Is Ophelias crew fun?

Angor

Hi guys

I am kind of tempted by the Ophelia crew. Is it fun to play?

I already own a pair of crews which I love to bits (Dreamer/Hamelin) but would like a third and a shooting heavy crew would be a nice change I think. I dont care if it is that competative on the table I would just like a crew to bring out and have fun.

The LaCroix are tons of fun to play, not only are they a mini, green, gremlin wanna-bes of the Ortegas; they also have a lot more shenanigans that more often than not make you and your opponent just laugh.

I agree with Cornelious that you will be a strong competitor and people in your LGS might fear your crew, but your crew is also the one that a lot of people enjoy playing against as you never know what the little buggers will do next.

I highly suggest picking them up especially because the totems are being released in August XD

She's a lot of fun to play. Nothing brightens your day more than seeing a look on an opponent's face when you 1shot their best model with a double damage trigger hahaha.

They can be competitive as well, but their comp. learning curve is steep.

Actually, a question of my own. Have you other gremlin players tried using Som'er (just him) with an all Lacroix crew? It seems like draining your opponent's hand every turn followed by a round of Lacroix shooting is just insanely brutal but I have yet to try it myself.

I love the Green Lady and her boys.:D

My meta does not.

Just be ready to do silly crap all the time. Run up Piere do oppsy, then shoot him in the back.(took out 12pts worth of models pulling that.) Have them laugh as you lead your crew with the Youngins then watch their jaws drop when you hit them for 8pts. Watch your opponent put their master in a horrible position becuase they are absolutely determined to take out Rami.(I myself don't consider him that great of a model after turn three.) Same goes with the Slophualer. and watch them ignore some of the other models till the end when they really come into their own.

every model has potential to cause pure insanity and is useful as all get out. Yet you never feel bad about making that sacrifice when the time comes to earn some VP.

I own and play all the Neverborn Masters, yet Ophelia has a sweet spot in my heart that keeps me reaching for her in my bag to get just one more time with her.

Oh Gremlin love.:love:

:ophelia

Wow you can really sell a crew! You do make them sound just so tempting. I keep trying to resist as I have not finished painting one of my other crews.... but Gremlin Cowboys are drawing me in.

every model has potential to cause pure insanity

Im sold!

How can you not like a crew that has a Gremlin with a repeating rifle? :-) Shoory Gremlins with a propensity to shoot each other in the back, have their pigs eat them and who have a pighand who has a whirling pigslop dance of death :-)

I've been reading the background for them and I can't tell if I love them for the sheer insanity or because they are Gremlin clones of the Ortegas. Either way they are the next crew I get after I get my Rasputinas painted

• 3 weeks later...

Like in baseball, i am stealing the thread (for the sake of not creating a new one related) sorry and thanks.

I was out of Malifaux for a time, but the fever have returned, my eyes are on Ophelia since her release.

Now i have to ask the experts, beside the box, what are good add-ons for her for 35ss? Thanks a lot!

Actually, a question of my own. Have you other gremlin players tried using Som'er (just him) with an all Lacroix crew? It seems like draining your opponent's hand every turn followed by a round of Lacroix shooting is just insanely brutal but I have yet to try it myself.

I tried Som'er & Ophelia together and the Ophelia crew with the addition of piglets get some real shenanigans. The Piglets can in theory replace Ophelia, but having Ophelia give you automatic triggers is devastating, Used that on the one who gets a free shot (Rami?). After sling-shoting him to the front immediately took out 2 Alps and a Teddy, self destructing in the process. It was the first time my opponent saw gremlins in action. Its really nice seeing LCB stop and rethink his strategy of frontal assault & overrun.

Other note. If playing Ophelia, Get 1 blister of Slop haulers & the 2 pt models (forget name). With that I think you'll be set until the Young Lacroix come out.

Must haves are Youngins and Slophualers, bayou gremlins and Taxi boy with pigs is interesting if you have the extra ss to spare. Bayous are nice for taking points in schemes but the Youngins are more deadly in a scrap. And who could resist a little one with a pistol as big as he is. :happypuppet2

I have got a whole list of shenanigans that I should get into Pull My Finger soon.

Edited by Murphy'sLawyer