The Best Laid Plans...What will M2E mess up for you?

Iron Heel

Hello All,

First, I am excited for Malifaux 2nd Edition and certainly trust that it will be solid.

This is not a post crying DOOM for Wyrd or the tabletop industry en masse.

However, I am a bit bummed about one thing.

I lurked on the outskirts for a while before entering the breach myself. The crew idea that helped me finally jump into this game was doing a carnival-themed Zoraida/Collodi crew with Killjoy as a beatstick.

I opted to learn the game with an easier crew and slowly put the Z/C+K crew together; you can see the results here..

http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?33334-Iron-Heel-Carnival-of-Doom!&highlight=doom+carnival

Now that Collodi will be a master (like ALL the current henchmen), I assume that I cannot take both him and Zoraida without embarking on very big game points-wise, of which I have little interest. I really brought Z into the crew because I wanted to get Killjoy into a Collodi crew which may not even be possible now at all. I guess I will have to wait for the 2E rules.

:1_Exhausted_Puppet:

Anyone else bumping into 2E oriented dilemmas?

From what I can tell you should be ok keeping Killjoy with Collodi but you won't be able to have Z in there as well unless it is a Brawl. Everything I have read and heard so far points tospecial forces no longer being part of the game and the masters that were henchmen in 1e loosing most if not all of their old hiring restrictions.

Then again I may have misinterpreted that so don't hold me to anything

I can understand your pain, but it's not like you won't be able to play them, just not all together... now you'll just have to expand your Evil Klown themed crews!

While I was never a big Viks/Von Schill combo guy, losing out on that magical combination is actually going to be a nice breath of fresh air. In many ways they were too good together.

I have to find some more models to turn my Vikscorps crew (an idea I had based on aesthetics rather than power...I can make any combo bad) into two seperate crews. Won't be too bad for the Freicorps, but Viks is tricky. I may give Vanessa a LSPA to play with. Or a Soulstone miner. We'll see come M2E.

Edited by fishtank

I also hear on Aethervox that SFs were done for, but I am operationg under an assumption that Collodi with be a dolls-only guy in 2E despite that.

I wouldn't think so. Granted, he might work best with a lot of dolls but the impression I got from the interviews is that the hiring restrictions are pretty much gone.

It messed up my decision to quit playing Malifaux.

As long as we get more people who feel this way, instead of it messing up potential players' decisions to start playing.

It's definitely enough to make people pause until the dust settles, the tarps come down, the curtains go up, and a new show takes the stage.

Now that Collodi will be a master (like ALL the current henchmen), I assume that I cannot take both him and Zoraida without embarking on very big game points-wise, of which I have little interest. I really brought Z into the crew because I wanted to get Killjoy into a Collodi crew which may not even be possible now at all. I guess I will have to wait for the 2E rules.

:1_Exhausted_Puppet:

Anyone else bumping into 2E oriented dilemmas?

I had purchased Collodi Crew to support my Lilith - now I don't now if I want play Collodi as a crew commander. Maybe I will be using wicked dolls in Zoraida crew.

Funny thing: I obtain Collody very recently - so I don’t even had opportunity to use him.

Edited by caen

Only small spanner for me is to do with a themed Seamus willy wonka crew I painted a while back and still haven't used!

It contains a lot of proxy models, and includes Von Schill as grandpa joe. I'll simply need to re proxy the model as someone else now :) no biggy.

Personally I'm loving the opportunity to play all the masters, and current henchmen, in new ways with new puzzles to solve. It's going to be a lot of fun. Although I love my current crews, I'm not going to mourn for them either - I'm simply going to dive into the new stuff!

Personally I'm loving the opportunity to play all the masters, and current henchmen, in new ways with new puzzles to solve. It's going to be a lot of fun. Although I love my current crews, I'm not going to mourn for them either - I'm simply going to dive into the new stuff!

A BIG +1 to this!

How do you think I feel? I have to learn an entire new faction!

Lol.

It's messed up my plans to play Guild to the end of the year. Having seen the Tina art I'm going to have to go back to my first ever master; 'Tina.

I may well dust off old man Ramos if he gets a boost. Ideally some form of steam powered hip replacement.

It's messed up my plans on getting the current models, and advanced my plans on finishing my terrain while I wait for the new stuff to come out. Hopefully I'll have a completely modelled malifaux table by release date, which is also incidentally my birthday month.

Rock on.

It's messed up my plans on getting the current models, and advanced my plans on finishing my terrain while I wait for the new stuff to come out. Hopefully I'll have a completely modelled malifaux table by release date, which is also incidentally my birthday month.

Rock on.

It's a good plan. As we'll still be able to use our old models, once we finally get our hands on the new stats for them (some crews will be waiting longer than others), I'm trying to drive on with painting what I have. More terrain is always a plus, though.