Malifools M2E question thread

Thought it might be easier for some folks if there was a thread to collect questions for Mack and Justin for when they come back on the show in a couple of weeks.

Just post your questions here and we'll get them aked and hopefully answered.

Questions like what is Macks favourite pizza are almost a certainty, along with 'what you drinking bro'

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has the balance shifted from "at the faction level" to "at the master level" with this new upgrade system?

Has summoning undergone any major revisions?

Are factions themselves being revised to strengthen their central themes?

Which Masters are going to be in the first 2e book?

Dumber conspiracy theory: Chemtrails or the Fake Moon Landing?

Edited by Jonas Albrecht

With the delayed release of the revised model rules how do you plan to keep new players that may only have one master engaged in the game if that master/ crew is only released in phase 2. You dont expect them to be cut out of the game for six months and still return do you?

How should brick and mortar stores approach this new edition in terms of product that is already in stock. Each blister and box on the shelves will contain outdates and out of print cards. Is there going to be some type of recycling program to return product or at least get new cards?

What would be your recommendations to henchman who will be giving demos over the next few months. They will still be giving demos of 1.5 knowing that 2ed could be just a few weeks away. I guess the real question is how do you keep it from feeling like a bait and switch.

Will all named unique models be henchman?

Edited by Twisted Metal

Why the public beta? Other games companies tend to shy away from that, so why have you decided to do this? Also will you resist making big changes between now and the release (I'm thinking back to GW with Jervis and the Epic Armageddon testing, as he seemed to like tinkering too much with the rules and they changed quite a bit!)?

What expansion packs are in the works?

Will the rules be available in different formats (Paperback, Hardback, Digital)?

1) For me the absolutely *key* thing that elevates Malifaux above any other game is the *perfect* match between a model's (particularly a Master's) fluff/concept, and the interaction of several oft-complex rules, producing a completely unique playstyle for each master that "feels" right. How do Wyrd plan to preserve this in a more simplified M2E world?

2) How does the Transmortis story pack interact with M2E? Is it built for the current ruleset, or will it include M2E stat cards and be more forward looking?

3) The new Tina art has me very excited (although I'm half way through painting a current Tina crew, my motivation is suddenly sapped...) What are the expected timescales for re-release of other existing crews in plastic? Presumably we wont be seeing 20-odd new plastic boxed crews at Gencon in August....? Are we looking at phased re-releases over the next year? 2 years?

1) For me the absolutely *key* thing that elevates Malifaux above any other game is the *perfect* match between a model's (particularly a Master's) fluff/concept, and the interaction of several oft-complex rules, producing a completely unique playstyle for each master that "feels" right. How do Wyrd plan to preserve this in a more simplified M2E world?

+1

Are there any changes to the LoS rules? This is still a bugbear for new players from other systems in my meta.

Are there any plans for full featured mobile software (errata updates, list creation, stat-cards etc.)?

Are there any plans to offer the M2 stat-cards outside of the books/faction decks digitally, say as part of the above software or via pdf?

Edited by GrAYFoX
Clarification

Have they modified the More soulstone dependent masters(Like Sonnia or Colette) to work with the new soulstone rules, and can they give an example of how?

Is the number of Soulstones you can bring into a game changing? (by which I mean, is it still limited to 8 stones? less? more?)

I listened to the Malifools podcast pretty much the second it came out yesterday and it sounded to me like all models will be able to use soulstones in some way. Is this correct and if so could you expand on it a bit?

This has been answered in another podcast I just listened to.

Next question: Will there be an online and/or offline crew building tool?

Edited by Tuttleboy

Purely selfish Guild questions:

1) I see McMourning is going dual faction. Great - I have one ready. Will he be able to bring Resser models into a Guild crew? If so which? So I can get painting for Gencon.

2) Will the poor maligned Executioner be one of the new "Enforcers"?

3) Can we see McCabe as a sort of dry run if the attatchment idea?

Having only read what's been posted and listened to Malifools...

1) Tara: Herald of Obliteration. Tell us more about her, please?

2) What happens with the special forces henchmen now that they've become masters? Are they going to retain their limited hiring pools or is the plan to open them up to the rest of the faction?

3) And more over, have any steps been taken to promote retention of theme in crews? IE some advantage to playing, say, an all Ortega crew versus a Perdita led crew with Witchling Stalkers, Constructs, and dogs?

4) Are the upgrades coming from a common pool available to each faction? Or will each model have its own upgrades available? I can see the McCabe system working for the masters, but I would have to think that would get a bit clunky when you consider that minions get upgrades as well.

1.) how will summoning work in 2nd edition

2.) for duel faction masters, will they still retain a piece of their original faction hireling pool?

3.) what is going on with arcanists, you mentioned in an interview that they are the only faction that is not getting any other duel faction (except for Mei fang) but something else is being done...something special?

4.) for duel faction masters, will they have different upgrades depending on the faction they are working for?

When will we see Digital Stat cards (i.e. iOS, Android, etc.), similar to War Room? This would make any changes a lot easier.

That would be totally awesome, for sure, but they would have to hire a developer (or two, if they can't get one person who does both languages) to write it for them. With such a big release coming, money is almost certainly an issue for Wyrd until everything is released and selling.

How will manifesting change?

Any changes to the Joker mechanic

This was answered in one of the other podcasts.

Red joker = severe + weak damage instead of extra extra flip and opponent can not cheat.

With the rule changes, particularly to soulstones, it seems that masters are weaker offensively but more survivable. Do the developers feel the level of lethality and risk remain in tact?

Has there been a shift in the balance between the importance of a model's stats and luck of the fate deck?

Do (0) actions still exist along with abilities like instinctual?

Are totems part of the peon classification? Have totems been revamped at all?

Edited by Malovane