Release Schedule?

Phototoxin

Actually the issues I had with magnetizing were

1. the magnets stuck to all the rulers, causing models to move
  2. The magnets ended up pulling on the metal hard enough that legs came off
  3. the The Magnets glued to the bases eventually came off and got lost.
  4. I ended up with so much effort trying to make the magnets work that the bases ended up looking ugly
  5. if the magnets/metal didn't fit just right, everything was too loose, and it was difficult to pick up the model.

In the end, I decided I'd rather just make a nice base for each of them, keep 1-2 swarms, just make things look nice. I know some got magnets to work, and it was cool. for me, they ended up being more hassle than help.

Edited by Dracomax
double post

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have three sets of magnetized Spiders (1 still in work) I've not had a huge problem with these, but making the bases has lead to a lot of time spent, made worse by my compulsive need to make each set of bases more complex.

So far I haven't had any problems outside of one spider popping off the base and needing a little super glue action.

I need to play Ramos a bit more before I determine how many is enough. If I decide I need another batch, I'll give the new plastics a try.

As for the rest of the crew, I really don't need another Howard L. nor a Brass Arachnid. I might look into another Electrical Creation though.

-DavicusPrime

Edited by DavicusPrime

30mm so the render may just be magnified

I hope so... But the artwork implies it's not. It's up on it's rear legs so it can still fit on the base. It certainly looks scarier than I would expect based on the stats. Now I'm really interested in the look of the new LSA's when that wave hits.

Is it weird that Malifaux has remedied power creep in it's new edition, but now we have miniature impressiveness creep? *grin*

-DavicusPrime

The pictures look cool, but at this point they are digital versions of the art. We already know that Wyrd can make impressive looking renders. I am more interested in whether their process of making the models has improved. I am more interested in how the sprues look, how they look assembled, and what people's experiences with them will be. Are the new guys in way too many parts? What is the fiddly part factor? How thin are some of those parts going to be? Along those lines, will they be relatively easy to put together but break during use/packing (looking at you Howard)? Will the joins be at tiny spots on the models? How is the scale once they are assembled?

Hopefully the Ronin and Viks scale issue sorted out well. It does look like the anatomy on the Ronin is still the same though.

Loving the look of the Ramos and Marcus boxes. I'm going to have an expensive new year. *grin*

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

I hope so... But the artwork implies it's not. It's up on it's rear legs so it can still fit on the base. It certainly looks scarier than I would expect based on the stats. Now I'm really interested in the look of the new LSA's when that wave hits.

Is it weird that Malifaux has remedied power creep in it's new edition, but now we have miniature impressiveness creep? *grin*

-DavicusPrime

Lol. The Brass looks really sweet. Cannot wait to get these on my painting table.

Wow...both Ramos and Marcus gained an extra model in their box sets over what I expected. The Marcus box costs less than Cojo, Rattler and the Cerberus cost together, so you get new Marcus and Myranda for free along with slightly discounted on the other two. I'm hoping some of these are available early for Black Friday.

Wow...both Ramos and Marcus gained an extra model in their box sets over what I expected. The Marcus box costs less than Cojo, Rattler and the Cerberus cost together, so you get new Marcus and Myranda for free along with slightly discounted on the other two. I'm hoping some of these are available early for Black Friday.

This.

Those beasts look huge as well. The Ramos box has a good 40-50ss of models in it.

Marcus is amazing, cost/points value and quality, its got it all. I was planning on buying the starter and Cojo, but now I can get an extra Rattler instead. Thank you very much Wyrd =]

The Nephilim are fantastic, and such great value too. Easy for grow lists too since you'll probably maintain a ratio of 2:1 young and mature regardless how many you get (two for me I think).

Sonnia looks great. Really happy with the revised Samuel, such a badass, wasn't digging his previous version. Only gripe is that the Witchlings, which look great, also look like full grown men scaled down in size. Regardless, was toying with the idea of picking Sonnia as my Guild Master, and this starter pushed me over the edge (might help me wait for Marcus).

Pandora is a master I've never been interested in, but her crew looks awesome. If my friend wasn't likely to buy her I'd be really tempted to pick her up myself.

Ramos is another surprise, didn't expect Langston in there. Still not a fan of Ramos himself, but Langston and the Arachnids are winning me over.

McMourning looks brilliant as expected, love the Flesh Construct. Only getting one Canine Remains seems odd, but it's one more than we might have suspected. Got to love the Zombie Chihuahua =]

So that's 2-3 new crews for me, plus some reinforcements for Lilith. Happy days =]

Looking forward to Opheilia, Gremlins in general and Zoraida (for the Silurids).

Edited by ThePandaDirector

Ramos is another surprise, didn't expect Langston in there. Still not a fan of Ramos himself, but Langston and the Arachnids are winning me over.

Every Ramos sculpt they've done has been pretty much the same. There's just not much you can do with an old dude in a long coat. I'm marginally positive toward the new Howard, but I like the beefiness of the old metal steamborg over the new. I have the same problem with the Miss Step model I acquired through a friend who went to Gencon. The newer legs are too spindly for my taste. I love the new Joss. I was just about to paint up my metal version, but now I have the strong urge to convert his Right arm to look like the new one. Time to break out the hacksaw and green stuff!

McMourning looks brilliant as expected, love the Flesh Construct. Only getting one Canine Remains seems odd, but it's one more than we might have suspected. Got to love the Zombie Chihuahua =]

I had always thought that if I picked up a Resser Crew it would be Nico... But the contents of this box has me re-evaluating that theory. I'm sure the decision will just get harder once Nicodem's box comes out.

Ophelia became my only non-arcanist crew last edition. It's just going to get worse as they release more. I'm pretty much guaranteed to pick up Somer and the Brewmaster when they release. And Mah Tucket and her vicious spanking spoon of terror is already a must buy and we haven't even seen concept drawings of her yet.

-DavicusPrime

So, so good. Am I going to get it all? How can I resist?

I'm surprised by the Canine Remains, just because I expected a pack of them in a box of their own at some point. Maybe three or four other doggies are going to be sold separately, while the bulldog is only available with McMourning and offers additional incentive for Rezzer players to buy the box and complete the set?