M2E Scale

UltraQ

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

their hieghts are not too far off. the head scale is. left model is more of a true scale head where the one on the right looks to be what they call heroic scale head which is slightly larger. other companies are really bad about it as well. you will get unit leaders without a helmet whos head is the same size as the outside of the helmets his unit is wearing.... you kinda stop and think, how would he squeeze his big noggin in there. but heroic scale heads allow for more detail and better more dramatic paintjobs.

Although the scale really IS different (no doubt about it), I think its better. Good job, Wyrd, for realizing that previous plastics were just too small, and not sticking with it.

Agreed.

Also - it's no more inconsistent than Wyrd's scale has always been. Metals had things that were tiny like dead justice, and giants like the union miners. I think it's likely that scale will improve with plastics, but I'm glad that wyrd didn't lock themselves into the scale they used for the first batch of plastics.

Agreed.

Also - it's no more inconsistent than Wyrd's scale has always been. Metals had things that were tiny like dead justice, and giants like the union miners. I think it's likely that scale will improve with plastics, but I'm glad that wyrd didn't lock themselves into the scale they used for the first batch of plastics.

Yes, I'm pro to the heroic scale head too.

But, let me get this, am I going to play with dwarvish metals(gimme him, at least! xD), microcephalic old plastic(a brain could barely possibly fit, in my poor middle Rail Worker's head, no way in my friend's torakage's..), and new steroid-gigantism bobble heads? XD

I hope only Viks will play in NBA, although my Ramos is lucky to have mostly constructs, I'd like to still play him, without him appearing to be old Bilbo Baggins

Edited by r4st4f4n

The other thing to keep in mind is people aren't all clones. There are a range of body sizes and shapes out there IRL. Even if the average has moved some models should still be a bit taller / shorter than others.

Granted. Your brain can recognise a human form even in a stickman, and process a comic strip like it's real. But if, in the same scene, a woman's head is as big as a woe's hand, and another's woman's head is larger than a man's chest, then your brain rejects the fiction and the "flow" doesn't work. Some proportions are respected even by dwarves, newborns, obese/anorexic, Guinness World Records tallest/shortest men, that's how you discern 25mm minis from 32mm.

I think there should be a minimum of backward compatibility, not for me, mostly for the 10+ old crews owners... The scale has never be precisely defined, there were many slightly different ones in old Malifaux, a new one with plastics, now another new one, hardly compatible with every other, seems a bit messy...

And I am one of those who appreciate the new Wyrd's work, and do not like the too many issues raised on this forum on every little trifle...

The difference in the models is really big. It's immediately caught to the eye. If they are supposed to be same scale, there's been a mistake at some point, no matter how you justify the mistake with people in real life being different scale. Think of an army of say space marines, where stands 3 different scale models from the same company, that are supposed to be same scale. Would that be justified by different factories making different armors? :P

Uggh. This is really bumming me out.

The tora, beckoner, and other fig totally DON'T look to be the same scale as the ronin.

It looks like they sized the figs in that set vs. each other but not vs. the rest of the line.

I am currently operating under the assumption that Wyrd has not chamged scale as I've heard not mention of biggie figure from the new releases.

Sure, there should be big folks...but that should be reflected in the stats and fluff if model X is a biggie. How many scenes are there describing the Viks or a ronin whacking their heads on doorjams?

A ronin is a generic fighter and shouldn't be huge!

These are done on computer and in my opinion Wyrd should have a much tighter QC around this. If this does reflect a scale change...please just make it consistent across all the new stuff and quit switching it up.

Edited by Iron Heel

This a little letdown to me too. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it is a big deal, but the OCD in me wants every model in the same scale, and I thought the virtual rendering would make it possible. I loved the new Viktorias crew, but seeing they don't match other models, even the ones that should be in their crew (Vanessa), makes me like them less.

The bases are the same height and I'm not really hung up on the scale difference, just surprised when I saw them side by side. I don't mind the plastic getting scaled up a little, and if it mitigates to some degree the fiddly bits great, esp for new players. I happened to have camera and crews out (which is rare) and knew this thread was out here. I think a little creative basing for Vanessa and I'll be all set. I'm not even sure but that the first wave of plastics wasn't underscaled...Misaki plastic box v. original metal 10 thunders guys for example.

Wait! Maybe we can breathe half a sigh of relief!

Not if you are a Viks player, really... nor the responsible for molding... but take a look at this

BTEQBB6CYAEuUI8.jpg

Looks like just the big girls got the problem, also within the new plastics => maybe next boxes won't! :) Can anyone confirm that?

I saw a picture where the guy under the Wendigo looked much bigger than Rasputina... We'd have to see Raspy near a Ronin too

Wow... yep, the Ronin and at least the Vik of Ashes is, for me, distractingly off from the rest. I mean, I have the Hired Swords in hand, and I don't think they're unplayable with the other minis in the new ranges of plastics... but yep, it's obvious. I REALLY hope that 38mm render from TtB we saw gets sized down. I don't want my males and females to be, well, the size of Space Marines...

(maybe Von Schill)

Anyone have a shot of Rasputina next to Lady J and Tara they could put up?