Do people play just one Faction?

brimmstorm

Its a real mixture where I am, some people have just one faction, some people have one faction + Mercenaries and some people have a couple of masters from several factions.

I currently only have Outcasts, but as I have Levi I can easily see myself getting Hoffman. Or Ramos. Or Collodi..... Or all three :)

I am trying to stick with 2 factions and have been pretty satisfied with that approach. It lets me realistically choose either faction and be able to field a decent crew for that day's strategies.

Thanks to low model count you don't need whole armies for each master. A couble key substitutes basically give you a different army.

I'm on 2 masters from Neverborn, Ressurectionist and Outcasts. I think 2 from a faction is a nice number especially if you can share models between them. Eg Jack Daw, Onryo and Hanged between Kirai and Seamus, All the mercs and Freikorp between Viks and Von Schill.. and a lot of models between Pandora and Zoraida including Coppelius, Kade, Candy, Stitched, Teddy.

Generally I've stuck to one faction or to be more precise, I've stuck to one Master. I've been enjoying Zoraida too much to consider playing another master for more than the odd game. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Although EricJ's above comment is certainly encouraging me to look at building up crews for the other factions. ;)

Edited by Rathnard

To be honest the game seems to be more along the lines that you play masters rather than factions. There are a lot of masters that are capable of taking units from other factions (Levi, Kirai, and Hoffman for example) so there's not a whole lot of reason to just confine yourself to a single faction. You want to play Levi? Why not also buy some Ressurectionist masters if you decide to play him with undead or Arcanist or Guild masters if you like to play him with constructs. Hamlin can take units such as Terror Tot Nephilim and Kade along with units from the other non-Outcast factions and if you have Hoffman then you might as well get Ramos too if you plan on using Arcanist constructs heavily in your crew.

To me it seems like there's just so much inter-connectivity between the factions in the game due to certain masters that if you want to play those masters then you're handi-capping yourself unless you pretty much start a new faction (note: slight over exaggeration). I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but it is something that needs to be considered. Personally it's one of the things I find interesting about this game.

I enjoy the painting aspect of the hobby so I plan on collecting everything at one point. As for the game portion I rotate between guild and neverborn. I love Zoradia and Pandora's fear factors, however there is nothing like the damage output of the guild models... hooray for critical strike.

I own all but 4 blisters from the guild and plan on getting both Hoffman and Ramos as soon as Hoffman is out.

As for the neverborn, I don't have lilth or dreamer, but have about 20 neverborn models.

Edited by Mr. Bigglesworth

I've got Raspy and So'Mer. I'm frequently tempted to branch out into other Masters, but so far I have resisted. Collodi will probably suck me into the Neverborn and if the horrors are sufficiently cool, I'll be tempted to pick up Molly too. I'm still waiting on a Guild master that appeals to my aethetics.

I have Masters from 3 Factions so far with Ressers, Outcasts and the Guild. I find that there is a fair bit of overlap with a couple of the crews buts its much for variety as anything else but then again I also have Leveticus so grabbing models from left right and centre kind of makes sense, when Hoffman comes out I will have 2 Masters from each of the factions I have