Some suggestions for Wyrd

Da Big Baws

Here are a few suggestions for Wyrd, post if you agree with any of them or with your own.

- Offer books in both Hardcover and Softcover, I would pay $10 more happily for Hardcover books.

- Offer a Counter / Token set.

- More Wyrd Chronicles!

- The next step to Puppet Wars, make Puppet Plushies! I would love a Teddy, Seamus, Hoffman, Baby Kade, Pandora, and Rasputina plushie, hell, I'd love any Puppet Wars plushies.

Other than Counters and Wyrd Chronicles, I'd love to see some up-to-date and readily available reference for all the Malifaux characters (their up-to date cards and such).

It can be:

- A quarterly publication with the high quality pictures of new models as well. Could use an option to subscribe for reasonable price.

- An iOS/Android APP (even if new card sets are in-app purchases or it's a subscription).

- An online database (again, make it a subscription service if necessary).

I personally like the mobile APP the most - it probably would be the cheapest and the easiest to upgrade.

Actual publication would be very easy to use in-game and could be the beginning of Wyrd's own Malifaux-themed magazine, but probably is the hardest to actually produce.

Other than Counters and Wyrd Chronicles, I'd love to see some up-to-date and readily available reference for all the Malifaux characters (their up-to date cards and such).

It can be:

- A quarterly publication with the high quality pictures of new models as well. Could use an option to subscribe for reasonable price.

- An iOS/Android APP (even if new card sets are in-app purchases or it's a subscription).

- An online database (again, make it a subscription service if necessary).

I personally like the mobile APP the most - it probably would be the cheapest and the easiest to upgrade.

Actual publication would be very easy to use in-game and could be the beginning of Wyrd's own Malifaux-themed magazine, but probably is the hardest to actually produce.

i'd def pay for an online publication.

Pdfs are the new paperback format

[ame]

[/ame]

Replace "Spaceballs" with "Malifaux" and you get the jist =]

I think it is a neccessity for the fluff to be carried on in the Chronicles, anual fluff is just not sustainable imo.

Plushies would be awesome, I already have panda teddies, my masculinity is secure.

I would like to see better shirts too, didn't get the PW shirt because I don't like the logo (Eric's avatar), but one with the other logo (one on the box) would be cool as well as ones for puppets (maybe one per suit).

For me the most important thing is opening avenues for (a) more fluff and (B) more appeal to the unschooled masses (advertise people). Chronicles and plushies is where to start.

First and foremost I'd love to see some more alternative decks. The puppet deck is cool, but I can't help but search for alternative poker decks that would also suit the theme of Malifaux.

Like Q'iq'el, I'd also love to see an iOS/Android APP similar to iBodger (the Warmachine App for building lists and recording your collection).

Other than that, I would also appreciate more alternative models and any other accessories that would allow me to pimp my collection.

I would like to see some Minion and Master decks with the updated text. Even though they had the V2 redemption there has still been some major errata changes since then and it would be great to just be able to purchase the updated cards in one go than have to check for errata all the time.

Other than that I would like to see some more wyrd chronicles and have that be the way that you learn about storyline rather than the books as much. Even though I do love the story's in the books I would definetly look foreward towards a quarterly E-zine type of gig. With Stories, strategy articles, painting tips and even additional game content like strategies and scheme's and such.

Should have made this one choice only. I mean, I'm sure we all want all of those things.

I voted wyrd chronicles, because that's what I would like the most.

The reasoning behind multiple choice is to show if there is interest in various choices instead of one. For example, currently almost 2/3 of the voters would like a Token set. It shows that 2/3 of voters would also like Wyrd Chronicles back. At best, that is 2/3 of voters wanting both, at worth, 1/3 wanting both, and 1/3 wanting each choice. Therefore, if they did both, they could please between 2/3 and all the voters.

:)

Edited by Da Big Baws

First

I think a Hardcover book is a BAD idea- some of the best games suffer because their starting price to get in requires an overpriced hard cover book that inevitably has printing flaws and errors and requires a lengthy FAQ or an online correction

WAY too much of our culture is now geared to smart phones or tablet PC’s; this path should be the way of the future, not wasteful printing- Piazo does an amazing job of offering downloadable apps and PDF files, any corrections or updates can be made in “app” form as a “patch” with very little cost or hassle

Having said that,

I would like to see smaller book releases like that of the main rule book, to more accurately reflect the release schedule of the models

Wyrd (IMO) is treading close to the issues Privateer Press is having with releasing materials and not keeping up with the need for models (older and new)

Tokens!

YES please!- work something out with LITKO or… GF9 (if you must)

Organized Play

My main interest is a proper ORGANIZED format for tournament and league play

with a definitive scoring system that is universal-

I absolutely HATE going to another store and having to tolerate "house rules" or alternate win scenarios because a T.O. is favoring their players

Also some kind of recognizable achievement or reward system like tokens, patches, badges...something

Should have made this one choice only. I mean, I'm sure we all want all of those things.

Not really.

Counters I can live without (I have generic dry-erase ones that work fine for multiple games).

Hardback books I detest for weight and ease of reading issues. Imho, hardback books are only good for clocking high school bullies with...

I voted for more Chronicles and Plushies.

At the minute being new to the game I want.

Easier access to the original rulebook fluff (currently have to ebay. (I would pay for PDF or a softcover story book).

and talking about story books, how about some officialy stamped novels!

Also some sort of ETA for another batch of Terraclips as everyone here (UK) seems to have sold out with no idea of when they will be back in stock.