the pedant in me wants to point out that since they have hooves they kinda always stand of "tiptoes" :D

With the cans she's packing it's gotta be tough to stand on straight. Now enough about the cans.

Yeah they all hooves and not tiptoes, also she is standing on a rock formation so she would be even more smaller would those other two stand on the same rocks. :P

I must admit, I am pretty disappointed in the model size (but not the sculpt itself, its amazing). The model is not Ht3, not in the least.

She's bents over quite a bit. Take a look at the Soul Porter... Ht 2 model? Hell no, if it stood up sure! Ht 3 isn't relative to the actual model. That's why many Malifaux models with the same Ht of 2 or 3 are actually larger or smaller than each other. The model size is irrelevant, it's the stat that counts. It's how Wyrd can get away with so many dynamic poses, the Death Marshalls are taller than most models due to their coffins however they are still Ht 2. I for one dig the model, can't see what all the fuss is about. The old Nekima was too big in my opinion. Still, wish she was a tad cheaper than she is. Either way Wyrd wont have to wrestle the cash from me.. I'll be throwing it at them!